Ed Sheeran (2) Week Of October 30, 2021

So this is the Halloweekend edition of the weekend countdown. And now things are starting to get even more spooky and scary. So look out everybody! As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks super amazing. We do have some more interesting debuts, which I'll get to later, and we also had an amazing Top 5 this week. I'll get to all of those later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh

Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (#24)

#29. Troye Sivan - Angel Baby (DEBUT)

#28. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#30)

#27. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (DEBUT)

#26. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#28)

#25. Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter - Hurricane (#29)

#24. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#27)

#23. Giveon - For Tonight (#26)

#22. Sueco - Paralyzed (#21)

#21. Kacey Musgraves - Justified (#23)

#20. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#8)

#19. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#20)

#18. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#17)

#17. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#15)

#16. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#16)

#15. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#18)

#14. Maneskin - Beggin (#12)

#13. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#19)

#12. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#10)

#11. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#11)

#10. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#14)

#9. Tai Verdes/24kgoldn - A-O-K (#13)

#8. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#9)

#7. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#4)

#6. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#6)

#5. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#5)

#4. Adele - Easy On Me (#7)

#3. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#3)

#2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Falling (4 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (+6) taking the biggest jump. Though it's getting close to the Top 10. And I'm sure this is going to be in there very soon. Let's see if it does.

I'm really not too thrilled about Dua Lipa - Love Again (-12) taking the biggest drop. And it also has dropped all the way out of the Top 10 and now it's about to be out of the Top 20. And I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Troye Sivan - Angel Baby: This is absolutely an amazing song. And I actually thought that it was going to be on the countdown after You left 4 weeks ago, but it just didn't happen. But now it's here. Anyway. For my opinion on this song, the production was so marvelous, Troye's vocals were super amazing, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and I really fell in love with that chorus. But yeah, overall it's such an amazing song for me to listen to. Hopefully this should do so well on there.


Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days: The best countdown debut this week. And I've noticed that Hits 1 did drop Sueco as the One To Watch early, which I'm fine with because Paralyzed is garbage. And this song has now become the new One To Watch. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly song. With my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Mae's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was super heavenly, and Polo G's verse is so phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a heavenly song overall. Hopefully this should do super phenomenal on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: I'm fine with this song still standing in this spot. However, this might come back to the Top 3 sometime soon. And I'll still give credit to this song if it comes back there. Let's see if it'll happen soon.

4. Adele - Easy On Me: This song has now made it's debut in the Top 5 on it's second week on there. And I'm sure this is going to end up being at the top spot, but let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 next week.

3. The Weeknd - Take My Breath: I'm pleased that it's still in the Top 3, but again I'm not sure if it'll be at the top spot. But we're gonna have to see if it does or not.

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: Gosh, what has this song been doing still standing at this spot? But like what I said, I'm not sure if it'll actually be at the top spot because of what's going on in there.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. Gosh, he really has been doing super amazing on his career of music in there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Trevor Daniel - Alone

2. Walker Hayes - U Girl

3. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

4. Khalid - Present (DEBUT)

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (DEBUT)

6. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)

7. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (DEBUT)

8. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On (DEBUT)

9. Regard/Kwabs - Signals (DEBUT)

10. Halsey - Darling

11. Maneskin - Mammamia

12. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame

13. Sean Paul/Sia - Dynamite

14. Jesy Nelson/Nicki Minaj - Boyz

15. Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead

16. Lisa - Money


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Khalid - Present: This is such another outstanding song and this is actually a step up from New Normal. With my opinion, the production was so outstanding, Khalid's vocals were super outstanding, those lyrics were so nicely-written, and that chorus was so amazing. But yeah, this is absolutely another outstanding song overall for me to listen to. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days: Because this song is the new One To Watch, this song has even made it's debut on there. And I'm sure this is going to stay on there for the whole month of November while I'd like to see it do well on the countdown.


Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Since Shivers hit the top spot on the countdown, this song has now made it's debut on there. And this is now my new favorite song from him. I know Perfect has actually been my favorite song from him, but now it's my second favorite and this new song is my new favorite. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly song. With my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Ed's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were absolutely heavenly, and that chorus was super heavenly. This could end up in my Top 10 Songs of next year when it debuts the countdown and if it stays on there next year. Hopefully this should be on the countdown within the next week or so.


Oliver Tree - Life Goes On: I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And I've known this guy since he was a Critical Cut with his song Hurt back in 2019, and that was a song that I also enjoyed back then. As for this new song, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from Hurt. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Oliver's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Regard/Kwabs - Signals: After You become a hit on here, this song makes it's debut on there. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this song. Though the production here sounds so outstanding, but Regard's down-pitched vocals were not good and Kwab's vocals don't sound good either. But the lyrics were fine and the chorus was decent. And the drop here sounds almost exactly like the one from Ride It which was also a decent song for me from which you remembered, but except it's in a slightly different key. But yeah, this is a decent song for me overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Sueco - Paralyzed


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy

25. Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter - Hurricane

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame

22. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

21. Maneskin - Beggin

20. Doja Cat - Need To Know

19. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

18. Giveon - For Tonight

17. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

16. Troye Sivan - Angel Baby

15. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

14. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

13. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

12. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

11. Kacey Musgraves - Justified

10. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

8. Adele - Easy On Me

7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

6. Tai Verdes/24kgoldn - A-O-K

5. Dua Lipa - Love Again

4. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

3. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023