Olivia Rodrigo (3) Week Of March 13, 2021

Again, I hope everyone's been keeping on staying safe because this day marks the one year anniversary of nearly everything shutting down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And that was the main reason why last year started to get worse. We will always try and remember that. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it actually looks super interesting. We do have some interesting debuts this week, which of course I'm going to get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say about it, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

Taylor Swift - Love Story (Taylor's Version)

Ed Sheeran - Afterglow

Sabrina Carpenter - Skin [DTHNOBx2]

Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy [DTHNOBx2]

SZA - Good Days


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

The Countdown:

#30. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (DEBUT)

#29. AJR - Way Less Sad (#29)

#28. 24kgoldn - 3, 2, 1 (DEBUT)

#27. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me (DEBUT)

#26. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (DEBUT)

#25. Tones And I - Fly Away (#22)

#24. Jason Derulo/Adam Levine - Lifestyle (#23)

#23. Conan Gray - Overdrive (#27)

#22. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#20)

#21. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty (#28)

#20. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#21)

#19. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#26)

#18. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#17)

#17. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart (DEBUT)

#16. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#19)

#15. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (RE-ENTRY)

#14. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#18)

#13. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#12)

#12. Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover (#14)

#11. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#11)

#10. Joshua Bassett - Lie Lie Lie (#10)

#9. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#5)

#8. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness (#8)

#7. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#9)

#6. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#4)

#5. Taylor Swift - Willow (#7)

#4. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters (#2)

#3. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#3)

#2. Harry Styles - Golden (#6)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Adore You (5 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Jessia - I'm Not Pretty and Dua Lipa - We're Good (+7) tying for the biggest jump this week and they've actually been coming back up.

Since We're Good had the biggest jump this week, Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (-4) has managed to take the biggest drop this week. But at least it's still in the Top 10, but I'm sure it's going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean: He has finally made his first countdown appearance this week. Now, this is such an amazing and fun rap song for me to listen to. As for my opinion, the production is super interesting, this guy's rapping sounded so amazing and he flows very nicely throughout the entire song, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully it'll do well on there.


24kgoldn - 3, 2, 1: This is just a mediocre song. There's really nothing here that's interesting to say about this song. Though I don't mind the production and the lyrics here, because I think they're both solid. But I still don't like Goldn's vocals. And the chorus does seem to be a bit loud, but I think it still sounds okay. So yeah, overall this is a mediocre song. Definitely not as good as Mood. Let's see how far this one goes. I'm not sure if it's going to do well on here though.


Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me: I absolutely have no idea why we have this song, but my gosh this song was absolutely another garbage song. And what I've noticed about him is that he's actually another TikTok star and he actually cheats on Dixie D'Amelio's sister Charli D'Amelio, which made me lose interest on him. Now, on to my opinion. The production is so generic, his vocals don't sound good at all, and that chorus was absolutely garbage. So yeah, we don't need this. This better not do well on there. NEXT!


Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open: The best countdown debut this week. Now, this group contains of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak, which I've actually found super amazing. As far as this song goes, this is definitely an amazing song. The production here is absolutely amazing, Bruno's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics are super nicely-written, the chorus was super phenomenal, and I really love Anderson .Paak's verse. I think he sounds so amazing. So yeah, it's definitely a super fun song for me. Hopefully it does well on there.


Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart: This is definitely another amazing song. Though definitely not as good as Save Myself, but it's still amazing. Now, for my opinion on this song, the production here is so outstanding, Ashe's vocals were super amazing, Finneas's vocals were actually so amazing in his contribution, I really love those lyrics, and that chorus was absolutely amazing. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too: I'm super pleased to see it back on the countdown. Now, I'm sure this should do amazing on there on it's second run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Taylor Swift - Willow: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. I'm super glad to see this song back in there. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters: Wow, I was actually expecting it to be out of the Top 3 this week. And now, there it goes. And I'm sure this is going to be back out of the Top 5 within the next week or so.

3. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: I'm pleased that it's still in the Top 3, but I'm still waiting for this song to move up and be at the top spot. But hopefully it'll be in there soon.

2. Harry Styles - Golden: I feel like this song might be coming back to the top spot. But again, I'm not sure if it's actually going to come back there.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in the top spot. Gosh, she really has been having a really strong start in her career. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. YUNGBLUD/Machine Gun Kelly - Acting Like That (DEBUT)

2. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (DEBUT)

3. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes

4. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late (DEBUT)

5. SZA - Good Days (RE-ENTRY)

6. Sara Kays - Remember That Night

7. Leah Nobel - Beginning Middle End

8. G-Eazy/Chris Brown - Provide

9. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (DEBUT)

10. Nick Jonas - 2 Drunk (DEBUT)

11. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

12. Tate McRae - Slower (DEBUT)

13. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)

14. Daya - Bad Girl

15. Tiesto - The Business


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


YUNGBLUD/Machine Gun Kelly - Acting Like That: Does anyone remember him? He had that song back in 2019 called 11 Minutes, and that was a song that I hate back then. And now, he's finally back with a much better song. As far as this new song goes, it's actually amazing and it's definitely way better than 11 Minutes. The production was so amazing, YUNGBLUD's vocals were absolutely amazing and he sounds way better than he did in 11 Minutes, the lyrics were super outstanding, the chorus was absolutely phenomenal, and I really love MGK's verse. So yeah, this is an amazing song overall. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR HITS 1 TO PICK UP A SONG FROM HIM?????!!!!! This does not deserve to be on there, because my gosh this song is absolutely garbage. There's nothing here that's great to say about it! The production is so awful, Lil Tjay's vocals were egregious, 6lack's vocals in his verse were absolutely grating, those lyrics are a huge mess, and that chorus was super generic. This is definitely going to be in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year when it debut the countdown soon. I'm sure hoping it doesn't happen.


Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late: This is such an outstanding song. I feel like it's actually been super long since we last heard this EDM artist. And now, he's finally back. Now, on to my opinion. The production was absolutely outstanding, Wiz's verses were super amazing and he flows very nicely here, Lukas's vocals were super outstanding in the chorus, and the drop was absolutely amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


SZA - Good Days: I have no idea why this song is back in there. I'm not too thrilled to see that, But hopefully it'll be back on the countdown soon.


Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I know I've said that because I know she has been such a very talented singer. As far as this song goes, it's absolutely amazing. Though definitely not as good as Baby I'm Jealous, but it's still amazing. The production was absolutely amazing, Bebe's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown very soon.


Nick Jonas - 2 Drunk: The last time he released a solo single was back in 2017 with Find You, and I've been enjoying this song back then. Now, as for this new song, it's definitely another outstanding song and it's definitely a step up from Find You. The production was so outstanding, Nick's vocals were very amazing, the lyrics were super nice, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Hopefully this should debut the countdown very soon.


Tate McRae - Slower: We finally get another new single from her since Rubberband failed to be on the weekend countdown last week. As for this new song, it's also an amazing song and it's actually a step up from Rubberband. As for my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Tate's vocals were so amazing, those lyrics are absolutely amazing, and that chorus was definitely what I stand for. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon since Rubberband didn't.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On

29. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

28. 24kgoldn - 3, 2, 1


3 - Decent:

27. Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover

26. The Kid Laroi - Without You

25. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

24. Tones And I - Fly Away

23. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

22. Joshua Bassett - Lie Lie Lie

21. Justin Bieber - Anyone

20. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

19. Harry Styles - Golden

18. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart

17. Taylor Swift - Willow

16. Conan Gray - Overdrive

15. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

14. Jason Derulo/Adam Levine - Lifestyle

13. Dua Lipa - We're Good

12. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

11. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

10. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

8. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

7. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

6. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness

5. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too

4. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart

TIE: 1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 129/150 = 86% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023