AT40: Billie Eilish (2) Week Of May 1, 2021

So we are now officially in the month of May. Gosh, time has been flying by so fast. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks pretty good, but we do have some good debuts this week. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Black Eyed Peas/Shakira - Girl Like Me

Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope


Last Week's #1 Song: Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

The Countdown:

#40. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (DEBUT)

#39. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#38)

#38. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (#39)

#37. AJR - Bang! (#36)

#36. SZA - Good Days (#35)

#35. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#33)

#34. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#37)

#33. AJR - Way Less Sad (#34)

#32. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti (#21)

#31. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#28)

#30. Tiesto - The Business (#31)

#29. Daya - Bad Girl (#30)

#28. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#29)

#27. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (DEBUT)

#26. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#25)

#25. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#32)

#24. Ariana Grande - POV (#27)

#23. Cardi B. - Up (#24)

#22. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#11)

#21. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#22)

#20. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#18)

#19. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#17)

#18. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#23)

#17. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#20)

#16. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#15)

#15. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#12)

#14. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#16)

#13. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#14)

#12. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#13)

#11. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#19)

#10. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#10)

#9. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#9)

#8. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#5)

#7. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#8)

#6. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#7)

#5. Ariana Grande - Positions (#6)

#4. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#4)

#3. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#2)

#2. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#3)

#1. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (1 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (+8) taking the biggest jump. Now, I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 10 next week.

I'm super pleased that Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti taking the biggest drop this week. This really deserves it! But what's also tied for the biggest drop this week is Justin Bieber - Anyone (-11) as it drops all the way out of the Top 20, which I'm not that thrilled to see.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name): This is just another decent song. But it's actually a little bit of a step up from Holiday, but it's still decent. Though the production here actually sounded super amazing here, but I still don't like Lil Nas X's vocals. I don't think he still sounds good here. But the lyrics are still very nicely-written and the chorus here was decent. But yeah, this is a decent song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: This is the only great debut we have this week. As for this song, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Like That. With my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Doja's vocals were pretty amazing, SZA's vocals were absolutely phenomenal in her contribution, those lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was definitely what I fell in love with and is so heavenly. Hopefully this should become a big hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - Positions: Wow, I didn't actually expect this song to be back in the Top 5 but I'm super pleased to see it back in there. However, this might leave here next week though.

4. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. But maybe it might go in there very soon. Let's see if it'll happen.

3. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: Well, it's almost out of the Top 3, but I do have a feeling that this is probably going to hang around in the Top 5 for a little while longer.

2. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: It's almost at the top spot! Now, I'm really hoping that this should be in the top spot within the next week or so. Let's hope this should happen.

1. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm fine with this song still at that spot, but I actually prefer a different song to be in there. But let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

18. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

17. The Kid Laroi - Without You

16. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

15. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

14. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

13. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

12. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

11. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

10. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

9. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

8. Dua Lipa - We're Good

7. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

6. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

4. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 81/100 = 81% (B-) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023