Ed Sheeran (5) Week Of November 20, 2021

The countdown looks super duper amazing this week. We do have another debut that might end up in my Top 10 Songs of next year, which was definitely the best thing. But other than that, we do have a pretty good Top 5 this week. I'll get to all of those later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

Troye Sivan - Angel Baby

BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame

Oliver Tree - Life Goes On


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#29)

#29. Twenty One Pilots - The Outside (DEBUT)

#28. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#27)

#27. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#24)

#26. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#21)

#25. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me (DEBUT)

#24. Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell (#30)

#23. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran - Run (DEBUT)

#22. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#25)

#21. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#26)

#20. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#20)

#19. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (DEBUT)

#18. Giveon - For Tonight (#18)

#17. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#19)

#16. Tai Verdes - A-O-K (#14)

#15. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like (#7)

#14. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#17)

#13. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#5)

#12. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#12)

#11. Maneskin - Beggin (#11)

#10. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#13)

#9. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory (#9)

#8. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#16)

#7. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#15)

#6. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#8)

#5. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#4)

#4. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#6)

#3. Adele - Easy On Me (#3)

#2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Shawn Mendes - Wonder (1 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Doja Cat - Need To Know had the biggest jump into the Top 10 this week. But what's also tied for it that was definitely the best thing that I've ever seen was Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (+8), and that I was super pleased to see. Now, hopefully this song should be in the Top 5 very soon.

Walker Hayes - Fancy Like had the biggest drop this week which I didn't expect to happen, but what's also tied for the biggest drop which I'm so mad to see is Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (-8). This seriously does not deserve it. But I'm sure that this is going to be the end of them.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Twenty One Pilots - The Outside: Since Saturday is officially going to be on it's way out of here, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Saturday, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Tyler's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were remarkable, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a fun song for me to listen to. Let's see how this one does on there.


Avril Lavigne - Bite Me: She has finally made her return on there after 2 years off. As for this new song, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from Dumb Blonde. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Avril's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so marvelous, and that chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, phenomenal song for me to listen to overall. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran - Run: Now, the last time those two collaborated was End Game back in late 2017, and that was a song that I've enjoyed if you all remembered back then. And now, they have collaborated again with this song along with the new version of Everything Has Changed. Now, a couple weeks ago she re-released her 2012 album Red but it's the new version of it. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing. But definitely not as good as End Game, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, their vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do amazing on there which I'm sure it's going to because it is a collaboration of two artists that both have some songs that were doing super amazing on there.


Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Because of how well Shivers is doing on there, this song has now joined here. Though I do know a lot of you say that Perfect was still my favorite song from him, but now it has been my second favorite because this song is now my new favorite song from him. As for this new song, it's definitely a heavenly song and this is definitely a step up from Shivers. With my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Ed's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were absolutely heavenly, and that chorus was super heavenly. This is probably gonna end up in my Top 10 Songs of next year if it stays on there by then. Hopefully this should do heavenly on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: I'm fine with this song dropping. Although I'm sure this song is probably gonna leave here within the next week or so.

4. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see this song in there. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 very soon. Hopefully it'll be in there.

3. Adele - Easy On Me: I have a feeling that this song might hang around in that spot for a little while longer because of what was happening.

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: Same thing for this song, but I do have a strange feeling that this song is actually never going to hit the top spot. Although I know it's from a very popular 70's artist, but not every song from super popular artists have to be at the top spot, but a lot of them do.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Wow, how has this song been doing on there? This really has been doing super amazing on there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Chloe - Have Mercy

2. Sean Paul/Sia - Dynamite

3. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On

4. Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell

5. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

6. Trevor Daniel - Alone (RE-ENTRY)

7. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

8. Masked Wolf/Bebe Rexha - It's You, Not Me (Sabotage) (DEBUT)

9. Lisa - Money

10. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

11. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (DEBUT)

12. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (DEBUT)

13. Iann Dior - Let You (DEBUT)

14. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money (DEBUT)

15. JP Saxe - Soft Landing

16. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Trevor Daniel - Alone: I'm so pleased that this song has managed to make it back on there. Now, I'm really hoping that this should have another chance to be on the countdown very soon.


Masked Wolf/Bebe Rexha - It's You, Not Me (Sabotage): The best Hit Bound entrant this week. And what I've noticed is that Bebe had her own song called Sabotage, so this was actually weird to get a new song called that. But then I re-listened to it and this is actually the remix of it. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Masked Wolf's verses were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and Bebe's vocals in the chorus were so heavenly. But yeah, overall it's a phenomenal song for me to listen to. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle: We have picked up another new single from the re-released album. As for this new song, it's also another amazing song and this is actually a little bit of a step up from Run. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Taylor's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. And I'm sure this song is probably gonna debut the countdown soon and I'm sure this will replace Run on there. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It: What the heck is going on with this song? I really have no idea what was happening here, but my gosh this song was so awful and super annoying. It only has a few lines taking from their 2006 hit song repeated over and over and over throughout the whole song. And the production here does not fit very well with this song either. But yeah, this is an awful and annoying song for me. Hopefully this doesn't debut the countdown.


Iann Dior - Let You: This is definitely another amazing song and this is actually a step up from Holding On. I know Holding On has become the One To Watch earlier in the year, so now they decided to pick up another song from him. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Iann's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song is also another garbage song. As for my opinion, the production and the vibe here are very strange and bland, all of their vocals were extremely awful, the lyrics were definitely a huge mess and half of them are in Spanish and I don't understand what they're saying, and my gosh that chorus was absolutely grating. But yeah, this was definitely not a good song for me. This better not be on the countdown. NEVER!


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

30. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)


3 - Decent:

29. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

26. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

25. Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy

23. Justin Bieber - Ghost

22. Maneskin - Beggin

21. Doja Cat - Need To Know

20. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

19. Giveon - For Tonight

18. Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

17. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

16. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

15. Twenty One Pilots - The Outside

14. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran - Run

13. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

12. Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell

11. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

10. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

8. Adele - Easy On Me

7. Tai Verdes - A-O-K

6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

5. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

4. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Kate Bush - This Woman's Work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Music is shrinking in popularity in the US and old music is growing again in popoularity

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023