Ed Sheeran (8) Week Of December 11, 2021

So I've now turned 19 as of today. Gosh, it actually feels so great being that age. And now, I have one year left of my 10's and then next year I'll start in my 20's. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks good, but unfortunately we are back to having bad songs on there because of one of our debuts. But I'll get to that one later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Oliver Tree - Life Goes On [DTHNOBx2]

Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

Walker Hayes - Fancy Like

Twenty One Pilots - The Outside

Adele - Oh My God

Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#28)

#29. Gayle - ABCDEFU (DEBUT)

#28. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (DEBUT)

#27. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#24)

#26. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#26)

#25. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#19)

#24. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay (DEBUT)

#23. Walker Hayes - U Girl (#20)

#22. Giveon - For Tonight (#21)

#21. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me (#18)

#20. Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell (#13)

#19. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (DEBUT)

#18. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#17)

#17. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#16)

#16. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#15)

#15. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (DEBUT)

#14. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#14)

#13. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (DEBUT)

#12. Monsta X - One Day (#12)

#11. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#11)

#10. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#10)

#9. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#9)

#8. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#8)

#7. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#4)

#6. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#7)

#5. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#6)

#4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#5)

#3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#3)

#2. Adele - Easy On Me (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [8th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Golden (1 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Coldplay/BTS - My Universe, Justin Bieber - Ghost and Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (+1) were the only three songs that were moving up this week and they were tied for the shortest biggest jump this week, which I'm fine with. I wish it deserves more than that.

I'm not too thrilled to see Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell (-7) take the biggest drop this week. This does not deserve it! But I'm really hoping that it should move back up soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Gayle - ABCDEFU: The best countdown debut this week. I've actually been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And I know this song has also gone viral on TikTok lately. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Gayle's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, overall this is a phenomenal and fun song for me to listen to. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song was so awful and super annoying. This only has a few lines taking from the 2006 hit song and they repeated the same lines over and over and over again all throughout the whole song. And the production here does not fit very well with it either. But yeah, awful and annoying song for me to listen to. I'm really hoping this song does not do so well on there. NEXT!


Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay: This is definitely an outstanding song. But this is definitely not as good as Summer Of Love, but it's still outstanding. As for my opinion, the production was so outstanding, Shawn's vocals were super outstanding, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. And I'm sure this song is going to do amazing on there because it's him. I'm really hoping that it should happen.


Benson Boone - Ghost Town: He has finally made his first countdown appearance this week. As for as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But this is definitely not as good as Adam Lambert's song from 2015 with the same title, but it's still amazing. It even sounds like a Lewis Capaldi song, which was very interesting. As for my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Benson's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was super amazing. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit: Wow,  I actually didn't expect this song to be on there, but now here it is. As far as the song goes, it's such another amazing song and this is actually a step up from Working. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Tate's vocals were super amazing, those lyrics were actually so remarkable, and the chorus was super amazing. But yeah, this is definitely an amazing song for me to listen to. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good: The best countdown debut this week. He has finally made his big return on there. Now, the last time he was there was Ocean To Ocean with Rhea back in 2018, which was another Africa cover. And now, as for this new song, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Pitbull's rapping in the verses was so phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and Anthony's vocals in the chorus were super phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a super fun song for me to listen to. Hopefully it'll do phenomenal on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Justin Bieber - Ghost: I'm so glad to see this song debuting the Top 5. Although I'm not sure if it'll be in the Top 3, but let's see how long it could stay in there.

4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: I'm fine with this song moving up. However, I'll still give credit to it if it makes the Top 3 very soon.

3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: I know I've been waiting for weeks to let this song be at the top spot, but I'm sure this is going to leave the Top 5 and be out of here sometime soon.

2. Adele - Easy On Me: Gosh, how is this song still standing at this spot? But I'm sure this song might hang around at this spot because of what was going on at the top spot currently.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 8th week in a row. Now this song only needs 5 more weeks at the top spot to tie Sucker's record. Though I'm not sure if it's going to happen, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

2. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy (DEBUT)

3. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money

4. Monsta X - You Problem (DEBUT)

5. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay

7. SZA - I Hate U (DEBUT)

8. Gayle - ABCDEFU

9. Chloe - Have Mercy

10. Joshua Bassett - Crisis

11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - 2011

12. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It

13. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (DEBUT)

14. Sadie Jean - WYD Now (DEBUT)

15. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

16. Latto - Big Energy (DEBUT)

17. Benson Boone - Ghost Town


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy: This is also another decent song. Gosh, she really has been making lots and lots of decent songs lately mainly because my main issue about her music is her voice. I don't really love it. But yeah, she still sounds decent here, and everything else here is decent too. Although this song was actually a little bit of a step up from Happier Than Ever, but it's still decent overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Monsta X - You Problem: Wow, we picked up another new single from them? That's interesting! But I gotta say, this is also another decent song. Though this is a step up from One Day, but not by much. But this is still decent. The production here was actually so amazing, but again the vocals don't sound good here, and the chorus was decent as well. But the lyrics were still so nicely-written. But yeah, this is a decent song overall. Though I'm not sure if this should debut the countdown, but we're gonna have to see if it will soon.


SZA - I Hate U: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Good Days. As for my opinion, the production here was so phenomenal, SZA's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, phenomenal song overall for me to listen to. I'm really hoping that it should debut the countdown very soon.


Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA: So he has put out a new album that came out recently, which was great. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Juice's vocals were super amazing, Justin's vocals were so amazing in his contribution, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is an amazing song overall. Hopefully it should be on the countdown soon.


Sadie Jean - WYD Now: Wow, another TikToker making her debut on there? That's so amazing! As for this new song, this is definitely another phenomenal song. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Sadie's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was super amazing. And I'm sure this is going to debut the countdown very soon. This might be her first countdown appearance, but we don't know yet for sure. But hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Latto - Big Energy: This is also another amazing song. For my opinion, the production here was so amazing and it actually reminds me of Doja Cat - Say So because it sounds similar, but this is actually way better because Say So was decent for me. But other than that, Latto's vocals were super amazing especially her flow, and the lyrics were super nicely-written and I really enjoyed the chorus. But yeah, this is such a fun song for me to listen to overall. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)


3 - Decent:

28. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

27. Monsta X - One Day

26. Lil Nas X  - That's What I Want

25. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay

22. Doja Cat - Need To Know

21. Walker Hayes - U Girl

20. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

19. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

18. Giveon - For Tonight

17. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

16. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

15. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

14. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

13. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

12. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

11. Gayle - ABCDEFU

10. Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell

9. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

6. Adele - Easy On Me

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

4. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 137/150 = 91.3% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023