Olivia Rodrigo (1) Week Of June 5, 2021

So we are now in the month of June. And I'm now done with school early because I had senior exams. And I really can't wait for my graduation ceremony on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be a blast! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it really looks phenomenal. There were a lot of amazing stuff that happened on there this week. I'll get to all of those later on, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime

ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time [DTHNOBx2]

The Weeknd/Ariana Grande - Save Your Tears


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

The Countdown:

#30. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die (DEBUT)

#29. Jax - 90's Kids (#30)

#28. Bella Poarch - Build A Bitch (#24)

#27. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#25)

#26. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (DEBUT)

#25. Surfaces - Wave Of You (#21)

#24. BTS - Butter (#28)

#23. Billie Eilish - Your Power (#23)

#22. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#18)

#21. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart (#7)

#20. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#27)

#19. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song (DEBUT)

#18. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away (#17)

#17. Sara Kays - Remember That Night (#14)

#16. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#16)

#15. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#15)

#14. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#20)

#13. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#13)

#12. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#11)

#11. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#12)

#10. Imagine Dragons - Follow You (#9)

#9. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#3)

#8. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (#6)

#7. Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine (#8)

#6. AJR - Way Less Sad (#4)

#5. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#10)

#4. Ariana Grande - POV (#5)

#3. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#1)

#2. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#26) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Niall Horan - No Judgement (1st and only week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Oh my gosh! Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (+25) has had the biggest jump this week all the way to the top spot! And I was actually surprised about that. And the last song that has ever done that was Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People back in 2019. And I'm so pleased that this song has managed to do the same thing.

I'm not too thrilled about Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart (-14) taking the biggest drop. But I do have a feeling that this might be out of here sometime soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die: This is just a decent song. There's nothing much here that's interesting to say about it. Although I was actually expecting to like this song, but unfortunately that did not just work. With my opinion, the production here was decent, but Nessa's vocals were actually amazing here and I don't mind the lyrics and the chorus was just fine. But I do not like Jxdn's verse here. He still sounds so bad in it. But this is a decent song overall. Let's see how far this one gets.


Kali Uchis - Telepatia: This is also a decent song. And I was also expecting to like this one, but no. But this is not a bad song, but it's not that great. There's nothing really interesting to say about this one. And that song has actually been on the Hot 100 for a while, which I've actually noticed. Now, on to my opinion. The production here was decent, Kali's vocals were decent, the lyrics were decent, the chorus was decent, everything on here was decent. Let's see how this one does on there.


Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song: This is the only great debut this week. And she has finally made her return on there! As far as the song goes, it's definitely phenomenal. With my opinion, the production here was so phenomenal, Anne-Marie's vocals were super phenomenal, Niall's vocals were super amazing in his contribution, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal, and that chorus was so heavenly. So yeah, this is definitely a phenomenal song overall for me. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see it in there. Now, I'm sure hoping that this should be in the Top 3 very soon.

4. Ariana Grande - POV: I'm glad to see it move up. Now, I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 very soon. Hopefully I'm right.

3. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really did had a nice time in there last week. But I'm sure this is probably gonna hang around in the Top 5 for a little while longer.

2. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name): I'm fine with this song still at that spot. But I'm not sure if it's actually going to be at the top spot though. Maybe it might be out of the Top 3 sometime soon.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: Thanks to it's biggest jump this week, this song has made it's debut in the Top 5 all the way to the top spot. This actually made my mind explode seeing this and I'm so pleased to see it in there. She has now replaced herself in the top spot. And this song has got to #1 on it's second week on the countdown, which was a new Hits 1 record for the quickest time it has gotten to the top spot that was originally held by Adele - Hello and Jonas Brothers - Sucker, with both songs getting to the top spot on it's third week. Now, I'm sure this song is probably gonna hang around in the top spot for a while. Let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Tesher/Jason Derulo - Jalebi Baby (DEBUT)

2. Lil Nas X - Sun Goes Down (DEBUT)

3. Claire Rosinkranz - Frankenstein (DEBUT)

4. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit

5. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

6. Billie Eilish - Lost Cause (DEBUT)

7. Annita/DaBaby - Girl From Rio

8. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary

9. Coldplay - Higher Power

10. All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime (RE-ENTRY)

11. DJ Khaled/Post Malone/Megan Thee Stallion/Lil Baby/DaBaby - I Did It

12. Dixie D'Amelio - Fuckboy

13. Mimi Webb - Good Without

14. ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time (RE-ENTRY)

15. Tom Grennan - Little Bit Of Love


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Tesher/Jason Derulo - Jalebi Baby: This is just another decent song. There's really nothing here that's interesting to say about this one. Although both Tesher's and Jason's vocals both sound outstanding here, but I'm not really huge on the production and the chorus seems to be a little repetitive. But I don't mind the lyrics here, because I thought that they're still super interesting. But this is a decent song for me overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Lil Nas X - Sun Goes Down: Since Montero (Call Me By Your Name) hit the Top 3 on the countdown, this song has now made it's debut on the countdown. But I gotta say, this is also a decent song. For my opinion, the production here was actually super outstanding, but again I do not like Lil Nas X's vocals. He still does not sound so good here. But the lyrics were fine and the chorus was just decent. I'm sure this is going to debut the countdown when Montero (Call Me By Your Name) hits the top spot very soon. But let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Claire Rosinkranz - Frankenstein: This is the only great debut we have this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. Though not as good as Backyard Boy, but it's still amazing. For my opinion, the production here was super outstanding, Claire's vocals were so amazing, those lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was absolutely amazing. Though I'm not sure if it's actually going to be on the countdown, but let's see if it'll be on there soon.


Billie Eilish - Lost Cause: Wait... we have another new single from her? Well, I'm okay with that because it's also another decent song. Though this is actually a step up from Your Power, but it's still not that great. With my opinion, the production here was so amazing, the lyrics were fine, and I think the chorus was decent. But my main issue is Billie's vocals as we all know. I really don't like her childish voice just like in a lot of her other songs. But yeah, overall this is a decent song. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


All Time Low - Once In A Lifetime: I really have no idea why this song would re-enter Hit Bound. This seriously deserves to be back on the countdown. But hopefully it'll be back on there very soon.


ILLENIUM/Iann Dior - First Time: This song has also re-entered Hit Bound. And this was actually the second time it did that. Although I'm not sure if it's actually going to come back to the countdown, but let's see if it'll happen soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

30. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

29. Billie Eilish - Your Power

28. The Kid Laroi - Without You

27. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

26. Kali Uchis - Telepatia

25. Surfaces - Wave Of You

24. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

23. Ariana Grande - POV

22. Ashe/Finneas - Till Forever Falls Apart

21. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away

20. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You

19. Bella Poarch - Build A Bitch

18. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

17. Jax - 90's Kids

16. Taylor Swift - Mr. Perfectly Fine

15. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

14. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

13. Dua Lipa - We're Good

12. BTS - Butter

11. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

10. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

9. Imagine Dragons - Follow You

8. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song

7. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

5. Glass Animals - Heat Waves

4. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Sara Kays - Remember That Night

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes

TIE: 1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 139/150 = 92.6% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023