AT40: Olivia Rodrigo (4) Week Of April 10, 2021

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks super phenomenal. We do have another super heavenly debut this week, which of course I'm going to get to later. But other than that, the Top 20 does seem to be looking amazing. But I'll get to all of those later on in this post, but for now, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Harry Styles - Golden

LOONA - Star

Zara Larsson/Young Thug - Talk About Love


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

The Countdown:

#40. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#40)

#39. Justin Bieber - Hold On (DEBUT)

#38. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (#38)

#37. AJR - Way Less Sad (DEBUT)

#36. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#35)

#35. SZA - Good Days (DEBUT)

#34. Daya - Bad Girl (#36)

#33. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#34)

#32. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#31)

#31. Tiesto - The Business (#30)

#30. AJR - Bang! (#29)

#29. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#33)

#28. Cardi B. - Up (#32)

#27. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#26)

#26. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira - Girl Like Me (#28)

#25. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters (#20)

#24. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#23)

#23. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#27)

#22. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#24)

#21. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#18)

#20. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti (#22)

#19. Taylor Swift - Willow (#16)

#18. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#19)

#17. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#21)

#16. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#25)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#15)

#14. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#14)

#13. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#13)

#12. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#12)

#11. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#9)

#10. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#10)

#9. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#11)

#8. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#8)

#7. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#7)

#6. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#6)

#5. Ariana Grande - Positions (#5)

#4. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#3)

#3. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#4)

#2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (5th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (+9) in the Top 20. What an amazing week for them! Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 very soon.

All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters (-5) had the biggest drop this week as it dropped out of the Top 20. I didn't actually expecting that to happen, but I'm not too thrilled to see it. Although it might be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Justin Bieber - Hold On: This is absolutely an amazing song and it's definitely a step up from Anyone. As for my opinion, the production and the beat here is super outstanding, Justin's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so remarkable, and that chorus was absolutely amazing. Though his other song, Peaches is actually gaining lots of airplay on the pop radio charts, so I'm sure this should debut on there very soon. But let's see how far this should get.


AJR - Way Less Sad: The best debut this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation and this is definitely the best song I've ever heard from them. It's definitely a huge step up from Bang. It's absolutely a super heavenly song. The production here is so heavenly, the vocals were absolutely heavenly, the lyrics were heavenly, and the chorus was super heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 5 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll become a huge hit on there.


SZA - Good Days: This song has really been doing well on the pop radio charts currently. And I was actually expecting this song to make it's debut on there. And now, there it is. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. The production was so amazing, SZA's vocals are absolutely amazing, the lyrics are what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super amazing. Let's see how far this one goes.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - Positions: Wow, I didn't actually expect this song to still be in the Top 5 this week. But I'm pleased that it's still in there. I know it's because of her, but I'm sure this is probably going to be out of here within the next week or so.

4. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35: Wow, I actually thought that it was going to still be in the Top 3 this week. But it didn't actually. But like Positions, I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 5 for a few more weeks longer.

3. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On: No, we don't want to see this song in the Top 3! This really doesn't deserve it. This seriously needs to be out of here and be banned from going in there.

2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: I'm fine with this song still in there, but I'm sure this is probably going to be at the top spot within the next week or so, but let's see if it'll happen.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Gosh, how is she doing at the start of her career? She really has started becoming very popular. But I'm sure another song might hit the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Ariana Grande - POV

Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Rihanna/Jay-Z - Umbrella

Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves

Avicii/Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up

Charlie Puth - How Long

Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say

The Weeknd - Heartless

Lizzo - Truth Hurts

Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)

Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

Post Malone - Better Now

The Kid Laroi - So Done

Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On

19. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

18. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

17. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

16. The Kid Laroi - Without You

15. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

14. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

13. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

12. Justin Bieber - Anyone

11. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

10. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

9. Taylor Swift - Willow

8. Dua Lipa - We're Good

7. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

6. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

4. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 78/100 = 78% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023