AT40: The Kid Laroi (3) Week Of October 2, 2021

So we are now officially in the month of October. And now things are starting to get spooky and scary this month. And we are now officially in the last quarter of the year. Gosh, the year has been flying by so fast. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so interesting. We do have more interesting debuts here, and that of course I'll get to later on. But other than that, I really don't have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Bazzi - I Like That

Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend


Last Week's #1 Song: The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

The Countdown:

#40. Ariana Grande - Positions (#39)

#39. BTS - Butter (#37)

#38. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#34)

#37. Silk Sonic - Skate (#17)

#36. Ariana Grande - POV (#32)

#35. Alessia Cara - Sweet Dream (#36)

#34. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#25)

#33. Black Eyed Peas/Saweetie/Lele Pons - Hit It (#35)

#32. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (DEBUT)

#31. WizKid/Tems - Essence (#38)

#30. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#33)

#29. Normani Kordei/Cardi B. - Wild Side (#29)

#28. Dixie D'Amelio/Rubi Rose - Psycho (#30)

#27. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#28)

#26. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#31)

#25. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#23)

#24. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (DEBUT)

#23. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#20)

#22. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God (#27)

#21. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#23)

#20. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#18)

#19. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love (#21)

#18. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet (#15)

#17. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#19)

#16. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#22)

#15. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors (#14)

#14. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (#12)

#13. Maneskin - Beggin (#16)

#12. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#11)

#11. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#13)

#10. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#8)

#9. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#10)

#8. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#9)

#7. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#6)

#6. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#7)

#5. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#4)

#4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#5)

#3. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#2)

#2. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#3)

#1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (8th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


WizKid/Tems - Essence (+7) has been gaining lots of airplay on the pop radio charts as it had the biggest jump this week. I'm so glad to see that. What a week for them!

I'm not too thrilled to see Silk Sonic - Skate (-20) taking a humongous big drop all the way out of the Top 30 from the Top 20 this week. But I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Walker Hayes - Fancy Like: I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. And of course this song is yet to be another TikTok song. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a super fun song. With my opinion, the production was so fun, Walker's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was super fun. But yeah, overall this is such a fun song for me to listen to. And I'm sure this is going to do well on there but I'm not sure if this should do better on here than on the Highway Hot 30, since it has hit the top spot on there. But let's see how far this one should get.


Ed Sheeran - Shivers: The best debut this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from Bad Habits and Visiting Hours. For my opinion, the production was super amazing, Ed's vocals were so phenomenal, those lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was super phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall to listen to. And I'm sure this is going to become a hit on there just like Bad Habits is. Hopefully it'll do phenomenal on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu: Well, it's about to be out of the Top 5. But it sure did had a nice run in there. And I'm sure that next week it'll definitely be out of here.

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: I actually didn't think it was going to move back up. But still I'm sure this is going to be out of here pretty soon.

3. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: I actually didn't think this song is going to start dropping. But I do know this is still going to hang around in the Top 5 for a little while longer.

2. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits: It's almost at the top spot! And I'm sure this is going to be at the top spot very soon because it's him. Hopefully I'm right.

1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm super glad that it's still there, although another song might have a chance to be at the top spot very soon, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

19. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors

17. Maneskin - Beggin

16. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love

15. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

14. Duncan Laurence - Arcade

13. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

12. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary

11. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

10. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

9. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

8. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

6. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

5. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

3. Dua Lipa - Love Again

2. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U


Total Score: 97/100 = 97% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023