Taylor Swift (4) Week Of April 17, 2021

So I don't know if you guys have ever know this, but I have now reached over 100,000 pageviews on my blog!!! I'm super duper happy about that. I really would like to thank everyone for reading my posts. I will do a very special post coming out very soon. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks pretty good, though we did get rid of 2 songs that were in my Top 10 Songs of the year, which was sad. But we do have some interesting debuts this week. I'll get to those later on in this post. But for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ava Max - My Head And My Heart

Justin Bieber - Anyone

Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love [DTHNOBx2]

Sara Kays - Remember That Night


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Willow

The Countdown:

#30. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (#30)

#29. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away (DEBUT)

#28. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late (#26)

#27. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (DEBUT)

#26. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty (#21)

#25. KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience (#28)

#24. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#25)

#23. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time (#24)

#22. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (DEBUT)

#21. All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime (#27)

#20. Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine (DEBUT)

#19. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#23)

#18. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#20)

#17. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me (#19)

#16. Ariana Grande - POV (#12)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#13)

#14. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#16)

#13. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#17)

#12. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#3)

#11. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#22)

#10. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#10)

#9. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#11)

#8. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart (#7)

#7. AJR - Way Less Sad (#15)

#6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#5)

#5. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (#6)

#4. Conan Gray - Overdrive (#4)

#3. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#14)

#2. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness (#2)

#1. Taylor Swift - Willow (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Adore You (10th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Dua Lipa - We're Good in the Top 3. But what's also tied for the biggest jump this week was Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (+11), which I'm actually okay with.

I thought somehow that Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (-9) was going to have the biggest drop this week. But I'm sure this might come back up, but we don't know yet for sure.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away: This is absolutely another amazing song. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. Though this wasn't as good as Level Of Concern, but it's still amazing. The production here was absolutely amazing, Tyler's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Hopefully this one should do better on there than the Alt-18.


Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: The best countdown debut this week. This was absolutely a much better song than Say So and Like That. This is absolutely a phenomenal song. The production here was super phenomenal, Doja's vocals were pretty amazing, SZA's vocals were absolutely phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and I really fell in love with that chorus. Hopefully it'll become a hit on there.


Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu: This song has now officially joined Driver's License on there. Now, this is absolutely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from Driver's License. For my opinion, the production is so amazing, Olivia's vocals were very phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully it'll become a huge hit on there.


Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine: Because of how well Willow was doing on there, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as this new song goes, it is also another amazing song. Though not as good as You All Over Me, but it's still amazing. The production here is super outstanding, Taylor's vocals really shine throughout the entire song, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm super pleased to see this song on there. Also, this is actually going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 very soon.

4. Conan Gray - Overdrive: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. But I'm sure hoping that next week it should be in there.

3. Dua Lipa - We're Good: It also debuted the Top 5 this week as it went straight into the Top 3. I'm so pleased to see it in there. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

2. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness: What the... I thought this song was going to be at the top spot. But hopefully next week it should be on there. We know it's because of him, so yeah I'm sure hoping that next week it'll be in there.

1. Taylor Swift - Willow: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Though I do know this song has been starting to lose airplay on the pop radio charts. But I'm pleased that it's still in there. Though I'm sure another song is probably going to be at the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)

2. Surfaces - Wave Of You (DEBUT)

3. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

4. Demi Lovato/Ariana Grande - Met Him Last Night

5. Cardi B. - Up

6. Imagine Dragons - Follow You

7. Mimi Webb - Good Without

8. Mooski - Track Star

9. Justin Bieber - Hold On (DEBUT)

10. AJ Mitchell - Stop (DEBUT)

11. Clinton Kane - Chicken Tendies

12. Addison Rae - Obsessed

13. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary

14. Sara Kays - Remember That Night (RE-ENTRY)

15. Tiesto - The Business


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Surfaces - Wave Of You: This is actually way better than Sunday Best, but it's still not great. This is actually a decent song. As for my opinion, I'm not really huge on the production here, but the vocals actually sound a little better. And I think the lyrics were still very interesting. But other than that, the chorus here was decent. So yeah, overall this is a decent song. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Justin Bieber - Hold On: This is definitely another amazing song. Though definitely not as good as Peaches, but it's still amazing. Now, I've gone through this song last week back when it debuted the AT40. For my opinion, the production and the bear here are super outstanding, Justin's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so remarkable, and the chorus was absolutely amazing. I'm sure this is going to debut the countdown when Peaches does well on there. Let's see if it'll happen.


AJ Mitchell - Stop: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Slow Dance, but it's still phenomenal. The production was super amazing, AJ's vocals were absolutely phenomenal, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. I'm sure hoping that this should be on the countdown soon since Slow Dance failed to do it last year.


Sara Kays - Remember That Night: WHY WOULD WE LET THIS SONG BE BACK ON THERE?????!!!!! This really does not deserve to be back on there. This deserves to be back on the countdown!!! But I'm not sure if it's actually going to be back on the countdown though. But I'm sure hoping that it'll be back on there soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone

29. Lil Huddy - The Eulogy Of You And Me


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

27. The Kid Laroi - Without You

26. KSI/YUNGBLUD/Polo G - Patience

25. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Cash Cash/Wiz Khalifa/Lukas Graham - Too Late

23. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

22. Ariana Grande - POV

21. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart

20. Taylor Swift - Willow

19. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away

18. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

17. Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine

16. Conan Gray - Overdrive

15. All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime

14. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

13. Dua Lipa - We're Good

12. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

11. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time

10. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

8. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

6. Harry Styles - Treat People With Kindness

5. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

4. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes

TIE: 1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 135/150 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023