AT40: Justin Bieber (1) Week Of May 29, 2021

So I really hope everyone's been having a great Memorial Day. I sure did had an amazing one, because I had an amazing cookout that day. Also, I'm almost at the end of my high school career. I'm super excited to graduate and then head to college next school year. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it looks super interesting. We have another brand new #1 song on here, which was amazing. I'll get to that later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Tiesto - The Business

SZA - Good Days


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

The Countdown:

#40. AJR - Bang! (#40)

#39. Jessia - I'm Not Pretty (DEBUT)

#38. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (#39)

#37. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#38)

#36. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (#37)

#35. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (#34)

#34. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (DEBUT)

#33. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#33)

#32. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#31)

#31. Billie Eilish - Your Power (#32)

#30. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#30)

#29. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#26)

#28. AJR - Way Less Sad (#29)

#27. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#25)

#26. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#30)

#25. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#35)

#24. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#15)

#23. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#24)

#22. Cardi B. - Up (#22)

#21. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#23)

#20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#19)

#19. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#21)

#18. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#20)

#17. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#7)

#16. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#18)

#15. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#17)

#14. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#11)

#13. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#13)

#12. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#16)

#11. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#14)

#10. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#12)

#9. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#8)

#8. Ariana Grande - Positions (#9)

#7. Ariana Grande - POV (#10)

#6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#5)

#5. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#6)

#4. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#3)

#3. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#4)

#2. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#1)

#1. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year  Ago:


Doja Cat - Say So (2 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Wow, I did not expect Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (+10) to have the biggest jump this week and now it's making it's comeback. But I do have a feeling that this might come back to the Top 20 sometime soon.

Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (-10) is now about to be out of here. Although I wasn't too thrilled about this song having the biggest drop this week, it's still going to be on it's way out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Jessia - I'm Not Pretty: The best debut this week. She was actually the One To Watch a few months ago. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely an amazing song. The production here was so amazing, her vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was so phenomenal. And there was also the Bebe Rexha remix of this song, and that version was actually on the same level as the original one. But I really have no idea why this countdown won't play the remix version of any song. But they're still amazing. Anyway, now let's see how far this one gets.


Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You: This is also another amazing song and this was definitely a step up from Ride It. As for my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Regard's vocals were so much better than in Ride It, Troye's vocals in his contribution were so amazing, and Tate's vocals in the last verse were so phenomenal. And other than that, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see it in there. This is also their first Top 5 hit (but not Bruno's) on there. Now let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend: I didn't really want this song to be out of the Top 3. But I do have a bad feeling that it might start dropping very soon.

3. The Kid Laroi - Without You: I'm okay with this song in the Top 3. However, if this song goes to the top spot very soon, I'll still give credit to that. Let's see if it'll be in there soon.

2. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: It dropped out of the top spot. But it did had a pretty nice run in there for a couple weeks. But I'm sure this is going to start dropping very soon.

1. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches: I'm super glad to see this song at the top spot. Gosh, this guy is on fire on this countdown. He really has been having a lot of #1 songs on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

18. The Kid Laroi - Without You

17. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

16. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

15. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

14. Ariana Grande - POV

13. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

12. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

11. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

10. Dua Lipa - We're Good

9. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

8. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

6. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023