The Kid Laroi (1) Week Of September 11, 2021

So I have now officially finished my first week of college. I thought that I actually did an amazing job working on every subject. Although I do know some of them are hard, but I still did amazing. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it actually looks so interesting. We do have another brand new #1 song on there, and that of course I'll get to that later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Anne-Marie/Niall Horan - Our Song

Khalid - New Normal


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

The Countdown:

#30. Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby - Hurricane (DEBUT)

#29. Shouse - Love Tonight (#29)

#28. Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love (DEBUT)

#27. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God (#30)

#26. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#28)

#25. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#27)

#24. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors (#26)

#23. Vaultboy - Everything Sucks (#23)

#22. Blackbear - @ My Worst (#22)

#21. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love (#25)

#20. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#21)

#19. Silk Sonic - Skate (#20)

#18. Conan Gray - People Watching (#17)

#17. Jax - 90's Kids (#13)

#16. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#16)

#15. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet (#14)

#14. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#19)

#13. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#9)

#12. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#8)

#11. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#11)

#10. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#10)

#9. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#6)

#8. Maneskin - Beggin (#15)

#7. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#18)

#6. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#5)

#5. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#12)

#4. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#3)

#3. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#4)

#2. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#1)

#1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (4 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (+11) taking the biggest jump into the Top 10. I'm definitely still giving credit to that. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 5 soon.

Jax - 90's Kids, Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U and Tai Verdes - A-O-K (-4) were all tied for the biggest drop this week. I'm really not too thrilled to see them all do it, but at least it's a short big drop.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby - Hurricane: He has finally made his big return on there! And this song has pulled yet another Sunday Best by debuting the countdown and still on Hit Bound. Now, the last time he was on the countdown was FourFive Seconds with Rihanna and Paul McCartney from The Beatles back in 2015, and that was in my Top 3 Songs of that year in case you didn't know. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, both Kanye and Lil Baby sound super amazing in their verses, those lyrics were very nicely-written, and Abel's vocals in the chorus were so phenomenal. Let's see how far this one should get.


Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love: Oh no... he is back on there. But yeah, to me he is a very bad singer because you know I hated Fix It To Break It and Chicken Tendies from which you all remembered. And now we have this one, which is yet to be another garbage song. For my opinion, the production was so boring, Clinton's vocals were so bad, those lyrics don't make any sense at all, and my gosh that chorus was so garbage. But yeah, this is such a garbage song overall. I seriously had enough of him. Hopefully this should not do so well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. The Weeknd - Take My Breath: I'm so pleased to see this song debuting the Top 5. I actually knew somehow that it was going to be in there. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me: It dropped out of the Top 3. But it sure did had a nice run there, although I know this would've hit the top spot, but I do know this is going to be on it's way out of here.

3. Dua Lipa - Love Again: I'm so pleased that this song has managed to be back in the Top 3. Now, hopefully this should have another chance to be at the top spot very soon.

2. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really did had an amazing run on there. Though I'm sure this is going to hang around in the Top 5 for a little bit longer.

1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: I'm super glad to see this song in there. This is now his first ever #1 song on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Daisy The Great/AJR - Record Player (DEBUT)

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

3. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God

4. Drake/Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls

5. Justin Bieber - Ghost

6. Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay - Chasing Stars (DEBUT)

7. Kacey Musgraves - Justified

8. Monsta X - One Day (DEBUT)

9. Skrillex/Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Don't Go (DEBUT)

10. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (DEBUT)

11. Dream/Alec Benjamin - Change My Clothes

12. Troye Sivan - Angel Baby (DEBUT)

13. Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh

14. Jackson Wang/Internet Money - Drive Me Home

15. Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby - Hurricane

16. Madison Beer - Reckless (RE-ENTRY)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Daisy The Great/AJR - Record Player: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly song. For my opinion, the production here was super phenomenal, both Daisy The Great's and Jack Met's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was super heavenly. Hopefully it should be on the countdown soon.


Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay - Chasing Stars: This is absolutely an amazing EDM song. And of course I remember James back in 2016 when Let It Go (no, I'm not talking about the overplayed song from Frozen) was there, and that was a hit back then. And I've been enjoying that song at the time, too. Now, on to my opinion. The production was so amazing, James's vocals were super amazing, those lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was so phenomenal, and the drop was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Monsta X - One Day: Does anybody remember them? They had 2 Hit Bound dropouts in 2019 and 2020 with Who Do U Love with French Montana and You Can't Hold My Heart, and both of them were decent songs. And now, here they are back. As far as this song goes, this is also a decent song. For my opinion, the production was actually great, but again I'm not really huge on the vocals here. But I don't mind the lyrics here and I think the chorus was decent. But yeah, this is decent overall. Though I don't know if it'll actually be on the countdown, but we're gonna have to find out.


Skrillex/Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Don't Go: The last time he had a song on Hits 1 was Bangarang back in 2012, and the last time he and Justin collaborated was Where Are U Now back in 2015, and that wasn't on Hits 1 at the time. And now, he's back. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an outstanding EDM song. For my opinion, the production was so outstanding, both Justin and Don's vocals both sound super outstanding, the lyrics were so remarkable, the chorus was so amazing, and that drop was super amazing. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Ed Sheeran - Shivers: This is absolutely a phenomenal song. Although I'm not happy about Visiting Hours failing to be on the countdown, although I actually wish that it would. But this is actually a step up from Visiting Hours. For my opinion, the production was super amazing, Ed's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was super phenomenal and super fun. But yeah, it's such a fun song for me to listen to. Hopefully it should be on the countdown within the next week or so.


Troye Sivan - Angel Baby: Since You has been doing so well on there, this song has now made it's debut on there. As for this new song, it's definitely amazing. With my opinion, the production here was so marvelous, Troye's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was definitely what I fell in love with. But yeah, overall it's an amazing song. And I'm sure this is going to be on the countdown when You leaves. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown very soon.


Madison Beer - Reckless: I'm so pleased that this song has managed to be back on Hit Bound. This really deserves it. Now, hopefully this song should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Shouse - Love Tonight

29. Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love

28. Vaultboy - Everything Sucks


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

27. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

26. Blackbear - @ My Worst

25. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

23. Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors

22. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You

21. Maneskin - Beggin

20. Conan Gray - People Watching

19. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love

18. Doja Cat - Need To Know

17. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

16. Duncan Laurence - Arcade

15. Jax - 90's Kids

14. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

13. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

12. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

11. Kanye West/The Weeknd/Lil Baby - Hurricane

10. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

9. Silk Sonic - Skate

8. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

6. Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God

5. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

4. Dua Lipa - Love Again

3. Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet

2. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


Total Score: 130/150 = 86.6% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023