Ed Sheeran (5) Week Of September 4, 2021

Once again I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend! I really am having a great one. And I'm also super excited for college on Tuesday. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks pretty interesting. We do have an extremely amazing Top 5 this week, and that of course I'll get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

WizKid/Tems/Justin Bieber - Essence

Normani Kordei/Cardi B. - Wild Side


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

The Countdown:

#30. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God (DEBUT)

#29. Shouse - Love Tonight (#30)

#28. Doja Cat - Need To Know (DEBUT)

#27. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#25)

#26. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors (#20)

#25. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love (#29)

#24. Khalid - New Normal (#24)

#23. Vaultboy - Everything Sucks (#27)

#22. Blackbear - @ My Worst (#22)

#21. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (DEBUT)

#20. Silk Sonic - Skate (#12)

#19. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#19)

#18. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#16)

#17. Conan Gray - People Watching (#21)

#16. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#17)

#15. Maneskin - Beggin (#23)

#14. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet (#10)

#13. Jax - 90's Kids (#15)

#12. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#18)

#11. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#11)

#10. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#14)

#9. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#7)

#8. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#8)

#7. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song (#5)

#6. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#6)

#5. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#9)

#4. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#3)

#3. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#2)

#2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#4)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (3 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Maneskin - Beggin (+8) taking the biggest jump into the Top 15. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 soon. What a week for them.

I'm not too thrilled about Silk Sonic - Skate (-8) taking the biggest drop. But at least it's still in the Top 20, so that's still good for me. But I'm really hoping this should move back up very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God: The best countdown debut this week. And this song has also pulled another Sunday Best as it made the countdown and still on Hit Bound at the same time. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Lilith. For my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Halsey's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal, and that chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall for me to listen to, because I know she has been such a talented singer. Hopefully it'll do phenomenal on there.


Doja Cat - Need To Know: So this song has gone viral on TikTok and it has also been a Top 20 hit on the Hot 100, which was very interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But not as good as You Right, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Doja's vocals were super amazing, those lyrics were very interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should do amazing on there.


Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor: With Deja Vu leaving this week, this song has now made it's debut on there. Although I know Deja Vu is still doing so well on the AT40 along with Good 4 U, but it just had to go. Anyway. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Good 4 U, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Olivia's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so phenomenal, and the chorus was super phenomenal. And I'm sure this is going to do amazing on there because it's her. Hopefully this should become a hit on there


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday: I'm super pleased to see this song making it's debut on there. This really deserves it! Now, the last time they had a Top 5 song on there was Heathens back in 2016, and that was a song that I don't love, but I like it. Now, I'm really hoping it should be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Dua Lipa - Love Again: I don't really want this song to leave the Top 3. But I'm sure this should be back in there very soon. Hopefully I'm right.

3. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me: Well, it's about to be out of the Top 3. I know this would've hit #1 on there, but I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.

2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: It's almost at the top spot. Now, can this be his first ever #1 song on there? We're gonna have to find out. Hopefully it'll be in there next week.

1. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there, although I'm sure another song might take over the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. WizKid/Tems/Justin Bieber - Essence

2. Dream/Alec Benjmain - Change My Clothes

3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

4. Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh (DEBUT)

5. Tequila Mockingbird/Bohnes/Hudson Thames - Another Song About Tequila (DEBUT)

6. Drake/Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls (DEBUT)

7. Justin Bieber - Ghost

8. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God

9. Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby - Hurricane (DEBUT)

10. Vaultboy - Everything Sucks

11. Willow/Travis Barker - Transparent Soul

12. Jackson Wang/Internet Money - Drive Me Home

13. Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love

14. Seb - Seaside Demo

15. Kacey Musgraves - Justified (DEBUT)

16. Alessia Cara - Sweet Dream (RE-ENTRY)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. And wow, this was actually the first song that I liked from them? I actually thought I was going to not like this song because of that band, but they collaborated with an artist that I loved. I actually gave this song a listen and I think it's actually not bad. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is way better than Sunday Best and Wave Of You. For my opinion, the production was so upbeat and is so phenomenal, the vocals were super phenomenal especially Tai's in his contribution, those lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Tequila Mockingbird/Bohnes/Hudson Thames - Another Song About Tequila: This is just a mediocre song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this one. Plus, it does sound like a play in "To Kill A Mockingbird", which is kinda interesting. But it's still just not a good song. Although it's not bad, but it's still not that good. For my opinion, the production here actually isn't bad, but I'm not really huge on the vocals and the chorus was so stupid and I think the drop is annoying. But yeah, this is mediocre overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Drake/Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls: Now, these 2 have collaborated earlier this year with Wants And Needs, and that was a much better song than this new one. This is just a decent song. There nothing really interesting to say about this one. Though Drake's vocals were actually so outstanding and Lil Baby actually sounded great in his verse, but I'm not really huge on the production and I think the chorus was decent. But yeah, this is decent overall. I prefer Wants And Needs over this. But let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby - Hurricane: Now, the last time he was on Hits 1 was FourFive Seconds with Rihanna and Paul McCartney from The Beatles, and that was in my Top 3 Songs of 2015 if you guys don't know. And he also had a lot of songs that were on the Hot 100 but they weren't on Hits 1, and of course I also talked about him on my Hot 100 posts in case you remembered. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Kanye and Lil Baby both sound super amazing in their verses, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and Abel's vocals in the chorus were so phenomenal. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Kacey Musgraves - Justified: She has finally had her first song on there. Now, I've been hearing a lot of her songs on The Highway, and I know her hit song, Rainbow has hit the Hot 100 on the same week as the Thank U, Next album bomb, and that was a song that I really enjoyed back in 2018. And now, as for this song, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. But not as good as Rainbow, but it's still phenomenal. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Kacey's vocals were so phenomenal, those lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Alessia Cara - Sweet Dream: I'm so pleased to see it being back on there. That is so nice to see. And I'm really hoping that this should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Shouse - Love Tonight

29. Vaultboy - Everything Sucks


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

27. Blackbear - @ My Worst

26. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

25. Khalid - New Normal

24. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

23. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors

22. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You

21. Maneskin - Beggin

20. Conan Gray - People Watching

19. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love

18. Doja Cat - Need To Know

17. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

16. Duncan Laurence - Arcade

15. Jax - 90's Kids

14. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

13. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

12. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

11. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

10. Silk Sonic - Skate

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

8. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

7. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God

6. Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song

5. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

4. Dua Lipa - Love Again

3. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet

2. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


Total Score: 135/150 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023