The Kid Laroi (6) Week Of October 16, 2021

The countdown looks so heavenly this week, because one of our debuts this week was actually one of my top songs of the year, and that was definitely a heavenly thing to see on there. But other than that, the Top 5 looks super amazing. I'll get to that one later on in this post, but for now, I don't have anything else to say here. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Conan Gray - People Watching [DTHNOBx2]

Vaultboy - Everything Sucks

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Duncan Laurence - Arcade

Halsey - I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God


Last Week's #1 Song: The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

The Countdown:

#30. Giveon - For Tonight (DEBUT)

#29. Kacey Musgraves - Justified (#25)

#28. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#29)

#27. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (DEBUT)

#26. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#15)

#25. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (RE-ENTRY)

#24. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#18)

#23. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (DEBUT)

#22. Sueco - Paralyzed (#30)

#21. Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh (#26)

#20. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (DEBUT)

#19. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#23)

#18. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#20)

#17. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love (#13)

#16. Blackbear - @ My Worst (#14)

#15. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#17)

#14. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#24)

#13. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#3)

#12. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#8)

#11. Maneskin - Beggin (#16)

#10. Tai Verdes/24kgoldn - A-O-K (#10)

#9. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#6)

#8. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#9)

#7. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#4)

#6. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#11)

#5. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#5)

#4. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#2)

#3. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#12)

#2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#7)

#1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#1) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Falling (2 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (+10) taking the biggest jump. I'm definitely still giving credit to that. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (-11) had the biggest drop and now it's almost out of here. And I'm sure this is going to be leaving here within the next week or so.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Giveon - For Tonight: He has finally made his first countdown appearance as a solo artist. Though Heartbreak Anniversary would've been on there because it was doing so amazing on the pop radio charts. But this is another amazing song for me. But definitely not as good as Heartbreak Anniversary, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Giveon's vocals were so amazing, those lyrics were so remarkable, and that chorus was super amazing. Let's see how far this one should get.


Coldplay/BTS - My Universe: The best countdown debut this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And this is definitely the best song that I've ever heard from them. It's definitely way better than their other songs. It's definitely an extremely heavenly song. For my opinion, the production was extremely heavenly, Chris's vocals were extremely heavenly, the rapper from BTS sounded extremely heavenly in his verse, the lyrics were extremely heavenly, the chorus was extremely heavenly, everything on this song was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up as my #1 song of the year from which you'll see in my Top 10 Songs of the year post coming up in 2 months. But now I have 9 songs on this list, and now I need one more to go. Hopefully we will get that last one that should make this list before the year is over. But in the meantime, hopefully this song should do way better on here than on the Alt-18.


Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory: It's so nice to see this song come back to the countdown. I'm so glad to see it re-enter there. Now, let's see how far this one gets in it's second run.


Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah): Back when I first saw the title, I was like "what the heck is this?" Because this is actually a weird title. And I know this song has gone viral on TikTok, so that's why it's here. Anyway. As far as the song goes, it's actually a mediocre song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. The production here is weird and a little underwhelming and the vocals aren't good either. But the lyrics were still fine and the chorus was okay. But yeah, this is mediocre overall. Let's see how this one does in there.


The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot: This group contains of Willow from which you remembered from Transparent Soul, and that was actually her first countdown appearance when she's with that band. And it also has Tyler Cole, which I've actually never heard of. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Willow's vocals were super amazing, Tyler's vocals were super outstanding in his contribution, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and that chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. The Weeknd - Take My Breath: Man, when is this song going to move up and be in the Top 3? This seriously has been sitting there for weeks. This seriously needs to get more airplay and move up. Hopefully this should do it.

4. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday: No! This does not deserve to leave the Top 3! I thought this song was gonna have a chance to be at the top spot this week, but it didn't. But hopefully it'll be back in the Top 3 soon.

3. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: It debuted the Top 5 this week and into the Top 3. I'm fine with this song being in there. However, if this song goes to the top spot soon, I'll still give credit to it. Let's see if it'll happen soon.

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: It also debuted the Top 5 and into the Top 3 this week, and now it's almost at the top spot. I'm super pleased that it's in there, although I'm not sure if it'll be at the top spot, but I'm really hoping it should within the next week or so.

1. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: Holding the top spot for the 6th week in a row. Wow, this song sure has been doing so phenomenal on there and on TikTok recently. Although another song might take over the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Monsta X - One Day

2. Adele - Easy On Me (DEBUT)

3. Trevor Daniel - Alone

4. Dixie D'Amelio - The Real Thing (DEBUT)

5. Lisa - Money (DEBUT)

6. Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay - Chasing Stars (RE-ENTRY)

7. Skylar Grey/Polo G/Mozzy/Eminem - Last One Standing

8. Halsey - Darling (DEBUT)

9. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)

10. Maneskin - Mammamia

11. Sueco - Paralyzed

12. Why Don't We - Love Back

13. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

14. Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead

15. Justus Bennetts - Bad Day (DEBUT)

16. Aurora - Giving In To The Love (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Adele - Easy On Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. And this is the moment we've all been waiting for... the big return of her! Gosh, I've really been waiting for her to come back to make more music. The last time we heard from her was Water Under The Bridge back in 2016 and 2017, and that was a song that I don't love but liked back then. As for this new song, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is a huge step up from Water Under The Bridge. The production was so phenomenal, Adele's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super marvelous, and that chorus was definitely what I stand for. Hopefully this should be on the countdown within the next week or so.


Dixie D'Amelio - The Real Thing: This is absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Psycho, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production here was so amazing, Dixie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is an amazing song overall for me to listen to. But I don't think it'll be on the countdown because it's her, but we're gonna have to see. Let's see if it'll be in there soon.


Lisa - Money: We have another member from Blackpink making new music as a solo artist. Now, you guys have remembered Rose's song On The Ground, and that was a Hit Bound dropout. And now, we have this one. As far as the song goes, it's a definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Lisa's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Though I'm not sure if it'll be on the countdown, but we're gonna have to see. Hopefully it does.


Alesso/Marshmello/James Bay - Chasing Stars: I'm so pleased to see this song come back in there. Now, hopefully this should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


Halsey - Darling: Since I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God left the countdown, we now have this song making it;s debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Halsey's vocals were so phenomenal, I'm a huge fan of the lyrics, and I really fell in love with that chorus. But yeah, overall this is a phenomenal song for me to listen to. Hopefully this should be on the countdown very soon.


Justus Bennetts - Bad Day: I really have no idea where this come from and why it's there, but my gosh this is another garbage song. There's seriously nothing good about it. The production here is so bad, Justus's vocals were so obnoxious, the lyrics don't really help with the song at all, and that chorus was absolutely total garbage. So yeah, this is definitely not a good song for me to listen to. Daniel Powter's hit song with the same title from 2006 is better than this one. Hopefully it doesn't debut the countdown.


Aurora - Giving In To The Love: This is such another amazing song. With my opinion on this one, the production here was so amazing, Aurora's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, amazing song for me to listen to. Although I'm not really sure that it's going to be on the countdown just because she's new, but I'm sure hoping that it does.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Sueco - Paralyzed


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Blackbear - @ My Worst

26. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

25. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

22. Maneskin - Beggin

21. Shawn Mendes/Tainy - Summer Of Love

20. Doja Cat - Need To Know

19. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

18. Giveon - For Tonight

17. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

16. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

15. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

14. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

13. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

12. The Weeknd - Take My Breath

11. Kacey Musgraves - Justified

10. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

8. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

7. Surfaces/Tai Verdes - Sheesh

6. Tai Verdes/24kgoldn - A-O-K

5. Dua Lipa - Love Again

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

3. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 138/150 = 92% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023