Ed Sheeran (10) Week Of December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas everybody! And this is the last countdown for the year as well. I hope everyone’s been having some amazing presents from Santa this year. Also, I have the Hits 1 Year-End countdown post coming after this post. So look forward to that. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it still looks great, but unfortunately we did get rid of my #1 song of the year and of course it’ll forever be missed. But we did get some more amazing debuts this week which I’ll get to later. But other than that, I don’t have anything else to say here, so let’s get to it! Before we get to this week’s Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Coldplay/BTS - My Universe

Shawn Mendes - It’ll Be Okay


Last Week’s #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Ammarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money (#30)

#29. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#24)

#28. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy (#29)

#27. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#26)

#26. Walker Hayes - U Girl (#25)

#25. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (DEBUT)

#24. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (#28)

#23. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#23)

#22. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#20)

#21. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#21)

#20. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#22)

#19. Adele - Oh My God (#18)

#18. Giveon - For Tonight (#19)

#17. Jonas Brothers - Who’s In Your Head (#14)

#16. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#17)

#15. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#16)

#14. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#12)

#13. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#13)

#12. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (#15)

#11. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#11)

#10. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me (RE-ENTRY)

#9. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#9)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#10)

#7. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#8)

#6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#6)

#5. Adele - Easy On Me (#3)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#5)

#3. Lil Nas X - That’s What I Want (#4)

#2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [10th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters (1 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week’s Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (+4) gaining more airplay on there throughout the week. And I was actually expecting that to happen. Now, hopefully this should be in the Top 20 soon.

I was actually expecting The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (-5) to take the biggest drop this week. And I'm sure this is going to be out of here within the next week or so, but we're gonna have to see because it's a new year next week, and we don't usually have exits on the first countdown of the new year.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Emmy Meli - I Am Woman: This is the only debut we have this week. And after listening to this song for the first time, I've found her yet to be another talented singer. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Emmy's vocals were super phenomenal, those lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Avril Lavigne - Bite Me: I'm so pleased to see this song come back to the countdown and into the Top 10 as well, which was amazing. But I don't think it'll go to the Top 5 though, but let's see how this one does in it's second run on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Adele - Easy On Me: I have a feeling that this song might be out of the Top 5 within the next week or so because we have picked up a new song from her. But it sure did had a nice time there. Though this would've been at the top spot because it's her. But maybe the next song should sometime soon.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: I'm so glad to see this song move up. But again I don't think this should be in the Top 3, but maybe it might. We're gonna have to see.

3. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: I'm fine with this song in the Top 3. Though I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot because it's him. But however, I'll still give credit to this song if it does. Let's see if it'll happen.

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: I'm super pleased to see it move back up to this spot, but again I don't think it's ever going to hit the top spot because of what was happening in there. Maybe it might drop out of here very soon.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 10th week in a row. Wow, what in the world has been going on with this song? This really has been doing super heavenly on there. Now we have 3 more weeks left for this song to tie the record. And I'm sure this is definitely going to happen.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

2. SZA - I Hate U

3. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

4. Austin George - Hands On You (DEBUT)

5. 24kgoldn - More Than Friends

6. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

8. Gayle - ABCDEFU

9. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

10. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

11. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

12. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

13. Latto - Big Energy

14. Monsta X - You Problem

15. Chloe - Have Mercy

16. Joshua Bassett - Crisis


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Austin George - Hands On You: This is just another decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about it. The production here is not really that great and I don't think Austin's vocals sound good either. But I think the chorus here was fine and the lyrics were still very nicely-written. But this is a decent song overall for me to listen to. Although I'm not sure if this should be on the countdown, but we're gonna have to see if it does this upcoming year.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It

29. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

27. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

26. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

25. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. Doja Cat - Need To Know

22. Walker Hayes - U Girl

21. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

20. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

19. Giveon - For Tonight

18. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

17. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

16. Adele - Oh My God

15. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

14. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

13. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

12. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

11. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

10. Gayle - ABCDEFU

9. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

5. Adele - Easy On Me

4. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

3. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame


Total Score: 134/150 = 89.3% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023