AT40: Justin Bieber (2) Week Of June 5, 2021

So now I'm done with school early because of senior exams. And my graduation ceremony is going to be on Tuesday. I really can't wait for that! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it actually looks so interesting. We do have some interesting debuts this week, which we know I'll get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

Jessia - I'm Not Pretty

AJR - Bang!


Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

The Countdown:

#40. Riton & Nightcrawlers/Mufasa/Hypeman - Friday (DEBUT)

#39. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die (DEBUT)

#38. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#37)

#37. Sofia Carson - Fool's Gold (DEBUT)

#36. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (#38)

#35. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (#36)

#34. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#30)

#33. Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice (#35)

#32. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#33)

#31. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#24)

#30. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#34)

#29. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#27)

#28. AJR - Way Less Sad (#28)

#27. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#29)

#26. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#20)

#25. Billie Eilish - Your Power (#31)

#24. Cardi B. - Up (#22)

#23. Justin Bieber - Hold On (#23)

#22. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#26)

#21. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#21)

#20. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#17)

#19. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#19)

#18. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#14)

#17. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#13)

#16. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#16)

#15. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#18)

#14. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#9)

#13. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#15)

#12. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#25)

#11. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#11)

#10. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#10)

#9. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#12)

#8. Ariana Grande - Positions (#8)

#7. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#6)

#6. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#5)

#5. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#4)

#4. Ariana Grande - POV (#7)

#3. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#3)

#2. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#2)

#1. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Doja Cat - Say So (3 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (+13) had the biggest jump this week for the second week in a row. It looks like it might come back to the Top 10 within the next week or so. Hopefully it'll happen.

I'm fine with Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (-7) taking the biggest drop. And now it's out of the Top 30. Although I'm sure this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Riton & Nightcrawlers/Mufasa/Hypeman - Friday: The best debut this week. Wow, we have another new EDM producer making his debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing and fun song. With my opinion, the production here was so fun, the vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was super amazing, and the drop was so phenomenal. And I've noticed that the drop actually follows the sample from Hotel Room Service, which was super interesting. So yeah, this is such a super fun song for me to listen to. Hopefully it'll become a big hit on there.


Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die: This is just a decent song. But I was actually expecting to like this song, but it just didn't work. But it's actually not a bad song, but it's not that great. I know it's because Jxdn's in this one, and he had a Hit Bound dropout called Angels And Demons from last year, and I've hated this song back then. Anyway. Now, on to my opinion. The production here was decent, but Nessa's vocals were actually amazing here and I don't mind the lyrics and the chorus was just fine. But I do not like Jxdn's verse here, he still sounds so bad. But this is a decent song overall for me. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


Sofia Carson - Fool's Gold: She's another artist that has been making music that were associated with Disney musicals and I know that she was on Descendants back then. As far as the song goes, it's such an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Sofia's vocals were so amazing, those lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was absolutely phenomenal. Although I'm not sure if it's actually going to do so well on there, but let's see how far this gets.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend: It looks like this song is about to be out of here. But it did had an amazing time in there. But I'm sure this is going to be out of here next week.

4. Ariana Grande - POV: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see it in there. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 next week. Hopefully I'm right.

3. The Kid Laroi - Without You: Well, at least it didn't move up. But again I'm still going to give credit to this song when it hits the top spot, but I'm not sure if it's actually going to be in there.

2. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: I actually thought that this song is going to start dropping as of right now. But I'm sure this is probably going to start dropping within the next week or so. But I'm glad that it's still at that spot though.

1. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm super glad to see this song still in there. Gosh, they really must've been in love with him on this countdown. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

20. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

19. The Kid Laroi - Without You

18. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

17. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

15. Ariana Grande - POV

14. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

13. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

12. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

11. Dua Lipa - We're Good

10. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

9. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

8. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

7. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

6. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 92/100 = 92% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023