Year-End Special: Billie Eilish - Year Of 2021

So Hits 1 has counted down their Top 30 Songs of the year. It sure has been an interesting year for music on there. And this is the first full year with the countdown being 30 songs. I actually like it when the countdown had 30 songs instead of 45 better, because it is much more shorter. And just like every radio station at the end of every year, they count down their Top 30 songs of the year based off of airplay. So now, I'm gonna go through their year-end list and I'm going to show my opinions and thoughts on every song on this list like I always do. Now, every week since there's 30 songs, I usually do a Top 30 Review at the end of every post (except for the AT40). And for this Year-End list, I'm gonna be doing it again just to make sure what grade Hits 1 had with music this year with one of the following areas:


Crap (0 Points)

Bad (1 Point)

Mediocre (2 Points)

Decent (3 Points)

Good (4 Points)

Great (5 Points)


Again it's very similar to a Top 20 Review which I've done back when there's 45 songs on there, but this time it has 30 songs just to see how Hits 1 did with music this year. The total score will come out of 150, which I'm going to convert so that the score could be out of 100. They'll also be coordinated with a different color for each rank. There will be some minor changes that way every rank should be in a different color. So here's the color-coding code for this list:


Red = Crap

Turquoise = Bad

Yellow = Mediocre

Pink = Decent

Blue = Good

Green = Great


Purple and orange will also be on this rank for the best and worst songs on this list, and dark blue and dark red will also be on this rank for my Top 5 and Bottom 5 picks. Now, let's get to this year-end list. Remember, the parenthetical number for each song means that this song has reached it's peak. Not every song that peaked in the Top 10 has to be on this list, but a lot of them are. Now, we're ready to get to this year-end list. But before we get to the year-end list, here are last year's Top 5 songs.


5. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

4. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

3. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

2. Post Malone - Circles

1. Harry Styles - Adore You


Now, here are the Top 30 Songs of 2021 according to Hits 1.


#30. BTS - Butter (#8) [5; Great]

Wow, we get to start off the list with a K-Pop song? That is so interesting. And this is actually their first appearance on this list as well. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a super amazing song. As for my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, the vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written and what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was absolutely phenomenal. But yeah, this is a super amazing K-Pop song overall for me to listen to and I'm glad it managed to make it in there.


#29. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#7) [3; Decent]

After having a great start in his career this year, we now have a song that has made it in there. But I gotta say, this is a decent song. There's nothing much here that's interesting to say about it. Although the Miley Cyrus remix was actually on the same level as the original one, which is what we're talking about. Now, on to my opinion. The production here was actually great, and the lyrics were fine. But again, this guy's vocals are what I'm not really huge on. But this is not a bad song, but it's still not that great. But I'm fine with this song in there.


#28. Ariana Grande - Positions (#2) [5; Great]

This song was actually in my Top 3 Songs of last year from which you remembered. And as what I said before, this was definitely her best song ever. It's absolutely way better than all of her other songs. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a super heavenly song. As for my opinion, the production was super heavenly, Ariana's vocals were extremely heavenly, the lyrics were super heavenly, and the chorus was extremely heavenly. But yeah, overall it's a super heavenly song ands this really deserves to be in there.


#27. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (#7) [5; Great]

After a long while, Bruno Mars has finally made his return on this list. Now, the last time he was on there was back in 2017 when 24K Magic and That's What I Like made it. And now, here he is back in there, but this time in a group. As far as the song goes, this is also an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was absolutely amazing, Bruno's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was super phenomenal, and Anderson .Paak's verse was so amazing. But yeah, amazing song overall and I'm so pleased to see it in there.


#26. Dua Lipa - Love Again (#3) [5; Great]

This is absolutely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from We're Good. And she really has been having quite an amazing year for her career here on Hits 1 because she actually has three songs on there. Let's start with this one. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Dua's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written and they're definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, this is a phenomenal song overall and this really deserves to be in there.


#25. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#3) [5; Great]

I actually felt weird how Hits 1 picked the original one and not the Ariana remix, because I do know the remix was at #1 on the Hot 100 and they actually played the original at the time it was doing so good on the countdown. So that's why they picked this version. As far as the song goes, it's such another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Abel's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and that chorus was so heavenly. So yeah, overall it's a phenomenal song and I'm so pleased to see it in there.


#24. Ariana Grande - POV (#4) [5; Great]

Or maybe that might be another reason why they chose the original version of Save Your Tears just so that way they won't play 2 Ariana songs back to back. But anyways. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing. But definitely not as good as Positions or 34 + 35, but it's still amazing. For my opinion on this one, the production was absolutely amazing, Ariana's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was definitely what I stand for. But yeah, amazing song overall and I'm super glad to see it in there.


#23. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#2) [3; Decent]

Yes, this is just a decent song. You know, he really has not been that good of an artist. I know Old Town Road is the reason why I do not like him and of course that song ended in my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2019 from which you've remembered. But now, his music is starting to get a little better but still not great yet mainly because of him. But let's get to my opinion. The production with all those horns actually sounded amazing, but Lil Nas X's vocals do not sound good here. But Jack's vocals in his contribution were actually so amazing. But other than that, the lyrics were still very nicely-written and the chorus sounded fine. So yeah, this is decent overall and I'm fine with this song on there.


#22. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#1, 2 Weeks) [5; Great]

We finally have our first ever #1 song to make this year-end list. As far as the song goes, this is also an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Love Again or Levitating, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was absolutely amazing, Dua's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and I definitely stand for the chorus. But yeah, this is absolutely an amazing song overall and I'm so pleased it managed to be on there.


#21. Jax - 90's Kids (#12) [5; Great]

I was actually surprised that Hits 1 picked up a One To Watch song that made it on this list. That is so interesting how they do that. Anyway. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. As for my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Jax's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were super interesting and very nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. So yeah, this is definitely an amazing and fun song overall and I'm super glad to see it in there.


#20. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#1, 6 Weeks) [5; Great]

One of the biggest songs on TikTok this year as it has been trending for long. And this was actually the only song I liked from him so far. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing and this is definitely a huge step up from Without You. With my opinion, the production was so fun, The Kid Laroi's vocals were actually amazing and he sounds way better than in her other songs, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and Justin's vocals in the chorus were so amazing. But yeah, this is definitely a fun song overall and I'm glad to see it rank in the Top 20 on there.


#19. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (#9) [5; Great]

He has finally made his first appearance on this year-end list, which was absolutely amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing and fun rap song. As for my opinion, the production was super interesting, Masked Wolf's rapping sounded so amazing and he flows very nicely throughout the entire song, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. But yeah, this is absolutely a fun song overall for me to listen to and I'm so pleased that it managed to be on this list.


#18. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#1, 5 Weeks) [5; Great]

This was actually the lead single from his album and thank goodness it has become a hit on there. Now, as for this song, it's definitely another amazing song and this is actually a step up from Afterglow. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Ed's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so amazing, the chorus was so amazing, everything on this song was so amazing. So yeah, this is absolutely an amazing song overall and this really deserves to be on there.


#17. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday (#2) [5; Great]

This is the very first song that's in my Top 10 Songs of the year to appear on this list. Now, as you all remembered, this song landed at #5 on my Top 10 Songs of the year. As for this song, it's definitely a heavenly song and this is definitely the best song I've ever heard from them. It's way better than all of their other songs. And I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation and this actually did so well on the Alt-18 this year. Now, let's get to my opinion. The production was so heavenly, Tyler's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of and they're absolutely heavenly, and that chorus was extremely heavenly. So yeah, this is absolutely a heavenly song overall. Too bad this didn't hit #1, but I'm still super pleased to see this song on this list.


#16. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#1, 1 Week) [5; Great]

After having an amazing start in her career of music this year, we have picked up a song from her that made it on this list. Not only that, but we have 3 songs from her that all become hits on there, which was actually very interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Olivia's vocals were very phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus was super phenomenal. So yeah, phenomenal song overall and I'm so pleased to see it on there.


#15. AJR - Way Less Sad (#3) [5; Great]

This song has landed at #4 on my Top 10 Songs of the year which you've all remembered. As for this song, it's absolutely a super heavenly song and this is definitely their best song ever. It's definitely a huge step up from Bang and all of their other songs. With my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Jack's vocals were absolutely heavenly, the lyrics were heavenly, and the chorus was super heavenly. So yeah, super heavenly song overall and this really deserves to be on this list.


#14. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#1, 9 Weeks) [5; Great]

What the... how did it go this far on this list? It debuted at #26 and then got to #1 on it's second week on there. That was pretty weird how it did that. But anyway, this has got to be the best song out of all the 3 hits she had on there. As far as the song goes, it's also a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Deja Vu. For my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Olivia's vocals were super phenomenal, those lyrics were absolutely phenomenal, and that chorus was so heavenly. So yeah, this is a phenomenal song overall and it really deserves to be in there, although this should've ranked higher than that, but I'm still pleased that it made it on this list.


#13. Taylor Swift - Willow (#1, 4 Weeks) [5; Great]

This was actually the lead single of her album Evermore and I'm pleased that it has become a hit as well. Anyway. As for this song, it's definitely an amazing song and this is definitely a step up from Cardigan. Now, for my opinion, the production sounded super amazing, Taylor's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super amazing, and the chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, this is such an amazing song for me to listen to overall and I'm so pleased that it made it in there.


#12. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (#2) [5; Great]

This is definitely an amazing EDM song. And I was actually surprised that this song has actually ranked higher than Good 4 U on this list because it actually got blocked by it from getting to #1 which I wish it shouldn't have. Anyway. Like what I said, it's an amazing EDM song. But definitely not as good as Be Kind, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, both Nick and Joe sounded so amazing, the lyrics were pretty phenomenal, the chorus was super amazing, and the drop was so phenomenal. But yeah, overall it's such an amazing song and I'm pleased to see it on there.


#11. Harry Styles - Golden (#1, 4 Weeks) [5; Great]

Yes, this is one of the 4 songs from Fine Line that has become a hit on there. I know he has been having an amazing success last year with music. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and this is actually a step up from Adore You, Watermelon Sugar and Falling. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Harry's vocals were phenomenal, I really love the lyrics, and that chorus was super amazing. But yeah, it's such an amazing song overall and this really deserves to be in there.


#10. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#1, 4 Weeks) [5; Great]

Yes, this was her debut single after making some songs that were associated with Disney musicals. And this was actually her first ever hit. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and such a nice ballad. As for my opinion on this one, the piano sounded so amazing, Olivia's vocals were absolutely phenomenal, the lyrics are very nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. But yeah, this is an amazing piano-ballad and fun song overall and I'm pleased to see it rank in the Top 10 on there.


#9. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#2) [3; Decent]

And here we go again with another single from him that just ranked in the Top 10... although his music is currently not as bad as what he did in the start of his career, but it's still not great. This is also another decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this song. With my opinion, the production was actually super amazing, but again Lil Nas X's vocals still don't sound good here. But the chorus here was decent and I think the lyrics are still very nicely-written. But this is decent overall and I'm fine with this song ranking this high on there.


#8. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too (#3) [5; Great]

This was also in my Top 10 Songs of the year, ranking at #10 from which you've remembered. And as what I said on my Top 10 Songs post, this is definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from My Ex's Best Friend. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, MGK's vocals were super phenomenal in the verses, the lyrics were so phenomenal, and Halsey's vocals were pretty heavenly in the chorus. So yeah, this is definitely a phenomenal song overall and this is definitely his best song ever. And I'm super pleased to see this song rank this high on there.


#7. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#2) [5; Great]

This was actually the first song that I've ever liked from her. I know last year when she had Say So and Like That, they were decent. And now, as for this song, it is definitely a much better song. And this is absolutely a phenomenal song as well. And with my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Doja's vocals were pretty amazing, SZA's vocals were absolutely phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and that chorus is what I fell in love with. So yeah, overall it's such a fun song and I'm so pleased to see it rank this high on there.


#6. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#6) [5; Great]

This was another Top 10 song of the year for me, and this one ranked at #7. And this was actually their first ever appearance on this year-end list, which was absolutely amazing. And I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation as well. And this song has been doing super duper amazing on the Alt-18 this year, and that I was super pleased to see. As for this song, it's absolutely a heavenly alt-pop song. For my opinion, the production was very heavenly, the vocals were absolutely heavenly, the lyrics were super phenomenal, and the chorus was super heavenly. But yeah, this is absolutely a heavenly song overall and I'm super pleased to see it in there.


#5. Dua Lipa - Levitating (#1, 3 Weeks) [5; Great]

It is interesting that every pop radio station (including Hits 1) has completely abandoned the DaBaby remix of the song, which I'm fine with because I actually like the original version better. Though DaBaby did sound so much better in his verse in the remix, so I'll give credit to that. But as for the original one, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Dua's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was extremely heavenly. So yeah, this is such a super fun song overall and I'm so pleased to see it rank in the Top 5 on there.


#4. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#2) [5; Great]

This was actually his return single after 4 long years. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But again not as good as Forget Me Too, but it's still phenomenal. As for my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, MGK's vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was definitely what I stand for, and Blackbear's vocals were super amazing in his verse. I get that the fact that this was actually a rock song, and he actually sounds so much better in this type of music. So yeah, this is a phenomenal song overall and I'm so pleased to see it in the Top 5 on there.


#3. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#4) [5; Great]

Wow, I did not expect this song to rank this high on there. But I'm surprised that it actually ranked in the Top 3 on this list when it didn't hit the Top 3 on the actual countdown. Though it does feel weird to me, but I'm still glad that it's in there. But anyway. As for this song, it's definitely an amazing song. And I know this song has actually came from TikTok last year, which was interesting. But let's get to my opinion. The production was absolutely amazing, Tate's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, amazing song overall and I'm super glad to see this song rank in the Top 3 on there.


#2. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters (#1, 4 Weeks) [5; Great]

This was actually ranked as my #1 song of last year which you've remembered. Though I've actually heard the original version on Alt Nation a lot last year. But the remix with Demi was actually on the same level as the original one. As far  as the song goes, it's definitely an extremely heavenly song and this was actually their best song that I've ever heard. It's way better than all of their other songs. For my opinion, the production was extremely heavenly, the vocals were extremely heavenly, Demi's vocals were extremely heavenly in her contribution, the lyrics were extremely heavenly, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and Blackbear's vocals were extremely heavenly in his verse. Everything on this song was extremely heavenly. But yeah, this is such an extremely heavenly alt-pop song overall and I'm super pleased to see it rank in the Top 3 on there.


#1. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#3) [3; Decent]

Huh, I totally did not expect this song to be the biggest song of the year when it didn't hit the top spot on the countdown. But you know what? I'm fine with that, because this is a decent song. Though there isn't really anything interesting to say about this song. Although the production here actually sounded so good, but Billie's vocals were not great, but they're decent. And other than that, the chorus here was also decent, but I think the lyrics here were still very interesting. But this is decent overall and I'm actually fine with this song being the biggest song of the year. I'll still give credit to that.


And there you have it. Those were my opinions on every song on this year-end list. And now, I'm going to do my Top 30 Review to see how Hits 1 did with music throughout the year. Now, I usually do a Top 30 Review at the end of every weekend countdown post. And this time, I'm going to be doing it again. So now, I'm going to be ranking the entire countdown based on the six ranks.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

30. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

29. The Kid Laroi - Without You

28. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

27. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

25. Harry Styles - Golden

24. Ariana Grande - POV

23. Taylor Swift - Willow

22. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

21. Jax - 90's Kids

20. Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me

19. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

18. BTS - Butter

17. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

16. Dua Lipa - We're Good

15. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

14. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

13. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

12. Dua Lipa - Levitating

11. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

10. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu

9. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More

8. Dua Lipa - Love Again

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

6. Ariana Grande - Positions

5. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters

4. Machine Gun Kelly/Halsey - Forget Me Too

3. Glass Animals - Heat Waves

2. Twenty One Pilots - Saturday


6 - Best Song Of The Year:

1. AJR - Way Less Sad


Total Score: 143/150 = 95.3% (A) [Great]


And that's all I have to say about it. I really hope you guys enjoyed reading this post. Overall, Hits 1 had a 95.3% in music this year, which was absolutely amazing. And we also have no bad songs on this year-end list, and that I was so pleased about. But yeah, it sure has been an amazing year overall with music and I'm really hoping that 2022 will be another amazing year with music. Once again, I really hope you enjoyed reading this post. Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have about this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023