AT40: Glass Animals (2) Week Of February 19, 2022

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I thought that it went amazing. I had an amazing time watching it. It was a blast. The Rams won that one 23-20. Though the Bengals did do so well in the 3rd quarter with a 7-point lead until the Rams come back to win it with less than 2 minutes left of the game. And I'm so pleased to see Matthew Stafford getting his first Super Bowl win. He really deserves it! And I thought Mickey Guyton did an amazing job on the national anthem. I thought she sounded so phenomenal. And Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar did an amazing job on the halftime show. They even brought 50 Cent and Anderson .Paak along in some of the songs which was amazing. But yeah, it sure was fun watching it. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super amazing. There has been lots of amazing stuff happening on there this week. But I'll get to those later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good


Last Week's #1 Song: Doja Cat - Need To Know

The Countdown:

#40. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#39)

#39. SZA - I Hate U (DEBUT)

#38. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (#40)

#37. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#36)

#36. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#33)

#35. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#38)

#34. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#32)

#33. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend (#34)

#32. Maneskin - Beggin (#30)

#31. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone (#35)

#30. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (#31)

#29. The Chainsmokers - High (DEBUT)

#28. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#29)

#27. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#26)

#26. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#15)

#25. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#24)

#24. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#22)

#23. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#27)

#22. Chloe - Have Mercy (#23)

#21. Latto - Big Energy (#25)

#20. Giveon - For Tonight (#21)

#19. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#16)

#18. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#28)

#17. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#17)

#16. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#14)

#15. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#19)

#14. Doja Cat - Woman (#18)

#13. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#11)

#12. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#13)

#11. Adele - Oh My God (#12)

#10. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#10)

#9. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#9)

#8. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#4)

#7. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#8)

#6. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#7)

#5. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#6)

#4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#5)

#3. Adele - Easy On Me (#3)

#2. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#1)

#1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#2) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (1st and only week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Charlie Puth - Light Switch (+10) had the biggest jump this week as it jumped to the Top 20. I'm so pleased to see it do that. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

I'm fine with Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (-11) taking the biggest drop. Because I know it has been around in there for a while. And I'm sure this song is now officially on it's way out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


SZA - I Hate U: The best debut this week. This is absolutely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from Good Days. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, SZA's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of those lyrics and they're actually pretty phenomenal, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, overall it's such a phenomenal song for me to listen to. Hopefully this should do well on there.


The Chainsmokers - High: They have now made their return on there after some of their previous songs did not do so well on the pop radio charts. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Andrew's vocals were so amazing, those lyrics were so nice, and the chorus was super amazing, Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Justin Bieber - Ghost: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see this song in there, but I'm not sure if this should be in the Top 3. But maybe it might because it's him. We're gonna have to find out.

4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: Well, it's moving up. Although I'll still be fine if it hits the Top 3 within the next week or so. Let's see if it happens.

3. Adele - Easy On Me: Yeah I'm sure this song is going to be hanging around in the Top 3 for a while because of how well it did. Let's see how ling it will last.

2. Doja Cat - Need To Know: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really did had a nice time in there last week. And now I'm sure this song is definitely going to be on it's way out of here.

1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves: I actually did not expect this song to come back to the top spot, but I'm super pleased that it's back! Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot even more.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Doja Cat - Need To Know

14. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

13. Giveon - For Tonight

12. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

11. Adele - Oh My God

10. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

9. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

7. Gayle - ABCDEFU

6. Doja Cat - Woman

5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

4. Adele - Easy On Me

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023