Ed Sheeran (1) Week Of October 23, 2021

We have an interesting countdown this week, because of course we do have another brand new #1 song this week, but it's not one of my favorite songs on there, but it's still a great song. But other than that, we also have some more amazing debuts this week. I'll get to all of those later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Blackbear - @ My Worst

Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love

Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me


Last Week's #1 Song: The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

The Countdown:

#30. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#23)

#29. Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter - Hurricane (DEBUT)

#28. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#28)

#27. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#20)

#26. Giveon - For Tonight (#30)

#25. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#24)

#24. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (DEBUT)

#23. Kacey Musgraves - Justified (#29)

#22. Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh (#21)

#21. Sueco - Paralyzed (#22)

#20. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#27)

#19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#14)

#18. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#15)

#17. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#18)

#16. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#13)

#15. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#25)

#14. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#19)

#13. Tai Verdes/24kgoldn - A-O-K (#10)

#12. Maneskin - Beggin (#11)

#11. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#12)

#10. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#8)

#9. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#9)

#8. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#7)

#7. Adele - Easy On Me (DEBUT)

#6. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#4)

#5. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#3)

#4. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#1)

#3. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#5)

#2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#6) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Falling (3 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


After coming back to the countdown last week, Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (+10) had the biggest jump into the Top 15. I'm so glad to see this song do it. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

I'm fine with Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) taking the biggest drop, but I'm not too thrilled that The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (-7) was tied for it. This seriously does not deserve it at all! But I'm sure this is going to be the end of them.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter - Hurricane: This is absolutely an outstanding song. But definitely not as good as Kanye West's song with the same title and also not as good as Lean On Me, but it's still outstanding. For my opinion, the production was so outstanding, the vocals were super outstanding, the lyrics were so awesome, and the chorus was so amazing. But yeah, outstanding song for me overall. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame: They have finally made their first countdown appearance this week. Now, I remember this guy had a song that was on the Hot 100 for a little bit called Lalala back in 2019, and it's actually a decent song for me. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely another outstanding song and this is definitely a step up from Lalala. Though he's definitely not a good rapper but he sounds super outstanding here. But other than that, the production was so outstanding, Rich Brain's vocals also sound super outstanding in his verses, those lyrics were so nice, and that chorus was so amazing. Let's see how this one does on there.


Adele - Easy On Me: The best countdown debut this week. She has finally made her big return on there! And it even debuted in the Top 10 too. Now, the last time we heard from her was Water Under The Bridge back in late 2016 and it was a hit back in 2017. And of course, that was a song that I didn't love, but I like it. And now, she's finally back! As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from Water Under The Bridge. The production was so phenomenal, Adele's vocals were super phenomenal, those lyrics were super marvelous, and I definitely stand for the chorus. And I know this is going to become a huge hit on there because it's her. I know she has been having a lot of #1 songs on there before her return. Hopefully this should too!


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: I'm fine with this song dropping, but I don't think it'll leave here next week. Maybe it might move up.

4. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still did so phenomenal on there. And I'm sure this is going to hang around in the Top 5 for a little while longer.

3. The Weeknd - Take My Breath: Thank goodness this song is finally moving up! And I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 3. But I'm not sure if it'll be at the top spot though. But we're gonna have to see.

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: I thought this song was going to be at the top spot. But again I'm not sure if it's actually going to, but we're gonna have to see.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: I'm so pleased to see this song in there. I know that this one going to be at the top spot because it's him. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

2. Dixie D'Amelio - The Real Thing

3. Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead

4. Jesy Nelson/Nicki Minaj - Boyz (DEBUT)

5. Justus Bennetts - Bad Day

6. Halsey - Darling

7. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (DEBUT)

8. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)

9. Aurora - Giving In To The Love

10. Sean Paul/Sia - Dynamite (DEBUT)

11. Monsta X - One Day

12. Walker Hayes - U Girl (DEBUT)

13. Lisa - Money

14. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend (DEBUT)

15. Maneskin - Mammamia

16. Trevor Daniel - Alone


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Jesy Nelson/Nicki Minaj - Boyz: Of course she was a member of Little Mix, and now she's starting to make her own music? That's so cool! Anyway. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Jesy's vocals were so phenomenal, it has super interesting lyrics, the chorus was super phenomenal, and Nicki's rapping in her verse was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is a phenomenal song overall. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. And does anybody remember this EDM group? They collaborated with John Martin in two songs on there, one of them is Save The World from 2011, and the other is their hit Don't You Worry Child from 2013. And of course, I've been enjoying both of these songs back then. And now, they're back after 8 long years. As for this new song, it's definitely an extremely heavenly EDM song and this is definitely their best song ever. It's way better than the other two songs that were on there. With my opinion, the production was super heavenly, Abel's vocals were extremely heavenly, I'm definitely a humongous fan of the lyrics, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and that drop was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 3 Songs of the year when it makes the countdown. I now have completed my Top 10 Songs of this year as for right now. If it doesn't debut the countdown, it will be off my list. But I'm really hoping that it should be on the countdown very soon.


Sean Paul/Sia - Dynamite: Of course the last time they collaborated was Cheap Thrills back in 2016, and this was a decent song for me. And now we have this one, which was better. As for this song, it's definitely an amazing song. It's definitely a step up from Cheap Thrills, but definitely not as good as BTS's hit song with the same title from last year. But it's still an amazing song. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Sean's vocals in the verses were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and Sia's vocals in the chorus were so phenomenal. I'm really hoping it should be on the countdown soon.


Walker Hayes - U Girl: Since Fancy Like is doing so well on the countdown, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it is also an amazing song. I've also been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. Though this is not as good as Fancy Like, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Walker's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was super amazing. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend: Does anybody remember them? They brought us Walking early last year, and that was a decent song for me as you all remembered. As for this new song, it's definitely an amazing song and this is way better than Walking. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Bibi's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super amazing, and that chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is an amazing song overall. Though I'm not sure if it's going to be on the countdown, but we're gonna have to see.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Sueco - Paralyzed


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy

25. Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter - Hurricane

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame

22. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

21. Maneskin - Beggin

20. Doja Cat - Need To Know

19. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

18. Giveon - For Tonight

17. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

16. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

15. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

14. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

13. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

12. Kacey Musgraves - Justified

11. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

10. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

9. Adele - Easy On Me

8. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

7. Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh

6. Tai Verdes/24kgoldn - A-O-K

5. Dua Lipa - Love Again

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

3. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023