Ed Sheeran (13) Week Of January 15, 2022

The countdown looks super amazing this week because we did get rid of one piece of trash after two weeks of having no exits which was amazing. And we also have some more amazing debuts this week and that of course I'll get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis - Sad Girlz Luv Money


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#26)

#29. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head (#27)

#28. SZA - I Hate U (DEBUT)

#27. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#29)

#26. Sadie Jean - WYD Now (DEBUT)

#25. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#23)

#24. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#18)

#23. Doja Cat - Woman (DEBUT)

#22. Walker Hayes - U Girl (#22)

#21. Giveon - For Tonight (#21)

#20. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#20)

#19. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (#25)

#18. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#16)

#17. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#19)

#16. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#15)

#15. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (#13)

#14. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#17)

#13. Adele - Oh My God (#11)

#12. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#12)

#11. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me (#14)

#10. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#9)

#9. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#10)

#8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#8)

#7. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#6)

#6. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#7)

#5. Adele - Easy On Me (#5)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#4)

#3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#3)

#2. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#2)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1) [13th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters (3 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad about Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (+6) jump to the Top 20 and see it gain more airplay. What a week for them!

I'm fine with Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (-6) take the biggest drop. Though I'm sure this song is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


SZA - I Hate U: The best countdown debut this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from Good Days. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, SZA's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of and they're actually pretty phenomenal, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, overall it's a phenomenal song for me to listen to. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Sadie Jean - WYD Now: She has finally made her first countdown appearance after being labeled as the One To Watch. And of course she's another TikToker, and I thought she was so amazing. I actually thought she did a phenomenal job on her videos on there. And now, as for this new song, it's also phenomenal. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Sadie's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Doja Cat - Woman: This is also another phenomenal song and this was actually a step up from Need To Know. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this one back when it debuted the AT40 this week. The production was super amazing, Doja's vocals were so phenomenal, those lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal and fun song overall for me to listen to. I'm really hoping that this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Adele - Easy On Me: Wow, what was I thinking that it was going to leave the Top 5 this week? Maybe it's because everybody likes her. But I do know it has been in there for a while.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: Yeah, I'm sure this song is probably gonna hold at this spot or maybe it might start dropping. But we're still gonna have to see if it'll hit the Top 3, because again maybe it might do it.

3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart: I was also thinking that it was going to leave the Top 3 this week. But no, it's still there. Maybe it's because it's a popular 70's artist and everybody likes him and his old music.

2. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: Or maybe this song was actually standing at this spot for long maybe because it's waiting to be at the top spot. But again I don't think it's ever going to be in there because it's him.

1. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: Holding the top spot for the 13th week in a row. This song has now officially tied Sucker's record and the all-time record for most weeks spent at the top spot. But can it break the record next week? We're gonna have to find out.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Gryffin/Jason Ross/Calle Lehmann - After You

2. Tai Verdes - Last Day On Earth (DEBUT)

3. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

4. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

5. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

6. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

7. Jaymes Young - Infinity (DEBUT)

8. Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran - Peru

9. Daisy The Great/AJR - Record Player (RE-ENTRY)

10. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (DEBUT)

11. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

12. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

13. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me (DEBUT)

14. Maren Morris - Circles Around This Town (DEBUT)

15. Latto - Big Energy

16. The Walters - I Love You So (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Tai Verdes - Last Day On Earth: This is absolutely an amazing song and this is actually a step up from Let's Go To Hell. As for my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Tai's vocals were super amazing, it has some very interesting lyrics and they're also so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is amazing overall. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Jaymes Young - Infinity: Wow, what is with all those songs that were from 2017 that actually made their debut on Hits 1 recently. I know Beggin and the horrible Love Tonight were both from that year and then they debuted last year on there. And now we have this one, and it's actually an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Jaymes's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were very interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Daisy The Great/AJR - Record Player: I'm so pleased to see this song come back to there. I actually didn't think it was going to happen but it did. Now, I'm really hoping that this song should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed: I've actually known her before this song was released because I know I have been watching American Idol while she was on there and I actually thought that she has an amazing voice. And now, here she is making her debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Lauren's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This was absolutely a heavenly song and this is definitely a step up from Bite Me. As for my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Avril's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super duper nicely-written, the chorus was super heavenly, and Blackbear's vocals in his verse were absolutely phenomenal. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. I'm really hoping this should happen.


Maren Morris - Circles Around This Town: I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. This was absolutely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from The Bones. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Maren's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should make the countdown soon and do better than the Highway Hot 30 on there if it does.


The Walters - I Love You So: This song was actually from 2014 and it has debuted on there this week. Gosh, what is going on with those old songs that were recently debuting on there? I know they're too old for Hits 1, but sometimes it happens. But I gotta say, this song isn't actually a great song. It's just decent. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this one. Though the production here is a bit strange but the vocals were fine, though the chorus was just a few lines repeated multiple times here and it's annoying. But the lyrics here were still very nicely-written, so I'll give credit to that. But this is a decent song overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Justin Bieber - Ghost

25. Doja Cat - Need To Know

24. Walker Hayes - U Girl

23. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

22. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

21. Giveon - For Tonight

20. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

19. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

18. Adele - Oh My God

17. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

16. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

15. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

14. Jonas Brothers - Who's In Your Head

13. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

12. Gayle - ABCDEFU

11. Doja Cat - Woman

10. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

9. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Adele - Easy On Me

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

4. SZA - I Hate U

3. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

2. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023