AT40: The Weeknd (1) Week Of May 15, 2021

It sure has been another interesting week on there. We have yet another brand new #1 song on here. Gosh, that was a lot of weeks this year that we ever have a brand new song to hit the top spot. But I'll get to that one later on in this post, but for now, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Daya - Bad Girl


Last Week's #1 Song: Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

The Countdown:

#40. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#40)

#39. AJR - Bang! (#38)

#38. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (DEBUT)

#37. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#36)

#36. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (#39)

#35. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (#37)

#34. SZA - Good Days (#33)

#33. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#34)

#32. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#32)

#31. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#30)

#30. AJR - Way Less Sad (#31)

#29. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#27)

#28. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#28)

#27. Tiesto - The Business (#29)

#26. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#35)

#25. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#22)

#24. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#25)

#23. Cardi B. - Up (#23)

#22. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#26)

#21. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#17)

#20. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#20)

#19. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#21)

#18. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#18)

#17. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#9)

#16. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#16)

#15. Ariana Grande - POV (#19)

#14. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#15)

#13. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#14)

#12. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#13)

#11. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#8)

#10. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#12)

#9. Ariana Grande - Positions (#6)

#8. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#10)

#7. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#5)

#6. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#2)

#5. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#7)

#4. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#4)

#3. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#11)

#2. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#1)

#1. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (1st and only week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (+9) taking the biggest jump to the Top 30. I'm definitely still giving credit to that.

I'm super pleased to see Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (-8) taking the biggest drop this week as it drops out of the Top 10. This really deserves it! Now, this needs to be out of the Top 20 very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Kali Uchis - Telepatia: This is just a decent song. There's nothing here that's interesting to say about this song. And I've noticed that this song has been on the Hot 100 for a while, which was very interesting. As for my opinion though, the production was decent, Kali's vocals were decent, the lyrics were decent, the chorus was decent, everything here is decent. So yeah, it's decent overall. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see it in there. But I'm not sure if it's actually going to be in the Top 3, but we're gonna have to see.

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: I actually thought that this was actually going to drop. But thank goodness it did not. But yeah, I'm sure this should hang around in the Top 5 for a little bit longer.

3. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches: It also debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm super glad to see it in the Top 3 though. Now, I'm sure this is going to be at the top spot sometime soon. Hopefully it'll happen within the next week or so.

2. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First: It dropped out of the top spot. But it did had a nice time in there last week. But I'm sure this should start dropping very soon.

1. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. That was definitely an amazing thing for me. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

18. The Kid Laroi - Without You

17. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

16. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

15. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

13. Ariana Grande - POV

12. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

11. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

10. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

9. Dua Lipa - We're Good

8. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

7. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

5. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023