AT40: Doja Cat (1) Week Of February 12, 2022

So the Super Bowl is this weekend. The Los Angeles Rams and the Cincinnati Bengals are going to be playing in it this time. I'm really looking forward to watching it. I'm pulling for the Rams to win it. I'm also looking forward to see Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar's performances during the halftime show. Hopefully they'll all do amazing and I hope they could perform some of their old songs. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting. We do have yet another brand new #1 song on there, and that I'll get to later like I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Oliver Tree - Life Goes On

Charli XCX - Good Ones

Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu


Last Week's #1 Song: Glass Animals - Heat Waves

The Countdown:

#40. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (DEBUT)

#39. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#38)

#38. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (DEBUT)

#37. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#20)

#36. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#34)

#35. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone (#37)

#34. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend (#35)

#33. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#33)

#32. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#30)

#31. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (#32)

#30. Maneskin - Beggin (#27)

#29. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#31)

#28. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (DEBUT)

#27. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#36)

#26. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#25)

#25. Latto - Big Energy (#28)

#24. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#26)

#23. Chloe - Have Mercy (#24)

#22. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#21)

#21. Giveon - For Tonight (#23)

#20. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#16)

#19. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#22)

#18. Doja Cat - Woman (#19)

#17. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#18)

#16. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#17)

#15. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#15)

#14. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#9)

#13. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#13)

#12. Adele - Oh My God (#14)

#11. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#11)

#10. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#10)

#9. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#8)

#8. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#12)

#7. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#5)

#6. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#7)

#5. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#6)

#4. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#4)

#3. Adele - Easy On Me (#2)

#2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#1)

#1. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ariana Grande - Positions (4th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (+9) gain lots of airplay on the pop radio charts and for managing to take the biggest jump this week. This really deserves it! Now hopefully this should go to the Top 20 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (-17) taking the biggest drop. But I do know it has started to lose some airplay so I'm sure this is going to be out of here within the next week or so.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA: He has put out a new album that came out a couple months ago and I thought that it was actually amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Juice's vocals were super amazing, Justin's vocals were so amazing in his contribution, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is amazing overall. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Emmy Meli - I Am Woman: The best debut this week. And after giving this song a listen for the first time, I've actually found her yet to be another talented singer. And now, here she is making her first appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Emmy's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should do phenomenal on there.


Charlie Puth - Light Switch: He has finally made his big return on there since his collaboration with Gabby Barrett on the remix of her hit song I Hope from 2 years ago. As for this new song, it's definitely another amazing song. For my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Charlie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus is what I really enjoyed. I'm really hoping that this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: I'm fine with this song debuting the Top 5 this week. Although I'm not sure if this should be in the Top 3, but we're gonna have to see.

4. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: I'm sure this song has been enjoying it's stay in the Top 5 mainly because of how well it did. Though I'm sure this song is probably gonna stay in there for a few more weeks longer.

3. Adele - Easy On Me: I actually did not expect this song to drop. And I'm sure this song is going to stay in the Top 3 for a while. Let's see how long it'll stay in there.

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves: It dropped out of the top spot. But it sure did had an amazing time in there last week. But I'm sure this is going to start dropping and be on it's way out of here soon.

1. Doja Cat - Need To Know: Wow, I totally didn't expect it to be in there. And now this is her 3rd #1 song on there, which was amazing. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

18. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

17. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

16. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

15. Justin Bieber - Ghost

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. Adele - Oh My God

11. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

10. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

9. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

7. Gayle - ABCDEFU

6. Doja Cat - Woman

5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

4. Adele - Easy On Me

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart


Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023