Ed Sheeran (1) Week Of February 19, 2022

So again I had a fun time watching the Super Bowl. The Rams won it 23-20. Though the Bengals did play super well in the 2nd half getting a 7-point lead in the 3rd quarter until the Rams came back to win the game with less than 2 minutes left. And this was also Matthew Stafford's first Super Bowl win in his career and I'm super pleased to see that. He really deserves it! And I thought Mickey Guyton did an amazing job on the national anthem. I really thought that she sounded so phenomenal. And Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar all did an amazing job on the halftime show with their performances. They also brought 50 Cent and Anderson .Paak along in some of the songs which was amazing. So yeah, it really was a blast watching it. I sure did had a lot of fun. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it really looks super phenomenal. We have now entered the Golden Ages of the countdown because we have yet another brand new and heavenly #1 song on there. But I'm gonna get to that later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Sadie Jean - WYD Now

Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Walters - I Love You So


Last Week's #1 Song: Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

The Countdown:

#30. Chloe - Have Mercy (#30)

#29. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (DEBUT)

#28. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#28)

#27. Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen (DEBUT)

#26. Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer (DEBUT)

#25. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#27)

#24. Coi Leray - Anxiety (#26)

#23. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#13)

#22. Giveon - For Tonight (#24)

#21. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl (#23)

#20. Doja Cat - Woman (#20)

#19. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (#25)

#18. SZA - I Hate U (#18)

#17. The Chainsmokers - High (#19)

#16. Latto - Big Energy (#22)

#15. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#21)

#14. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#12)

#13. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#6)

#12. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#14)

#11. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me (#11)

#10. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#4)

#9. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (#15)

#8. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#10)

#7. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#5)

#6. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#9)

#5. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#8)

#4. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#3)

#3. Adele - Oh My God (#7)

#2. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#1)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Golden (4th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto, Latto - Big Energy, Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be and Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (+6) were all tied for the biggest jump this week. I'm so pleased to see them all do it. They all really deserve it!

Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (-10) had the biggest drop this week. Although I know it has been around in there for a while so that's why it managed to do it. And I'm sure this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug: The best countdown debut this week. She has now made her first countdown appearance this week. And after giving this song a listen for the first time, I've found her yet to be another talented singer. And this is also yet to be another TikTok song and it's also already on the Hot 100 which was interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Em's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly and super fun. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen: Though I do know this is the Taylor remix of this song, but this is still considered a collaboration. Gosh, those two sure have been collaborating a lot. As for this new song, it's definitely amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, both Ed and Taylor sound super amazing, those lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer: I feel like she's starting to improve in her music lately because this song is also another amazing song. But definitely not as good as The Chainsmokers's 2016 hit song with the same title, but it's still amazing. With my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Saweetie's verses were so phenomenal and she flows very nicely here, the lyrics were super amazing, and H.E.R.'s vocals in the chorus were super phenomenal. But yeah, overall it's an amazing and fun song. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now: I'm fine with this song debuting the Top 5. Although I do know it's from an artist that I really hate, but this is not a bad song. So I'll still give credit to that. Though I'm not sure if it's going to be in the Top 3, but we're gonna have to see.

4. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle: I really don't want this song to drop. I really want to see it at the top spot because I know it's her. But again not every song from her has to be at the top spot, even though it's from a super popular artist.

3. Adele - Oh My God: It also debuted the Top 5 this week and into the Top 3. I was actually expecting it to be in there and it did. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

2. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it sure did had a nice run in there, but I'm okay with this song being out of here. I'm still giving credit to it.

1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: I'm super pleased to see this song at the top spot. This really deserves to be in there! And I'm really hoping that this should stay in this spot for a while at the very least. Let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Mimi Webb - House On Fire (DEBUT)

2. Eddie Benjamin - Weatherman (DEBUT)

3. Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno

4. Sabrina Carpenter - Fast Times (DEBUT)

5. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (DEBUT)

6. Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer

7. Doja Cat - Celebrity Skin

8. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

9. Nicky Youre - Sunroof

10. Claire Rosinkranz - I H8 That I Still Feel Bad For U (DEBUT)

11. Benson Boone - Room For 2 (DEBUT)

12. Niki - Every Summertime

13. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

14. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl

15. Gunna/Future/Young Thug - Pushin P

16. Caroline Polachek - So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Mimi Webb - House On Fire: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. After having 2 Hit Bound dropouts last year, we have finally picked up another new single from her. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Mimi's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a humongous fan of the lyrics, and that chorus was super heavenly. I'm really hoping that this should be on the countdown soon.


Eddie Benjamin - Weatherman: Though I do know that it's gonna be the next One To Watch. But here's the thing: Is this guy related to Alec? Because he kinda sounds like Alec's older brother. Although he does sound slightly better than Alec, but still not good. But this is actually a mediocre song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about it. Though I kinda do like the production here, but Eddy's vocals actually don't sound that good and the chorus was okay. But I'll still give credit to the lyrics though, because they're still fine. But this is mediocre overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Sabrina Carpenter - Fast Times: This is absolutely another amazing and fun song and this is actually a step up from Skin. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Sabrina's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so fun. So yeah, this is such an amazing and fun song overall for me to listen to. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: Oh gosh... I didn't actually expect Hits 1 to pick up this song. And of course I've known her because I know she was the star of the Disney Channel show Liv & Maddie a long time ago. And she was also part of the song Night Falls from Descendants 3 a few years ago which of course I've seen before. And now, here she is... and my gosh this song is so bad. The production here is a huge mess, I do not like how raspy Dove's vocals were, the vibes were so weird, I'm not a fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so awful. I'm really hoping that this should not be on the countdown. NEXT!


Claire Rosinkranz - I H8 That I Still Feel Bad For U: This is absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Don't Miss Me, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Claire's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were very nice, and the chorus was super amazing. But again I don't think this song is ever going to be on the countdown because it's her. But maybe this might be her first countdown appearance, we don't know yet for sure. Let's see what happens.


Benson Boone - Room For 2: Since Ghost Town is doing well on there, we have now picked up a new song from him. As far as the song goes, it's definitely amazing and this is actually a step up from Ghost Town. It's actually more upbeat too. As for my opinion on this one. The production was super fun, Benson's vocals were super amazing, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so phenomenal. I'm sure this song is going to be on the countdown when Ghost Town hits the Top 10. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

28. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

27. Justin Bieber - Ghost

26. The Chainsmokers - High

25. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

24. Giveon - For Tonight

23. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

22. Adele - Oh My God

21. Coi Leray - Anxiety

20. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl

19. Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen

18. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

17. Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer

16. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

15. Chloe - Have Mercy

14. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

13. Latto - Big Energy

12. Gayle - ABCDEFU

11. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

10. Doja Cat - Woman

9. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

8. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

5. SZA - I Hate U

4. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

3. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (+2 extra points for being #1)

TIE: 1. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto


Total Score: 145/150 = 96.6% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023