Ed Sheeran (12) Week Of January 8, 2022

I really hope everyone's been having an amazing first full week of 2022 because I sure did had a great one. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks pretty good, though there are some good and bad stuff happening on there once again. But again I'll get to those later, but other than that, I don't have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Unfortunately, there are no songs leaving the countdown this week. So, let's get right into the countdown.


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money (#30)

#29. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#29)

#28. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy (#27)

#27. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#24)

#26. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#25)

#25. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (#23)

#24. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (#17)

#23. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#28)

#22. Walker Hayes - U Girl (#26)

#21. Giveon - For Tonight (#20)

#20. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#21)

#19. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#14)

#18. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#22)

#17. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/Dj White Shadow - I Feel Good (#18)

#16. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#15)

#15. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#16)

#14. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me (#11)

#13. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (#13)

#12. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#10)

#11. Adele - Oh My God (#19)

#10. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#8)

#9. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#12)

#8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#7)

#7. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#9)

#6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#6)

#5. Adele - Easy On Me (#5)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#4)

#3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#3)

#2. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [12th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Golden (3 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad to see Adele - Oh My God (+8) take the biggest jump this week. And I'm sure this is definitely going to enter the Top 10 next week. Hopefully it'll happen.

I'm really not too thrilled to see Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor (-7) take the biggest drop and out of the Top 20. I know this was supposed to be a hit on there because it's her, but again all of her songs on there doesn't have to be a hit. And I'm sure this song is going to be out of here very soon.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Adele - Easy On Me: Wow, how is this song still in there? I actually thought that it was going to be out of here because I know it has been in there for a while. But again I'm sure this is definitely out of here next week, but we don't know yet for sure.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: Yeah, I think this spot should be it's peak. But again this might hit the Top 3 sometime soon, but maybe it might not. We're gonna have to see.

3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: I did not expect this song to still be in the Top 3. Though I'm never going to get sick of this song even though it's been on there for a while, because this was in my Top 3 Songs of last year. But I'm sure this is definitely leaving the Top 3 within the next week or so.

2. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: Yeah, I don't think this song is ever going to hit the top spot on there mainly because it's him and what was happening currently. And maybe this might drop sometime soon.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 12th week in a row. This song has now tied Hello, Shut Up And Dance and Shake It Off's record and now we have 1 more week to tie Sucker's record. This should definitely be the best way to kick off the year. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Shawn Mendes - It'll Be Okay

2. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (DEBUT)

3. Monsta X - You Problem

4. Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran - Peru (DEBUT)

5. Doja Cat - Woman (RE-ENTRY)

6. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

8. SZA - I Hate U

9. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

10. Gryffin/Jason Ross/Calle Lehmann - After You (DEBUT)

11. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

12. Latto - Big Energy

13. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (DEBUT)

14. 24kgoldn - More Than Friends

15. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

16. Chloe - Have Mercy


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


The Weeknd - Sacrifice: So they have recently released a new album yesterday and this was one of the songs that was on there. As for this new song, it's absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Bebe Rexha's song with the same title from last year when it was a Hit Bound dropout, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Abel's vocals were so phenomenal, I'm a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super amazing. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran - Peru: Wow, we have an artist from Nigeria collaborating with an artist from England and the title was a South American country? That's so interesting. And this song is actually another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Fireboy DML's vocals shine throughout the song, Ed's vocals were so phenomenal in his contribution, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super fun. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Doja Cat - Woman: This song has came back on there because it has now been positioned as the next single off of the album, and that I was so pleased to see. I'm really hoping that this should have another chance to make the countdown.


Gryffin/Jason Ross/Calle Lehmann - After You: This is absolutely another amazing EDM song. I've actually known him before this one, because I've been listening to some of his other songs and I thought they were so amazing. And now, we have this one. For my opinion on this one, the production was super outstanding, the vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, the chorus was so amazing, and the drop was super amazing. Though I'm not sure if this should be on the countdown, but I'm sure hoping it does.


Imagine Dragons - Enemy: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. And Hits 1 did edit out J.I.D.'s verse, and that I'm fine with. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Dan's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal and they're definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. I'm really hoping that it should be on the countdown within the next week or so.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It

29. Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

27. Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

26. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

25. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Justin Bieber - Ghost

23. Doja Cat - Need To Know

22. Walker Hayes - U Girl

21. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

20. The Kid Laroi/Justin  Bieber - Stay

19. Giveon - For Tonight

18. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

17. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

16. Adele - Oh My God

15. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

14. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

13. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

12. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

11. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

10. Gayle - ABCDEFU

9. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

5. Adele - Easy On Me

4. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

3. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame


Total Score: 133/150 = 88.6% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023