AT40: Olivia Rodrigo (5) Week Of April 17, 2021

The countdown actually looks so interesting this week, although we did get rid of my #1 song of last year, which of course it will forever be missed. But other than that, we do have some more great debuts this week which I'm definitely going to get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters

Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

The Countdown:

#40. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#40)

#39. Taylor Swift - Willow (#19)

#38. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#39)

#37. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#36)

#36. AJR - Way Less Sad (#37)

#35. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#32)

#34. SZA - Good Days (#35)

#33. AJR - Bang! (#30)

#32. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#33)

#31. Tiesto - The Business (#31)

#30. Daya - Bad Girl (#34)

#29. Ariana Grande - POV (DEBUT)

#28. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#27)

#27. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira - Girl Like Me (#26)

#26. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (DEBUT)

#25. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#24)

#24. Cardi B. - Up (#28)

#23. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#29)

#22. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#21)

#21. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#22)

#20. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#23)

#19. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti (#20)

#18. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#18)

#17. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#17)

#16. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#16)

#15. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#14)

#14. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#13)

#13. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#15)

#12. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#11)

#11. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#12)

#10. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#8)

#9. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#9)

#8. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#10)

#7. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#4)

#6. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#7)

#5. Ariana Grande - Positions (#5)

#4. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#6)

#3. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#3)

#2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Adore You (1 of 2 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad about Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (+6) managing to take the biggest jump this week. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about that massive biggest drop from Taylor Swift - Willow (-20) this week. This does not deserve to have that, but I'm sure this is definitely going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ariana Grande - POV: This song is now joining Positions and 34 + 35 on there. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely amazing. But not as good as 34 + 35, but it's still amazing. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this song a couple weeks ago when it debuted the countdown. The production was absolutely amazing, Ariana's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus is definitely what I stand for. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches: The best debut this week. This is also another amazing song and it's definitely a step up from Anyone. The production here was absolutely amazing, Justin's vocals were super amazing, Daniel's vocals were super outstanding in his contribution, the chorus was so amazing, and Giveon's vocals in his verse were super amazing. I'm sure this is definitely going to be a hit on there. Hopefully it'll happen.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - Positions: Wow, how is this song still in there? But I'm sure this is definitely going to be out of here next week because we have a new single from her.

4. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see it in there. This is now her first Top 5 song on there. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

3. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On: How is it still in the Top 3?! Again, we don't want this song in there. This seriously needs to leave here. Hopefully next week it'll be out of here.

2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: Huh, I actually thought that it was going to be in the top spot. But again, I'm okay with this song still at that spot. But I'm sure this might be in there next week. And if it does, I'm still giving credit to it.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Gosh, how is her career starting to go strong? Although another song might hit the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil

Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

G-Eazy/Chris Brown/Mark Morrison - Provide

Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover

Lauv - I Like Me Better

Jonas Brothers - Only Human

Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

Zara Larsson/Young Thug - Talk About Love

Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

LOONA - Star

The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

Sabrina Carpenter - Skin

DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm The One

Twenty One Pilots - Heathens


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On

19. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

18. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

17. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

16. The Kid Laroi - Without You

15. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

14. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

13. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

12. Justin Bieber - Anyone

11. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

10. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

9. Dua Lipa - We're Good

8. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

7. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

5. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

4. Ariana Grande - Positions

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves

2. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 78/100 = 78% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023