AT40: Tate McRae (1) Week Of May 8, 2021

It sure has been another interesting week this week on there. We have yet another brand new #1 song on there, which again was nice to see. But we do have a mixture of good and bad things that were happening on here this week. I'll get to all of those later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Justin Bieber - Anyone

Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti


Last Week's #1 Song: Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

The Countdown:

#40. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#39)

#39. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (DEBUT)

#38. AJR - Bang! (#37)

#37. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (#38)

#36. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#35)

#35. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#40)

#34. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (DEBUT)

#33. SZA - Good Days (#36)

#32. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#31)

#31. AJR - Way Less Sad (#33)

#30. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#19)

#29. Tiesto - The Business (#30)

#28. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#28)

#27. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#26)

#26. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#27)

#25. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#34)

#24. Daya - Bad Girl (#29)

#23. Cardi B. - Up (#23)

#22. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#20)

#21. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#25)

#20. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#21)

#19. Ariana Grande - POV (#24)

#18. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#18)

#17. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#15)

#16. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#17)

#15. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#16)

#14. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#14)

#13. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#13)

#12. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#12)

#11. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#11)

#10. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#10)

#9. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#8)

#8. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#9)

#7. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#6)

#6. Ariana Grande - Positions (#5)

#5. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#7)

#4. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#3)

#3. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#2)

#2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#1)

#1. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#4) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (2 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad to see Justin Bieber - Hold On (+9) taking the biggest jump into the Top 30. Now I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 20 very soon. Hopefully it'll happen.

I'm not too thrilled about Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (-11) taking the biggest drop. This really does not deserve to have it! But I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song was absolutely garbage. There's absolutely nothing great about this song. The production is so awful, Lil Tjay's vocals were egregious, 6lack's vocals in his verse were absolutely grating, those lyrics were a huge mess, and that chorus was super generic. This is definitely going to end up in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year. This better not do well on here. NEXT!


Duncan Laurence - Arcade: This is the only great debut we have this week. And he has made his first appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Duncan's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was super amazing. Hopefully it'll become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35: I'm glad to see this song back in the Top 5. I actually didn't think it was going to be back in there, but it did. But I'm sure this is going to be out of here again next week.

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: It dropped out of the Top 3, but I'm sure this is going to hang around in the Top 5 for a little bit longer.

3. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: No, I'd like to see this song at the top spot and not let it drop out of the Top 3. But I'm sure this is going to be in the top spot sometime soon.

2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: It dropped out of the top spot. But it sure did had a nice run in there. Although this might drop out of the Top 3 very soon.

1. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First: I'm so glad to see this song at the top spot. This is now her first #1 song on there, so that's an amazing start in her career. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

18. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

17. The Kid Laroi - Without You

16. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

15. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

14. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

12. Ariana Grande - POV

11. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

10. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

9. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

8. Dua Lipa - We're Good

7. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

6. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

4. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B-) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023