AT40: Adele (5) Week Of January 8, 2022

This is the very first AT40 of 2022. I'm so excited to see what more new music we have on there this year. I'm really hoping we don't have any bad songs or any bad rap songs on there. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I think it's off to a pretty good start, although there are some good and bad stuff happening on there, but I'll get to all of those later on. But for now, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


WizKid/Tems - Essence

Monsta X - One Day

Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable Until Ur Dead

Drake/Future/Young Thug - Way 2 Sexy


Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Easy On Me

The Countdown:

#40. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#39)

#39. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#37)

#38. Trevor Daniel - Alone (#38)

#37. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#35)

#36. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (DEBUT)

#35. Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (#18)

#34. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#32)

#33. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#30)

#32. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#33)

#31. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On (#34)

#30. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#27)

#29. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (DEBUT)

#28. Giveon - For Tonight (#28)

#27. Chloe - Have Mercy (#29)

#26. Gayle - ABCDEFU (DEBUT)

#25. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#26)

#24. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#20)

#23. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#24)

#22. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (#23)

#21. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#22)

#20. Adele - Oh My God (DEBUT)

#19. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#19)

#18. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#21)

#17. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#15)

#16. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#17)

#15. Maneskin - Beggin (#11)

#14. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#16)

#13. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#7)

#12. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#14)

#11. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#13)

#10. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#8)

#9. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#12)

#8. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#10)

#7. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#9)

#6. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#3)

#5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#5)

#4. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#6)

#3. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#4)

#2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#2)

#1. Adele - Easy On Me (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (9 of 10 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Oliver Tree - Life Goes On, Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window and Justin Bieber - Ghost (+3) were all tied for a short biggest jump this week, and that I am good with. They sure has been gaining some airplay on the pop radio charts, so that's nice to see them do it.

I'm super mad about Coldplay/BTS - My Universe (-17) taking the biggest drop this week. You know that was my #1 song of 2021. But now that it's a brand new year, we have to find some more amazing songs that'll hopefully end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year coming next December.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen: Oh boy... we get to kick off the year with another bad rap song debuting on there? That's totally unacceptable. This was absolutely a horrible and garbage song. As for my opinion, the production was so awful, all of their vocals were so terrible especially in their verses, the lyrics were definitely a huge mess, and my gosh that chorus was so horrible. This is definitely going to end up in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year. So far we got one, and that was definitely not the best way to start the year. I'm hoping this doesn't become a hit on there which I'm sure it won't.


Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It: I seriously have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is another awful and garbage song and it is super annoying too. All they did was they took a few lines from the 2006 hit song and then they repeated the same lines over and over and over again all throughout the whole song and it really gets super annoying. And the production does not fit very well with the song either. So yeah, this is definitely an awful and annoying song for me. I'm hoping this does not become a hit on there either.


Gayle - ABCDEFU: The best debut this week. And I've actually been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation too. And I've also known that this song has gone viral on TikTok which was very interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Gayle's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. So yeah, overall it's phenomenal and fun and I'm really hoping that this should do so well on there.


Adele - Oh My God: Because of how Easy On Me is currently doing on there, this song has now made it's debut on there. As for this new song, it's definitely amazing. But definitely not as good as Easy On Me, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Adele's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is such an amazing song overall and I'm hoping that this should also become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and get in the Top 3. But I'm sure that it's going to be in there soon, maybe within the next couple weeks or so.

4. Glass Animals - Heat Waves: I'm super pleased to see this song make it's debut in the Top 5. This totally deserves it! Now, I'm really hoping that it should be in the Top 3 soon.

3. Doja Cat - Need To Know: I'm super glad to see this song in the Top 3. And I'm pretty sure that this song might  move up and get to the top spot soon, but we don't know yet. Let's see if it'll happen.

2. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: I'm glad that it's still at this spot, but I'm sure this is probably gonna leave the Top 3 within the next few weeks or so, but again we don't know yet and we're gonna see if it'll happen or not. Maybe it might stay in the Top 3 for a few more weeks longer.

1. Adele - Easy On Me: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. And this is our first #1 song of the new year on there, which was absolutely amazing. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Maneskin - Beggin

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. Adele - Oh My God

11. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

10. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

9. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

8. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

7. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

6. Adele - Easy On Me

5. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

4. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart


Total Score: 93/100 = 93% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023