AT40: Glass Animals (1) Week Of February 5, 2022

So we are now officially in the month of February. Gosh, time sure does fly by. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so phenomenal. We do have another brand new #1 song on there this week, and of course I'll get to that later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


BBNO$/Rich Brain - Edamame

Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me


Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Easy On Me

The Countdown:

#40. Olivia Rodrigo - Deja Vu (#38)

#39. Charli XCX - Good Ones (#39)

#38. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#36)

#37. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone (DEBUT)

#36. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (DEBUT)

#35. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend (#35)

#34. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#30)

#33. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#22)

#32. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (#33)

#31. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#31)

#30. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#26)

#29. Oliver Tree - Life Goes On (#29)

#28. Latto - Big Energy (#32)

#27. Maneskin - Beggin (#24)

#26. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#27)

#25. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#19)

#24. Chloe - Have Mercy (#25)

#23. Giveon - For Tonight (#23)

#22. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#37)

#21. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#17)

#20. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#20)

#19. Doja Cat - Woman (#28)

#18. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#21)

#17. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#18)

#16. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (#12)

#15. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#16)

#14. Adele - Oh My God (#15)

#13. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#14)

#12. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#13)

#11. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#11)

#10. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#10)

#9. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#8)

#8. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#9)

#7. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#7)

#6. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#6)

#5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#4)

#4. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#3)

#3. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#5)

#2. Adele - Easy On Me (#1)

#1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ariana Grande - Positions (3 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased that The Weeknd - Sacrifice (+15) has been gaining lots and lots of airplay on the pop radio charts this week and managed to take a huge big jump this week. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

I really am not too thrilled about Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (-11) taking the biggest drop. This does not deserve it! Although I do know it's starting to lose airplay so I'm sure this is gonna be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone: The best debut this week. It's definitely a heavenly EDM song and this is definitely the best song I've ever heard from him. It's definitely a huge step up from Midnight and all of his other songs. As for my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Katy's vocals were super heavenly, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and that chorus was super heavenly and I fell in love with it. But yeah, overall it's a heavenly song. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed: Before this song was released, I've been watching her perform on American Idol and I actually thought that she has an amazing voice. And now, here she is with her first appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. The production was so phenomenal, Lauren's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see if this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers: No! This does not deserve to drop. Come on I don't really want this song to leave the Top 5. This needs to be in the Top 3! But I don't think it's ever going to happen though.

4. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay: I actually did not expect this song to leave the Top 3. But maybe this song should stay in the Top 5 for a little bit longer. But we're gonna have to see.

3. Doja Cat - Need To Know: I actually did not expect this song to be back in the Top 3. But once again I'm not sure if this is going to be at the top spot, but again we're gonna have to see.

2. Adele - Easy On Me: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really did had an amazing run in there since it was the big return of her. And I'm sure this is going to stay in the Top 3 for a while.

1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves: Wow, I didn't think it was going to be at the top spot at all. But thankfully it did! And this is now their first ever #1 song on there. Though this song was in my Top 10 Songs of last year, so I'm super pleased to see this song in there. Let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

18. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

17. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

16. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

15. Justin Bieber - Ghost

14. Doja Cat - Need To Know

13. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

12. Adele - Oh My God

11. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

10. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

9. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

8. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

7. Gayle - ABCDEFU

6. Doja Cat - Woman

5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

4. Adele - Easy On Me

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart


Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023