Taylor Swift (2) Week Of April 3, 2021

So the month of April is now upon us! And we are now in the second quarter of the year. Gosh, time has been flying by so fast! And Baylor has won the NCAA Championship, so congrats to them! I thought they had a phenomenal performance throughout the whole tournament. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks pretty good, though there were a mixture of good and bad things that happened on there. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Harry Styles - Golden

Tones And I - Fly Away


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Willow

The Countdown:

#30. KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience (DEBUT)

#29. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters (#24)

#28. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late (#30)

#27. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#18)

#26. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time (#28)

#25. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#23)

#24. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me (#26)

#23. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#25)

#22. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#10)

#21. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#29)

#20. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#19)

#19. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#20)

#18. Ariana Grande - POV (DEBUT)

#17. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#16)

#16. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#15)

#15. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#22)

#14. AJR - Way Less Sad (#13)

#13. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty (#14)

#12. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart (#9)

#11. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#11)

#10. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#12)

#9. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (#17)

#8. Conan Gray - Overdrive (#8)

#7. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#7)

#6. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness (#6)

#5. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#5)

#4. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#4)

#3. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#2)

#2. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#3)

#1. Taylor Swift - Willow (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Adore You (8 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean and Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (+8) tying for the biggest jump this week. What a week for them!

Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (-12) had the biggest drop this week thanks to Forget Me Too taking the biggest jump. But I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience: We finally have a famous YouTuber making his debut on there. But I gotta say, this is actually a decent song. There's nothing really interesting to say about this song. The production here was decent, KSI's vocals were okay, but I'm not really huge on Polo G's first verse. He doesn't sound very good in it. But the best part is YUNGBLUD's part. I think he sounds amazing here. But overall, this is a decent song. Let's see how far this gets.


Ariana Grande - POV: This is the only great debut we have this week. As Positions is losing some airplay on the pop radio charts, we finally picked up a brand new single from her. As far as the song goes, it is definitely amazing. Though not as good as 34 + 35, but it's still amazing. The production was absolutely amazing, Ariana's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus is definitely what I stand for. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: I actually thought that it was actually going to leave the Top 5 this week. But again, I'm still fine with this song still in there.

4. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First: I'm still waiting for this song to get in the Top 3. But I'm actually not sure if it's actually going to be in there, but we're gonna have to see.

3. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: I really don't want this song to drop. I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But hopefully it'll be in there very soon.

2. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: It looks like this song is going to come back to the top spot. But I actually don't think it's going to be back in there.

1. Taylor Swift - Willow: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm super glad that it's still in there. But yeah, I'm sure this is going to stay in there for a while, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Addison Rae - Obsessed

2. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (DEBUT)

3. Taylor Swift/Maren Morris - You All Over Me (DEBUT)

4. Cardi B. - Up (DEBUT)

5. Tate McRae - Slower

6. All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime (DEBUT)

7. Clinton Kane - Chicken Tendies

8. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)

9. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

10. Sara Kays - Remember That Night

11. Tiesto - The Business

12. Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil (DEBUT)

13. Annika Wells - Fuck Being Sober

14. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone

15. Tones And I - Fly Away (RE-ENTRY)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name): This is just another decent song. Although this is a little bit of a step up from Holiday, but it's still decent. The production here was actually super amazing, but again I do not like Lil Nas X's vocals. He still sounds so bad. But other than that, I think the lyrics were very nicely-written and I think the chorus is decent. So yeah, overall this is another decent song. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Taylor Swift/Maren Morris - You All Over Me: Since Willow hit the top spot on the countdown, this song has now made it's debut on there. Now, this is definitely an amazing song. Though definitely not as good as Willow, but it's still amazing. The production here was absolutely amazing, Taylor's vocals were definitely amazing, the lyrics were absolutely the phenomenal, and I really love how she and Maren both sing together in the chorus. So yeah, another amazing song for me. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown very soon.


Cardi B. - Up: Oh no... she's made her return on there! You know she really has been such an extremely terrible rapper. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this one back when it debuted the AT40 a few weeks ago. The production is so bland, Cardi's rapping is extremely horrible, and the chorus was so boring. Though I don't mind the lyrics. I think they're still nicely-written. But overall, this is an extremely bad song. Hopefully it won't be on the countdown.


All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime: Since Monsters is on it's way out of here, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely amazing. Though definitely not as good as Monsters, but it's still amazing. The production was amazing, the vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were so amazing, the chorus was super amazing, everything on this song was amazing. I'm sure this song is going to debut the countdown when Monsters leaves there. Let's see if it'll be in there soon.


Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from I Love Me. As for my opinion, the production here is so phenomenal, Demi's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very interesting, and that chorus is super phenomenal. But I do have a feeling that this song might be replaced with Met Him Last Night next week, but I'm sure hoping it'll be on the countdown soon.


Tones And I - Fly Away: I'm fine with this song being back on there. But I'm not sure if it'll be back on the countdown though. But if it does, I'll still give credit to it. Let's see if it'll happen.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On

29. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. The Kid Laroi - Without You

27. KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience

26. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

25. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Justin Bieber - Anyone

23. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late

22. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

21. Ariana Grande - POV

20. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart

19. Taylor Swift - Willow

18. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

17. Conan Gray - Overdrive

16. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

15. Dua Lipa - We're Good

14. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

13. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

12. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time

11. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

10. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

9. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

8. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

7. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness

6. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too

5. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters

4. Glass Animals - Heat Waves

3. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes

TIE: 1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 134/150 = 89.3% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023