Olivia Rodrigo (6) Week Of July 10, 2021

Again I hope everyone had a great 4th Of July on Sunday. I sure did had a fun one, I really thought watching the fireworks was super fun. They really had an amazing show. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it looks okay. Though we did get rid of a song that's going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year, and of course it will forever be missed. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Surfaces - Wave Of You

Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

The Countdown:

#30. Jxdn/Machine Gun Kelly - Wanna Be (DEBUT)

#29. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#27)

#28. Nic D - Fine Apple (#30)

#27. Tones And I - Cloudy Day (#26)

#26. Justin Wellington/Small Jam - Iko Iko (My Bestie) (#28)

#25. Tate McRae/Khalid - Working (#29)

#24. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (DEBUT)

#23. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#23)

#22. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#18)

#21. Annita/DaBaby - Girl From Rio (#21)

#20. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#20)

#19. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#16)

#18. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#24)

#17. Bella Poarch - Build A Bitch (#19)

#16. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die (#25)

#15. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#14)

#14. Jax - 90's Kids (#17)

#13. Ariana Grande - POV (#5)

#12. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#12)

#11. BTS - Butter (#9)

#10. AJR - Way Less Sad (#10)

#9. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song (#3)

#8. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away (#7)

#7. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#8)

#6. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#13)

#5. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#11)

#4. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#4)

#3. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#6)

#2. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#1) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (3 of 7 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Nessa Barrett/Jdxn - La Di Die (+9) taking the biggest jump this week. I'll definitely still give credit to that.

I was actually expecting Ariana Grande - POV (-8) to take the biggest drop. And I actually knew it was going to be out of the Top 5 this week. And I'm sure it's going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Jxdn/Machine Gun Kelly - Wanna Be: So I've noticed that he's the One To Watch for this month, and that is definitely what I'm not okay with. As far as the song goes, it's so horrible. For my opinion, the production here is so bland and annoying, Jxdn's vocals were absolutely horrible, and the chorus was so bad. Though MGK doesn't sound that bad here, so I'll give credit to that. But this is not a good song for me to listen to. Hopefully it doesn't become a hit on there. NEXT!


Duncan Laurence - Arcade: This is the only great debut we have this week. And he has finally made his first countdown appearance this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing. I've gone through my opinion on this one back when it debuted the AT40 a couple months ago. The production was super outstanding, Duncan's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super amazing. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You: This is now his first Top 5 song on there. I'm super glad to see it in there, but I'm not sure if it's going to be in the Top 3. But we're gonna have to see.

4. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name): Again I'm okay with this song still standing at this spot. Though I do have a feeling that this might start getting out of here very soon.

3. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me: It also debuted the Top 5 this week and it went straight into the Top 3. I'm so pleased that it managed to be in there. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

2. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: Yeah, I don't think this song is ever going to hit the top spot. Maybe it might stand at this spot for a little while longer because of what was happening at the top spot or something.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: Holding the top spot for the 6th week in a row. Gosh, this song is on fire on there! I feel like this song is the Adore You of 2021. This only needs 7 more weeks to tie the record. But I'm not sure if it'll do it, but we're gonna have to see. Let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. NF - Just Like You

2. Jxdn/Machine Gun Kelly - Wanna Be (DEBUT*)

3. Roddy Ricch - Late At Night

4. Dua Lipa - Love Again (DEBUT)

5. Post Malone - Motley Crew (DEBUT)

6. Maroon 5 - Lost

7. Trinidad Cardona - Dinero (DEBUT)

8. Willow/Travis Barker - Transparent Soul

9. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary

10. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (DEBUT)

11. Big Red Machine/Taylor Swift - Renegade (DEBUT)

12. Polo G - Rapstar

13. Billie Eilish - NDA (DEBUT)

14. Cheat Codes/Tinashe - Lean On Me

15. Masked Wolf - Say So (DEBUT)

16. Tesher/Jason Derulo - Jalebi Baby


* = Debuted the countdown and Hit Bound at the same time


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Jxdn/Machine Gun Kelly - Wanna Be: Because he's the next One To Watch, this song has made it's debut on the countdown and on here at the same time. I know he does not deserve this, but that's basically how this goes. And I'm sure this is probably going to stay on there for a few more weeks longer because of that.


Dua Lipa - Love Again: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from We're Good. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Dua's vocals were so phenomenal, those lyrics were super nicely-written and they're definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, overall it's an amazing song for me to listen to. Here's to hoping that it should debut the countdown very soon.


Post Malone - Motley Crew: Oh boy... here he is again back with making more music. Can he seriously just  stop? Because I really have had enough of his music. As far as the song goes, it's definitely garbage. With my opinion, the production here is so boring, Post's vocals were so awful, and the chorus was absolutely total garbage. Though I don't mind the lyrics here, because I think they're still great. But this is a horrible song for me overall because you know, it's him. Hopefully it doesn't debut the countdown.


Trinidad Cardona - Dinero: This is yet to be another TikTok song, which was very interesting. But this is a decent song. There really isn't anything here that's interesting to say about it. Though Trinidad's vocals were fine and I think the production here was solid, but it's really forgettable. Maybe the song might grow on me, but we don't know yet for sure. I'll still give credit to this song if it debuts the countdown soon. Let's see if it'll happen soon.


The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: We finally have a much better song from him. And this is also another TikTok song. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing. With my opinion, the production here was so fun, The Kid Laroi's vocals were so much better than in his other songs, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and Justin's vocals in the chorus were so amazing. But yeah, it's such an amazing and fun song overall to listen to. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Big Red Machine/Taylor Swift - Renegade: This group contains of Justin Vernon of Bon Iver and Aaron Dessner of The National, which I've found super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely an amazing song. Although these 2 guys don't have much of a presence on there, because all they really have are backing vocals. But I do love their backing vocals on there and Taylor's vocals were super amazing. And the production was so amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this really feels like a Taylor song and it's actually an amazing song overall. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Billie Eilish - NDA: This is yet to be another decent song. Although this is a little bit of a step up from Your Power, but it's still decent. For my opinion, the production here was decent, Billie's vocals were decent, the lyrics were decent, the chorus was decent, everything here was decent. I do have a feeling that this might debut the countdown within the next week or so. And if it does, I'll still be fine. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown within the next week or so.


Masked Wolf - Say So: This is such another amazing song. Though not as good as Astronaut In The Ocean, but it's still an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was super fun, his vocals were so amazing especially in his rapping, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. But yeah, overall it's such an amazing and fun song for me to listen to. I'm sure it'll be on the countdown when Astronaut In The Ocean leaves. Let's see if I'm right.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Jxdn/Machine Gun Kelly - Wanna Be


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Nic D - Fine Apple


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

27. Justin Wellington/Small Jam - Iko Iko (My Bestie)

26. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

25. Tones And I - Cloudy Day

24. Kali Uchis - Telepatia

23. Nessa Barrett/Jxdn - La Di Die


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

22. Ariana Grande - POV

21. Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away

20. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You

19. Bella Poarch - Build A Bitch

18. Tate McRae/Khalid - Working

17. Duncan Laurence - Arcade

16. Jax - 90's Kids

15. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit

14. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

13. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

12. BTS - Butter

11. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

10. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

8. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

7. Annita/DaBaby - Girl From Rio

6. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song

5. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

3. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 131/150 = 87.3% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023