AT40: The Weeknd (2) Week Of May 22, 2021

The countdown actually still looks good, although we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my Top 10 Songs of this year and a song that was in my Top 10 Songs of last year, and of course they will forever be missed. But other than that, everything else looks pretty good! So for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ava Max - My Head And My Heart

Ava Max - Kings & Queens


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

The Countdown:

#40. AJR - Bang! (#39)

#39. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (DEBUT)

#38. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#37)

#37. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (#36)

#36. SZA - Good Days (#34)

#35. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#32)

#34. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (#35)

#33. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#33)

#32. Billie Eilish - Your Power (DEBUT)

#31. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#29)

#30. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#38)

#29. AJR - Way Less Sad (#30)

#28. Tiesto - The Business (#27)

#27. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#25)

#26. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#28)

#25. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#21)

#24. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#24)

#23. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#26)

#22. Cardi B. - Up (#23)

#21. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#20)

#20. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#22)

#19. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#17)

#18. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#19)

#17. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#18)

#16. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#16)

#15. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#11)

#14. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#14)

#13. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#13)

#12. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#12)

#11. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#6)

#10. Ariana Grande - POV (#15)

#9. Ariana Grande - Positions (#9)

#8. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#7)

#7. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#2)

#6. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#10)

#5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#4)

#4. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#8)

#3. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#5)

#2. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#3)

#1. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Doja Cat - Say So (1 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Kali Uchis - Telepatia (+8) taking the biggest jump into the Top 30. I'll definitely still give credit to that. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am and Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (-5) were both tied for the biggest drop this week. I'm actually okay with the first one, but I'm actually not that happy for the other one. But I feel like this might be the end of them.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary: This was actually the first single off of him. I know he has like 20 seconds of his vocals on Peaches, and I actually really love his voice on it. And now, here he is with the start of his career of making his own music. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing. With my opinion, the production is so outstanding, Giveon's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and I fell in love with that chorus. Hopefully it'll become a big hit on there.


Billie Eilish - Your Power: This is definitely another decent song. Wow, she really has been making some decent songs lately. Mainly it's because of her voice, that was my issue. Anyway, there's pretty much nothing here that's interesting to say about this one. Though the production here sounded solid, but I'm still not really huge on Billie's vocals. I don't really like when she sings in her deep and raspy tone just like in her other songs. But the lyrics are what I don't mind here and I think the chorus was decent. But yeah, it's a decent song for me overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: I actually didn't think that it was actually going to drop, but I do have a feeling that this might be out of here sometime soon.

4. The Kid Laroi - Without You: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually okay with that, because it's a decent song. But if this song goes to the Top 3 very soon, I'll still give credit to it.

3. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 3. Now, he does have a #1 song on here. Can this song do the same? We're going to have to find out.

2. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches: It's almost at the top spot. I'm sure this is going to be at the top spot within the next week or so. Hopefully I'm right.

1. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. But I'm sure another song might take over this spot, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

18. The Kid Laroi - Without You

17. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

16. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

15. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

13. Ariana Grande - POV

12. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

11. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

10. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

9. Dua Lipa - We're Good

8. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

7. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

5. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

3. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

2. Ariana Grande - Positions


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023