AT40: Adele (2) Week Of December 18, 2021

So this is the last AT40 of 2021. Gosh, time sure is flying by so fast. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks good, but we do have another mediocre debut this week which I'll get to later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


The Weeknd - Save Your Tears


Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Easy On Me

The Countdown:

#40. Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (#23)

#39. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#38)

#38. Trevor Daniel - Alone (#39)

#37. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#35)

#36. Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead (#34)

#35. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#33)

#34. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On (#37)

#33. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (DEBUT)

#32. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#30)

#31. Monsta X - One Day (#32)

#30. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#22)

#29. Chloe - Have Mercy (#31)

#28. Giveon - For Tonight (#29)

#27. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#26)

#26. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#28)

#25. WizKid/Tems - Essence (#21)

#24. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#25)

#23. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (#24)

#22. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#36)

#21. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#27)

#20. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#19)

#19. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#20)

#18. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#18)

#17. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#16)

#16. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#17)

#15. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#11)

#14. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#15)

#13. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#14)

#12. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#13)

#11. Maneskin - Beggin (#7)

#10. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#12)

#9. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#10)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#8)

#7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#5)

#6. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#9)

#5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#6)

#4. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#4)

#3. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#2)

#2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#3)

#1. Adele - Easy On Me (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (6 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (+14) gaining lots and lots of airplay on the pop radio charts. I knew it was going to do that. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy (-17) has been losing lots of airplay recently. And I'm sure this is definitely going to be out of here on the next countdown in a few more weeks.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah): What a weird title. Because you see, back when I first saw it, I was like, "what the heck is this title"? And I also noticed that this song has also gone viral on TikTok, so that's why it's here. As far as the song goes, it's actually mediocre. There really isn't anything here that's interesting to say about it. The production here is weird and a little underwhelming and I don't think the vocals sound good either. But the lyrics were fine and I think the chorus was okay. But this is mediocre overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see it in there. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 very soon. Let's see if it does.

4. Doja Cat - Need To Know: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. But hopefully in the next countdown which is in 3 weeks it'll be in there.

3. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby: I'm fine with this song moving down. Though I'm sure this is probably gonna leave the Top 3 soon.

2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: Wow, I was actually expecting this song to move back up to this spot. And yes, I'm sure this is going to hang around in this spot for a few more weeks longer. Let's see how long this'll stay in there.

1. Adele - Easy On Me: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. And of course, this is where it'll be staying for the next 2 weeks since it's the last countdown of the year. It sure has been a great year for music here and I'm really looking forward to see what 2022 would look like for music. Hopefully it'll be a great year.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Maneskin - Beggin

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

11. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

10. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

9. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

8. Adele - Easy On Me

7. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

6. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

4. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023