AT40: Lil Nas X (1) Week Of December 4, 2021

So we are now officially in the month of December and now we are ready to get to the holiday spirit. And my birthday is coming up next Saturday. I'm going to be turning 19. Hopefully we don't have a bad countdown for it. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks great, although we do have another brand new #1 song that was decent. I'll get to that one later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Tai Verdes - A-O-K

Walker Hayes - Fancy Like


Last Week's #1 Song: The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

The Countdown:

#40. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#39)

#39. Trevor Daniel - Alone (#40)

#38. Chloe - Have Mercy (DEBUT)

#37. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#34)

#36. Farruko - Pepas (#36)

#35. Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead (#35)

#34. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#32)

#33. The Weeknd - Take My Breath (#17)

#32. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#29)

#31. Monsta X - One Day (#33)

#30. Giveon - For Tonight (#31)

#29. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#37)

#28. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#26)

#27. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#38)

#26. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#15)

#25. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (#27)

#24. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#21)

#23. WizKid/Tems - Essence (#23)

#22. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#19)

#21. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#22)

#20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#20)

#19. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#30)

#18. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#18)

#17. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#13)

#16. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#16)

#15. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#5)

#14. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (RE-ENTRY)

#13. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#24)

#12. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#14)

#11. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#12)

#10. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#10)

#9. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#11)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#9)

#7. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#6)

#6. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#4)

#5. Maneskin - Beggin (#3)

#4. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#7)

#3. Adele - Easy On Me (#8)

#2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#1)

#1. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (4 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame, Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now and Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (+11) were all tied for the biggest jump this week. Though I'm okay with one of them, but the rest I'm super pleased to see.

The Weeknd - Take My Breath (-16) took a huge big drop this week as it dropped all the way out of the Top 30 from the Top 20. Though I was actually expecting that to happen. And I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Chloe - Have Mercy: This is the only debut we have this week. And I actually didn't know she was doing solo singles now. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Chloe's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. Also, I'm hoping that Halle can do solo singles too! But this is definitely a phenomenal song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Glass Animals - Heat Waves: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to come back in there. But I'm super pleased that it managed to re-enter there! And again this song is going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year in case you remember. And it's almost the end of the year, so you will see how high it will rank in my Top 10 Songs of the year post coming very soon. But yeah, it is super amazing to see this song come back there, and I'm sure this is going to become a hit on there. Let's see how this one does on it's second run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Maneskin - Beggin: I was actually expecting this song to drop. And I'm sure that next week it'll definitely be out of here.

4. Doja Cat - Need To Know: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm super glad to see this song in there. And I'm sure this song is going to be in the Top 3 next week. Hopefully I'm right.

3. Adele - Easy On Me: It also debuted the Top 5 and into the Top 3 this week. I'm so pleased that it's in there. And I'm sure this song is going to end up being at the top spot very soon. Hopefully it'll happen.

2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really had a phenomenal run in there. And I'm sure this song is going to hold this spot for a little while longer.

1. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: I'm fine with this song at the top spot. I'm definitely still giving credit to that, because it's a decent song. But I'm sure another song might go for the top spot, but let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Maneskin - Beggin

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

11. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

10. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

8. Adele - Easy On Me

7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

6. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

4. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023