Olivia Rodrigo (5) Week Of July 3, 2021

So we are now officially at the halfway point of the year. Gosh, time is flying by so fast. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it looks decent. There's a mixture of good and bad stuff that happened on there. I'll get to all of those later on, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


The Kid Laroi - Without You

Imagine Dragons - Follow You

Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches

Tesher/Jason Derulo - Jalebi Baby

Polo G - Rapstar


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

The Countdown:

#30. Nic D - Fine Apple (DEBUT)

#29. Tate McRae/Khalid - Working (#23)

#28. Justin Wellington/Small Jam - Iko Iko (My Bestie) (DEBUT)

#27. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (DEBUT)

#26. Tones And I - Cloudy Day (#27)

#25. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die (#29)

#24. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (DEBUT)

#23. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#25)

#22. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#11)

#21. Annita/DaBaby - Girl From Rio (DEBUT)

#20. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#24)

#19. Bella Poarch - Build A Bitch (#21)

#18. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#12)

#17. Jax - 90's Kids (#20)

#16. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#19)

#15. Surfaces - Wave Of You (#18)

#14. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#10)

#13. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#22)

#12. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#13)

#11. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#17)

#10. AJR - Way Less Sad (#3)

#9. BTS - Butter (#15)

#8. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#6)

#7. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away (#16)

#6. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#8)

#5. Ariana Grande - POV (#5)

#4. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#4)

#3. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song (#14)

#2. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (2 of 7 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song (+11) taking the biggest jump into the Top 3 this week. And I'm sure this is probably going to hit #1 on there sometime soon. I'll get to more on that later on.

I'm really not too thrilled about Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (-11) managing to take the biggest drop. This does not deserve that! But I do have a feeling that this might be out of here pretty soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Nic D - Fine Apple: This is just a mediocre song. I really have no idea what this song is, but there's really nothing here that's interesting to say about it. Although the production here was decent, but Nic doesn't sound good here and I don't think the lyrics were that interesting. But the chorus here was okay. And that's all I could think of about it. But yeah, this is mediocre overall. Let's see how far this one should get.


Justin Wellington/Small Jam - Iko Iko (My Bestie): This is yet to be another decent song. I don't find this song very interesting. Though the production here actually sounded so great here and the lyrics were still very nicely-written. But I'm not really huge on the vocals here and I think the chorus was just decent. But yeah, this is decent overall. Though I'm sure this is probably going to leave here and then debut on Hit Bound next week. But let's see how this one does on there.


Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right: Last time when they collaborated, they did the remix of In Your Eyes, and that was a remix that I've actually enjoyed back then. Of course Hits 1 didn't actually play that remix, but I still enjoyed it. As far as this new song goes, it's absolutely amazing. But not as good as Kiss Me More, but it's still amazing. The production is so fun, Doja's vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and Abel's vocals were super amazing in the chorus. So yeah, this is such an amazing song overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits: What another amazing song. And this is definitely a step up from Afterglow. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Ed's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so amazing, the chorus was so amazing, everything on this song was so amazing. But yeah, this is such an amazing song overall to listen to. But I do have a feeling that this might also leave here and then debut on Hit Bound next week, but I don't think it's actually going to because it's him. Hopefully it'll become a hit on there.


Annita/DaBaby - Girl From Rio: The best countdown debut this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song. For my opinion, the production was super amazing and I really love the summery vibe that goes with it, Annita's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was super phenomenal, and DaBaby's rapping in his verse was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall. Hopefully it'll do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - POV: Wow, I actually didn't think it was still going to be in the Top 5 this week. But I do have a feeling that this might drop out of here next week.

4. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name): I'm still fine with this song still in there, although I'm sure this is probably going to start dropping very soon.

3. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song: Thanks to it's biggest jump this week, it has made it's debut onto the Top 5 and straight into the Top 3. Again I'm so pleased to see that happen. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

2. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: Though I really have no idea why it's still at this spot, but I'm sure this song might stay at that spot for a while mainly because of what was happening.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Wow, what is going on with this song? It really has been doing super amazing on there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Polo G - Rapstar (RE-ENTRY)

2. Maroon 5 - Lost (DEBUT)

3. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary

4. Tesher/Jason Derulo - Jalebi Baby (RE-ENTRY)

5. Mooski/Chris Brown - Track Star

6. Lorde - Solar Power

7. DJ Khaled/Post Malone/Megan Thee Stallion/Lil Baby/DaBaby - I Did It

8. Coldplay - Higher Power

9. Riton & Nightcrawlers/Mufasa/Hypeman - Friday

10. Willow/Travis Barker - Transparent Soul

11. NF - Just Like You

12. Weezer/AJR - All My Favorite Songs

13. Mimi Webb - Good Without

14. Cheat Codes/Tinashe - Lean On Me (RE-ENTRY)

15. Roddy Ricch - Late At Night


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Polo G - Rapstar: I'm fine with this song being back on there. Though it might come back on the countdown sometime soon. And if it does, I'll still give credit to it. Let's see if I'm right.


Maroon 5 - Lost: This is the only debut we have this week on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Beautiful Mistakes, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Adam's vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were very interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. I'm sure it'll be on the countdown when Beautiful Mistakes leaves. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Tesher/Jason Derulo - Jalebi Baby: I'm also fine with this song being back on there. Although I'm not sure if it's actually going to be back on there, but we're gonna have to see.


Cheat Codes/Tinashe - Lean On Me: It's so nice to see this song back in here. I actually didn't think it was going to be back in there, but it did. Now, let's see if it'll have another chance to be on the countdown.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

30. Nic D - Fine Apple


3 - Decent:

29. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

28. Justin Wellington/Small Jam - Iko Iko (My Bestie)

27. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

26. Tones And I - Cloudy Day

25. Kali Uchis - Telepatia

24. Surfaces - Wave Of You

23. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

22. Ariana Grande - POV

21. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away

20. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You

19. Bella Poarch - Build A Bitch

18. Tate McRae/Khalid - Working

17. Jax - 90's Kids

16. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit

15. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

14. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

13. BTS - Butter

12. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

11. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

10. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

9. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

8. Annita/DaBaby - Girl From Rio

7. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song

6. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

5. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes

TIE: 1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 135/150 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023