AT40: Adele (7) Week Of January 22, 2022

The countdown still looks good, but we did get rid of my #1 song of last year and of course that will forever be missed even though it is already a new year. But other than that, we still have some more great stuff happening on there. I'll get to those later on in this post. but other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Coldplay/BTS - My Universe


Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Easy On Me

The Countdown:

#40. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (#40)

#39. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#38)

#38. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#37)

#37. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#35)

#36. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend (DEBUT)

#35. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#31)

#34. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (#34)

#33. Doja Cat - Woman (#39)

#32. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#33)

#31. BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame (#32)

#30. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On (#30)

#29. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#27)

#28. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#29)

#27. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#23)

#26. Chloe - Have Mercy (#26)

#25. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#28)

#24. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#25)

#23. Giveon - For Tonight (#24)

#22. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#21)

#21. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#22)

#20. Maneskin - Beggin (#17)

#19. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#20)

#18. Adele - Oh My God (#19)

#17. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#14)

#16. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#18)

#15. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#16)

#14. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#15)

#13. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#13)

#12. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#11)

#11. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#12)

#10. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#10)

#9. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#9)

#8. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#7)

#7. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#8)

#6. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#6)

#5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#5)

#4. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#3)

#3. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#2)

#2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#4)

#1. Adele - Easy On Me (#1) [7th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ariana Grande - Positions (1 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Doja Cat - Woman (+6) is starting to gain lots of airplay on the pop radio charts and it managed to take the biggest jump this week. I'm so pleased to see it do that. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 30 soon.

Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) and Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (-4) were tied for the biggest drop this week which I'm fine with because I know they have been around in there for a while. And I'm sure they're definitely going to be on their way out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend: First off, does anybody remember them? They brought us Walking a couple years ago, and this was a decent song for me from which you've remembered. As far as this new song goes, it's actually an amazing song and this is definitely a step up from Walking. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Bibi's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super amazing, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is amazing overall. Let's see how far this one should get.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: How on earth is this song still holding at this spot? I know it has been doing super amazing on the pop radio charts. But I'm sure it might be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Doja Cat - Need To Know: I actually knew somehow that it was going to drop. And I'm sure that this song might keep on dropping and be on it's way out of here.

3. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: Wow, I did not expect this song to drop. But at least it's still in the Top 3, so maybe it might stay at this spot for a few more weeks longer.

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves: I actually didn't think it was going to be in there, but there it is. But I'm sure that it's not going to hit the top spot, but we're gonna have to see.

1. Adele - Easy On Me: Holding the top spot for the 7th week in a row. Gosh, I feel like this song has been doing super amazing on there because it's the return of her. But I'm sure another song might hit the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Maneskin - Beggin

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. Adele - Oh My God

11. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

10. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

9. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

7. Gayle - ABCDEFU

6. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

5. Adele - Easy On Me

4. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart


Total Score: 93/100 = 93% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023