Taylor Swift (3) Week Of April 10, 2021

The countdown actually looks super amazing this week. We have yet another heavenly debut this week which of course I'll get to later on in this post. But we also got rid of my top song of last year, and of course that will forever be missed. But since it's already a new year, we still have plenty of time to find more songs that are going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On

Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Willow

The Countdown:

#30. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (DEBUT)

#29. Sara Kays - Remember That Night (DEBUT)

#28. KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience (#30)

#27. All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime (DEBUT)

#26. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late (#28)

#25. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#25)

#24. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time (#26)

#23. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#20)

#22. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (DEBUT)

#21. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty (#13)

#20. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#21)

#19. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me (#24)

#18. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#23)

#17. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#16)

#16. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#17)

#15. AJR - Way Less Sad (#14)

#14. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#7)

#13. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#19)

#12. Ariana Grande - POV (#18)

#11. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#3)

#10. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#4)

#9. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#11)

#8. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#10)

#7. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart (#12)

#6. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (#9)

#5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#2)

#4. Conan Gray - Overdrive (#8)

#3. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#5)

#2. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness (#6)

#1. Taylor Swift - Willow (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Adore You (9 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with The Kid Laroi - Without You taking the biggest jump this week. But what's also tied for the biggest jump this week was Ariana Grande - POV (+6), which I'm super glad to see.

Jessia - I'm Not Pretty and The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (-8) do not deserve to have the biggest drops this week! Though I do have a feeling this might be the end of the first one, but I'm sure hoping the second one should jump back up very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone: Really Hits 1???!!! Do we really need another terrible rap song to be on there? I really have no idea why we have this, but my gosh this song is extremely grating. There's absolutely nothing here great to say about it. The production here is so grating, Lil Tjay's vocals were extremely grating, 6lack's vocals in his verse were absolutely grating, those lyrics were a huge mess, and the chorus was super grating. This is definitely going to be in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully this doesn't do well on there.


Sara Kays - Remember That Night: The best countdown debut this week. She has finally made her first countdown appearance this week. And I've found her yet to be another extremely talented singer. As far as the song goes, it is definitely heavenly. The production here was phenomenal, Sara's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was so heavenly. This is going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. I'm sure hoping it'll do amazing on there.


All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime: I was actually expecting this song to debut on there when Monsters has left the countdown this week. And now, they have replaced themselves on there. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. Though definitely not as good as Monsters, but it's still amazing. The production here is amazing, the vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were so amazing, the chorus was super amazing, everything on this song was amazing. Hopefully this one does well on there.


Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name): This is just another decent song. Although this song is actually a little bit of a step up from Holiday, but it is still decent. Though the production here was actually super amazing, but Lil Nas X's vocals still sounds so bad. But other than that, the chorus here was decent, but I think the lyrics were still very nicely-written. But this is another decent song overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: I didn't actually expect this song to leave the Top 3 this week. But down it goes. But I do have a feeling that this might be out of here sometime soon.

4. Conan Gray - Overdrive: I'm super glad to see this song debuting the Top 5. Now, I'm sure hoping that this should be in the Top 3 very soon.

3. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: Woah, I didn't think it was actually going to come back to the Top 3. But I'm fine with that. But again I'm not sure if it's actually going to be at the top spot.

2. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness: It's almost at the top spot! Now, I'm sure it'll be at the top spot next week. Let's see if I'm right.

1. Taylor Swift - Willow: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm super glad that it's still in there, but I'm sure there's another song that's most likely going to be at the top spot next week. But let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande - Met Him Last Night (DEBUT)

2. Mooski - Track Star (DEBUT)

3. Imagine Dragons - Follow You (RE-ENTRY)

4. Mimi Webb - Good Without (DEBUT)

5. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (DEBUT)

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (DEBUT)

7. Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine (DEBUT)

8. Tiesto - The Business

9. Cardi B. - Up

10. Tones And I - Fly Away

11. Clinton Kane - Chicken Tendies

12. Addison Rae - Obsessed

13. Annika Wells - Fuck Being Sober

14. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)

15. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande - Met Him Last Night: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I was actually expecting this song to replace Dancing With The Devil on there, because I feel like this is a much better song. As far as this song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from Dancing With The Devil. The production is super phenomenal, Demi's vocals were so phenomenal, Ariana's vocals were pretty heavenly in her contribution, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal, and that chorus was super heavenly. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Mooski - Track Star: This is just another mediocre song. There's really nothing here that's interesting to say about this song. And it is yet another trap song, which isn't very good for me. As for my opinion, the production here doesn't sound good, though his vocals were decent and I think the chorus sounded okay. Although I don't mind those lyrics. I think they're still solid. But overall, this is a mediocre song. I'll be okay if it debuts the countdown soon. Let's see if it does.


Imagine Dragons - Follow You: I'm so pleased to see it back on there. Now, I'm sure hoping that this should have a second chance to make the countdown.


Mimi Webb - Good Without: After hearing this song for the first time, I've actually found her yet to be another talented singer. And now, there she is making her debut on there. As far as the song goes, it is definitely amazing. The production here was so amazing, Mimi's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus is definitely what I stand for. I'm sure hoping that this should be on the countdown very soon.


Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary: We've finally picked up a solo single from him. Now, I know he had like 20 seconds on Peaches, and I really love his voice in it. And now, here he is with his first song debuting on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing. The production here is so outstanding, Giveon's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were very interesting, and I fell in love with the chorus. I'm sure hoping that this should debut the countdown sometime soon.


Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu: Since Driver's License hit #1 on the countdown, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as this new song goes, it is definitely another phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Driver's License. The production is so amazing, Olivia's vocals were very phenomenal, those lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully it'll debut the countdown within the next week or so.


Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine: She replaced herself this week. I actually didn't expect that to happen, but I'm actually not too thrilled about You All Over Me failing to be on the countdown. But this new song was actually another amazing song. Though definitely not as good as You All Over Me, but it's still amazing. The production here is super outstanding, Taylor's vocals shine throughout the entire song, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully this should debut the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone

29. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

27. The Kid Laroi - Without You

26. KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience

25. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

24. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

23. Justin Bieber - Anyone

22. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late

21. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

20. Ariana Grande - POV

19. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart

18. Taylor Swift - Willow

17. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

16. Conan Gray - Overdrive

15. All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime

14. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

13. Dua Lipa - We're Good

12. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

11. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time

10. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

8. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

7. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness

6. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too

5. Glass Animals - Heat Waves

4. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Sara Kays - Remember That Night

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes

TIE: 1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 133/150 = 88.6% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023