AT40: Adele (1) Week Of December 11, 2021

So my birthday is officially today! I've now turned 19. Gosh, now I have 1 more year left of my 10's. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super amazing. We do have another brand new #1 song on here, and that was definitely a nice thing to see as always. But I'll get to that later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Kane Brown/Blackbear - Memory

The Weeknd - Take My Breath

Farruko - Pepas


Last Week's #1 Song: Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

The Countdown:

#40. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#40)

#39. Trevor Daniel - Alone (#39)

#38. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#37)

#37. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On (DEBUT)

#36. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (DEBUT)

#35. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#34)

#34. Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead (#35)

#33. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#32)

#32. Monsta X - One Day (#31)

#31. Chloe - Have Mercy (#38)

#30. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#28)

#29. Giveon - For Tonight (#30)

#28. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#27)

#27. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (DEBUT)

#26. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#24)

#25. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#29)

#24. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (#25)

#23. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#22)

#22. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#15)

#21. WizKid/Tems - Essence (#23)

#20. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#21)

#19. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#17)

#18. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#18)

#17. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#20)

#16. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#16)

#15. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#19)

#14. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#13)

#13. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#12)

#12. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#11)

#11. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#10)

#10. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#9)

#9. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#14)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#7)

#7. Maneskin - Beggin (#5)

#6. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#8)

#5. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#6)

#4. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#4)

#3. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#2)

#2. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#1)

#1. Adele - Easy On Me (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (5 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Chloe - Have Mercy (+7) has really been gaining lots of airplay on the pop radio charts recently. What a week for her! Now, let's see if this should go to the Top 30 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (-7) taking the biggest drop and being out of the Top 20. This seriously deserves better than that. But I do have a feeling that this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Oliver Tree - Life Goes On: The best debut this week. And I've actually been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And not only that, but I've also known him since 2019 back when he had this song Hurt when he was a Critical Cut, and I've been enjoying that song back then. As for this new song, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Hurt. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Oliver's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle: This is absolutely another amazing song and this is actually a step up from Run. Although Run wasn't actually a single which it should've, but this new song is still an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Taylor's vocals were super amazing, those lyrics were so nicely-written, and that chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window: This is also another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Skate, but this is still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Bruno's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was super amazing, and Anderson .Paak's vocals were also so amazing in his verse. But yeah, amazing song overall for me to listen to. Let's see how far this one should get.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right: I'm so pleased about this song coming back in the Top 5 this week. Now, let's see if this should have another chance to get to the Top 3 very soon.

4. Doja Cat - Need To Know: I'm still waiting for this song to get in the Top 3, but I don't think it's actually going to happen. Maybe it might start dropping.

3. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: I actually didn't expect this song to drop. But again I'm sure this song is going to hang around in the Top 3 for a little while longer because of how well it did.

2. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: It dropped out of the top spot. But it sure did had a nice time in there last week, but again it's always nice to see something new hit the top spot rather than the same old songs. And I'm sure this is going to be out of here sometime soon.

1. Adele - Easy On Me: I'm so pleased to see this song in there. Now she has made her big return to the top spot this week. That's definitely amazing to see. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Maneskin - Beggin

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

11. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

10. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

9. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

8. Adele - Easy On Me

7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

6. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

4. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023