AT40: Olivia Rodrigo (7) Week Of September 11, 2021

So I have now officially started my college career. I actually thought I did an amazing job on my first week of college. I have been working so hard on every subject and I thought it was so easy. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks great. There has been a mixture of good and okay stuff that's happening on there. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Billie Eilish - NDA

Pop Smoke/Dua Lipa - Demeanor

Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend

Tate McRae/Khalid - Working


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

The Countdown:

#40. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#40)

#39. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#38)

#38. Alessia Cara - Sweet Dream (DEBUT)

#37. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (DEBUT)

#36. Ariana Grande - Positions (#35)

#35. Dixie D'Amelio/Rubi Rose - Psycho (DEBUT)

#34. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#39)

#33. Normani Kordei/Cardi B. - Wild Side (#37)

#32. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#31)

#31. Maroon 5 - Lost (#34)

#30. Ariana Grande - POV (#29)

#29. Bazzi - I Like That (#30)

#28. Kali Uchis - Telepatia (#13)

#27. Post Malone - Motley Crew (#22)

#26. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love (DEBUT)

#25. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#26)

#24. Maneskin - Beggin (#27)

#23. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#28)

#22. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#20)

#21. BTS - Butter (#10)

#20. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#23)

#19. Silk Sonic - Skate (#21)

#18. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors (#25)

#17. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#14)

#16. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet (#18)

#15. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#19)

#14. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#12)

#13. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#16)

#12. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#11)

#11. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (#15)

#10. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#17)

#9. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#9)

#8. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#8)

#7. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#7)

#6. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#6)

#5. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#4)

#4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#3)

#3. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#5)

#2. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#1) [7th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (5 of 8 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad to see Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors making the Top 20. And what's also tied for the biggest jump is The Weeknd - Take My Breath (+7) as it jumped into the Top 10, and that I was so pleased about.

I'm fine with Kali Uchis - Telepatia (-15) taking a huge big drop. And I'm sure this is going to be out of the Top 30 and it should be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Alessia Cara - Sweet Dream: She has finally made her return on there after 2 years off. Gosh, I've actually been waiting for this to happen. Now, as far as this new song goes, it's absolutely an amazing song and it's definitely a step up from Out Of Love. With my opinion, the production was absolutely amazing, Alessia's vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were absolutely amazing, the chorus was absolutely amazing, everything on this song was absolutely amazing. Though I'm not sure if this should do amazing on there, but let's see how far this one should get.


Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever: She replaces herself this week on there. Now, this is just another decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this one. Though it's definitely not as good as NDA, but it's still decent. For my opinion, the production here was decent, Billie's vocals were decent, and the chorus was okay. But the lyrics here were still super nicely-written, so I'll still give credit to them. But this is a decent song for me overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Dixie D'Amelio/Rubi Rose - Psycho: The best debut this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and this is actually way better than Post Malone's hit song from 2018 with the same title. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Dixie's vocals were so phenomenal, Rubi's vocals were also so phenomenal in her verse, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was definitely what I fell in love with. But again I don't think this should do well on there, but let's see how far this one should get.


Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love: We finally have a new producer making his debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's definitely a step up from Wonder. With my opinion on this one, the production from Tainy was so amazing, Shawn's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was so fun and so phenomenal. Here's to hoping that it should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits: Can we please not let this song drop and be in the Top 3? I know I said that because of him. I'm really hoping this should be in the Top 3 very soon and not be out of the Top 5.

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More: Well, it's finally out of the Top 3. And now this is about to be on it's way out of here. And I'm sure this should be out of the Top 5 pretty soon.

3. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: I'm super glad to see this song in the Top 3. Now, can this be his first #1 song on there? We're gonna have to find out. Hopefully it'll hit the top spot very soon.

2. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu: Yeah, I'm sure this song is probably gonna hang around at this spot for a little bit longer and not hit the top spot. But I do have a feeling that this might be out of the Top 3 soon.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: Holding the top spot for the 7th week in a row. Never in my wildest dreams, how is this song doing in there? This really has been doing so heavenly on there. But I'm sure another song is probably gonna take over the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

19. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors

17. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You

16. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

15. Duncan Laurence - Arcade

14. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

13. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary

12. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

11. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

10. Silk Sonic - Skate

9. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

8. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

6. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

5. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

4. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

3. Dua Lipa - Love Again

2. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 99/100 = 99% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023