AT40: Justin Bieber (4) Week Of June 19, 2021

So I am now officially on summer break. I'm actually enjoying my first week of summer. I really love doing some fun stuff outside. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks very interesting. Though we do have an interesting Top 5 this week, but I'll get to that later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Justin Bieber - Hold On

Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

Sofia Carson - Fool's Gold


Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

The Countdown:

#40. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#40)

#39. Jackson Wang - LMLY (DEBUT)

#38. Annita - Girl From Rio (DEBUT)

#37. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#36)

#36. Riton & Nightcrawlers/Mufasa/Hypeman - Friday (#39)

#35. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die (#38)

#34. Lil Tjay/6lack - Calling My Phone (#35)

#33. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (DEBUT)

#32. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#29)

#31. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#31)

#30. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (#33)

#29. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#27)

#28. AJR - Way Less Sad (#30)

#27. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#23)

#26. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#28)

#25. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#20)

#24. Cardi B. - Up (#21)

#23. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#25)

#22. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#18)

#21. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (DEBUT)

#20. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#16)

#19. Billie Eilish - Your Power (#22)

#18. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#19)

#17. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#14)

#16. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#17)

#15. BTS - Butter (#26)

#14. Ariana Grande - Positions (#12)

#13. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#13)

#12. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#15)

#11. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#10)

#10. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#11)

#9. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#7)

#8. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#8)

#7. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#9)

#6. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#6)

#5. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#2)

#4. Ariana Grande - POV (#5)

#3. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#4)

#2. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#3)

#1. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Doja Cat - Say So (5th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see BTS - Butter (+11) taking the biggest jump and into the Top 20 this week. I do have a feeling that this might be in the Top 10 very soon. Hopefully it'll be in there.

I'm fine with Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (-5) taking the biggest drop. Though this song is now officially out of the Top 20, so I'll still give credit to that.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Jackson Wang - LMLY: This is just a mediocre song, but this is actually way better than 100 Ways, but it's still not great. As for my opinion, I'm not really huge on the production and I think Jackson's vocals were okay. But I think the lyrics were still very nicely-written and the chorus was okay. But yeah, this is a mediocre song overall. Although I'm not sure if it's going to do so well on here because of him, but let's see how far this should get.


Annita - Girl From Rio: This is absolutely an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was so amazing and I really love the summery vibe with it, Annita's vocals were super amazing, those lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. There was also the DaBaby remix of this song, which was actually on the same level as this version. But yeah, this is absolutely an amazing song overall. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me: This is such an amazing EDM song. But definitely not as good as Be Kind, but it's still amazing. The production was so amazing, the vocals were so amazing, those lyrics were pretty phenomenal, the chorus was super amazing, and the drop was so phenomenal. So yeah, overall it's an amazing EDM song. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: The best debut this week. Now she has 3 songs on there, which was crazy. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a super phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from Deja Vu. The production was so phenomenal, Olivia's vocals were super phenomenal, those lyrics were absolutely phenomenal, and that chorus was so heavenly. And I'm 100% sure this is going to become a hit. Hopefully it'll do absolutely phenomenal on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: I actually figured that it was going to start dropping. But now it's out of the Top 3, and I'm sure this is going to be out of the Top 5 next week.

4. Ariana Grande - POV: I was actually expecting this song to go back up, and it did. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 next week. Hopefully I'm right.

3. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating: I actually knew that it was going to be in the Top 3 this week. And I'm sure this is probably going to end up in the top spot very soon.

2. The Kid Laroi - Without You: Well, it's almost at the top spot. But I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot though. But I'm still going to give credit to it when it does hit the top spot soon. Let's see if it'll be in there soon.

1. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Gosh, this song has really been doing phenomenal on there. But I'm sure another song might hit the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

19. Billie Eilish - Your Power

18. The Kid Laroi - Without You

17. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

16. Kali Uchis - Telepatia


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

15. Ariana Grande - POV

14. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

13. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

12. Dua Lipa - We're Good

11. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

10. BTS - Butter

9. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

8. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

7. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

6. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Total Score: 91/100 = 91% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023