AT40: Lil Nas X (1) Week Of February 26, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still does not look bad, but we did get rid of a song that was in my Top 3 Songs of last year which will forever be missed. And we also have another brand new #1 song which wasn't that good. But I'll get to that later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame


Last Week's #1 Song: Glass Animals - Heat Waves

The Countdown:

#40. Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) (#40)

#39. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (DEBUT)

#38. Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (#37)

#37. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (DEBUT)

#36. Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA (#38)

#35. Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (#34)

#34. SZA - I Hate U (#39)

#33. Maneskin - Beggin (#32)

#32. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend (#33)

#31. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#35)

#30. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (#30)

#29. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone (#31)

#28. Doja Cat/The Weeknd - You Right (#27)

#27. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#19)

#26. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#28)

#25. Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (#24)

#24. Ckay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (#25)

#23. Chloe - Have Mercy (#22)

#22. The Chainsmokers - High (#29)

#21. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#23)

#20. Giveon - For Tonight (#20)

#19. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (#16)

#18. Latto - Big Energy (#21)

#17. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#17)

#16. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#18)

#15. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#15)

#14. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#9)

#13. Doja Cat - Woman (#14)

#12. Adele - Oh My God (#11)

#11. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#12)

#10. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#13)

#9. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#10)

#8. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#8)

#7. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#6)

#6. Adele - Easy On Me (#3)

#5. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#7)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#5)

#3. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#2)

#2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#1)

#1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#4) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (1 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad to see The Chainsmokers - High (+7) take the biggest jump. And of course it's almost in the Top 20 so hopefully it'll be in there very soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (-8) take the biggest drop. This really does not deserve it. But I do know it has been on there for a while so I'm sure it's going to be out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto: The best debut this week. This is definitely the best song that I've ever heard from him because I know he collaborated with a super talented singer. And of course it's definitely a step up from all of his other songs. With my opinion, the production was super heavenly, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and the drop was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 5 Songs of the year. I'm really hoping that this should become a hit on there.


Imagine Dragons - Enemy: So they decided to cut out J.I.D.'s verse in this one just like what Hits 1 did back when they first picked this song up. And again I'm fine with that. As far as the song goes, it's definitely phenomenal. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Dan's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal and definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see if this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Gayle - ABCDEFU: I'm so pleased to see this song debuting the Top 5 this week. This is now her first Top 5 appearance on there. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: I'm glad to see this song move up. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 within the next week or so. Let's see if it'll happen.

3. Doja Cat - Need To Know: I have a feeling that this song is going to be out of the Top 3 within the next week or so and be on it's way out of here. But we don't know what happens yet. We're gonna have to find out.

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves: It dropped back out of the top spot. But it really had another amazing time on there last week. But I'm sure this song is going to start dropping and be out of here very soon.

1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: I'm fine with this song at the top spot. I'll still give credit to it. Gosh, I feel like this guy is no stranger to the top spot on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. Doja Cat - Need To Know

14. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

13. Giveon - For Tonight

12. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

11. Adele - Oh My God

10. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

9. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

8. Latto - Big Energy

7. Gayle - ABCDEFU

6. Doja Cat - Woman

5. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

4. Adele - Easy On Me

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

2. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Elton John/Dua Lipa - Cold Heart


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023