Ed Sheeran (9) Week Of December 18, 2021

So the year is almost over. Gosh, time sure is flying by so fast. And of course, Christmas is coming next week! Hopefully I get some great presents this year. Also, I do have some Year-End posts coming very soon. So look forward to that. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it looks okay. There has been a mixture of good and bad things happening on there. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Monsta X - One Day

Tai Verdes - Let's Go To Hell

Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money (DEBUT)

#29. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy (DEBUT)

#28. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (DEBUT)

#27. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay (#24)

#26. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#28)

#25. Walker Hayes - U Girl (#23)

#24. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#26)

#23. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#27)

#22. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#25)

#21. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#19)

#20. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#29)

#19. Giveon - For Tonight (#22)

#18. Adele - Oh My God (RE-ENTRY)

#17. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#14)

#16. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#13)

#15. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (#15)

#14. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#7)

#13. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#18)

#12. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#10)

#11. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#11)

#10. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#9)

#9. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#16)

#8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#17)

#7. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#6)

#6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#8)

#5. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#5)

#4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#4)

#3. Adele - Easy On Me (#2)

#2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#3)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [9th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Golden (2 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Gayle - ABCDEFU had the biggest jump this week because I know it has gone viral some more on TikTok recently. And what's also tied for the biggest jump was Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (+9) as it jumped to the Top 10 this week. I'm so pleased to see it do that.

Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (-7) took the biggest drop as it dropped out of the Top 10, which I actually didn't expect to happen. But I'm not too thrilled to see it. But I do have a feeling that this might be the end of it.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is another awful and garbage song. There's absolutely nothing good to say about this one. As for my opinion, the production and the vibe are very strange and bland, all of their vocals were extremely awful, those lyrics were definitely a huge mess and half of them are in Spanish and I don't understand what they're saying, and my gosh that chorus was absolutely grating. But yeah, this is an awful song overall. This better not do well on there. NEXT!


Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy: This is also another decent song. Though this song was actually a little bit of a step up from Happier Than Ever, but it's still decent. As for my opinion, the production here was decent, Billie's vocals were decent, and the chorus was decent. Though the lyrics here were actually very interesting, so I'll give credit to that. But this is still a decent song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA: This is the only great debut we have this week. And I know he has put out a new album that recently came out, which was actually interesting. As for this new song, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Juice's vocals were super amazing, Justin's vocals were so amazing in his contribution, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, amazing song overall. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Adele - Oh My God: It's so nice to see this song back on there. Now, I'm sure this song is going to do well on it's second run on there. Hopefully I'm right.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Justin Bieber - Ghost: Yeah, I'm not sure if this song should be in the Top 3, but maybe it'll stay in the Top 5 for a few weeks longer at the very least.

4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: Again I'm fine with this song still standing at this spot. Though I'm not sure if it'll actually make the Top 3, but once again I'll still give credit to it if it actually does.

3. Adele - Easy On Me: I actually don't want this song to drop, but I'm sure this is going to be out of the Top 3 sometime soon. Though it does have a lot of chances to be at the top spot, but unfortunately it just can't do it. But we do have another new single from her on there, and maybe this should be at the top spot. But we don't know yet for sure.

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to move up. But again I'm sure this is going to leave the Top 3 and out of the Top 5 very soon.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 9th week in a row. Now we are down to 4 more weeks to tying the record for the most weeks spent at the top spot. Though I'm sure this is going to happen because it's him. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

2. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It

3. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

4. Chloe - Have Mercy

5. Gayle - ABCDEFU

6. SZA - I Hate U

7. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

8. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

9. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

10. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

11. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

12. Joshua Bassett - Crisis

13. Latto - Big Energy

14. Monsta X - You Problem

15. 5 Seconds Of Summer - 2011

16. 24kgoldn - More Than Friends (DEBUT)

17. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


24kgoldn - More Than Friends: This is just another decent song. Although this song was actually a little bit of a step up from Mood, but it's still decent. There's nothing much here that's interesting to say about this song. Though the production here was actually so fun, but Goldn's vocals still don't sound good here and I think the chorus was decent. But the lyrics here were still very nicely-written. But this is another decent song overall for me to listen to. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It

29. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

27. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

26. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

25. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay

22. Doja Cat - Need To Know

21. Walker Hayes - U Girl

20. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

19. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

18. Giveon - For Tonight

17. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

16. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

15. Adele - Oh My God

14. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

13. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

12. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

11. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

10. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

9. Gayle - ABCDEFU

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

6. Adele - Easy On Me

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

4. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

TIE: 1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame

TIE: 1. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Total Score: 135/150 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023