AT40: The Kid Laroi (6) Week Of October 23, 2021

The countdown looks so phenomenal this week. We do have one debut that's actually one of my top songs of the year. But other than that, we do have an interesting Top 5 this week. I'll get to all of those later on in this post. But for now, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lizzo/Cardi B. - Rumors

Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God


Last Week's #1 Song: The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

The Countdown:

#40. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#40)

#39. Ariana Grande - POV (#38)

#38. Jackson Wang/Internet Money - Drive You Home (DEBUT)

#37. Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae - You (#36)

#36. Conan Gray - People Watching (#39)

#35. Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (#31)

#34. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (DEBUT)

#33. Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (#23)

#32. Black Eyed Peas/Saweetie/Lele Pons - Hit It (#30)

#31. Dixie D'Amelio/Rubi Rose - Psycho (#29)

#30. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#32)

#29. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#28)

#28. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#35)

#27. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#25)

#26. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#26)

#25. WizKid/Tems - Essence (#27)

#24. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#34)

#23. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#33)

#22. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#37)

#21. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#24)

#20. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#21)

#19. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love (#20)

#18. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#15)

#17. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#19)

#16. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#13)

#15. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#16)

#14. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#14)

#13. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#18)

#12. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#10)

#11. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#12)

#10. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#5)

#9. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#9)

#8. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#11)

#7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#8)

#6. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#4)

#5. Maneskin - Beggin (#7)

#4. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#6)

#3. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#3)

#2. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#2)

#1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#1) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (2 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (+15) taking the biggest jump. I'm definitely still going to give credit to it. Though I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 20 within the next week or so.

For the second week in a row, Giveon - Heartbreak Anniversary (-10) had the biggest drop this week. I was actually expecting that to happen, because I know this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Jackson Wang/Internet Money - Drive You Home: This is just another mediocre song. Although this song is actually a little bit of a step up from LMLY, but this is still mediocre. There isn't really anything here that's interesting to say about it. Although the production here was decent, but I'm not really huge on Jackson's vocals here and the chorus was okay. Although I don't mind the lyrics here because they're actually not that bad. But this is a mediocre song overall for me. Let's see how far this one gets.


Coldplay/BTS - My Universe: This is the only great debut we have this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And of course, this is definitely the best song that I've ever heard from them. It's definitely way better than their other songs, especially their old songs. This is definitely an extremely heavenly song. With my opinion, the production was extremely heavenly, Chris's vocals were extremely heavenly, the rapper from BTS sounded extremely heavenly in his verse, the lyrics were extremely heavenly, the chorus was extremely heavenly, everything on this song was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up as my #1 song of the year. Hopefully this should become a huge and massive hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Maneskin - Beggin: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to go this far on there. But I'm super glad to see this song in the Top 5. Although I'm not sure if this should be in the Top 3, but we're gonna have to see.

4. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: He replaces himself on there this week. Though I do know Montero (Call Me By Your Name) is now officially out of here. But I'm still fine with this song being in there. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

3. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U: I'm sure I want this song to stay in the Top 3 for a couple more weeks longer. Gosh, I do know this song has been in the Top 3 for months because of how well it did on there.

2. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits: I do have a feeling that this song might not be at the top spot because of what's happening in there. But I'm sure hoping that next week it'll be in there.

1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: Holding the top spot for the 6th week in a row. Wow, what has this song been doing in there? It sure has been doing so phenomenal on there, especially on TikTok. Though I'm sure another song might take over the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

19. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

17. Maneskin - Beggin

16. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love

15. Doja Cat - Need To Know

14. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

13. Duncan Laurence - Arcade

12. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

11. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

10. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

9. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

5. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

4. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

3. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

2. Dua Lipa - Love Again


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U


Total Score: 97/100 = 97% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023