Ed Sheeran (2) Week Of February 26, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought it still looks great. But we did get rid of a song that was in my Top 3 Songs of last year and that of course it will forever be missed. But we did replace it with another song that's going to be in my top songs of this year. But I'll get to that later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

The Countdown:

#30. Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer (#26)

#29. Eddie Benjamin - Weatherman (DEBUT)

#28. Chloe - Have Mercy (#30)

#27. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#25)

#26. Coi Leray - Anxiety (#24)

#25. Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen (#27)

#24. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#28)

#23. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl (#21)

#22. SZA - I Hate U (#18)

#21. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#29)

#20. Giveon - For Tonight (#22)

#19. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone (DEBUT)

#18. Doja Cat - Woman (#20)

#17. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (#19)

#16. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#14)

#15. Latto - Big Energy (#16)

#14. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#15)

#13. The Chainsmokers - High (#17)

#12. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#12)

#11. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#10)

#10. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me (#11)

#9. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#8)

#8. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#4)

#7. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#2)

#6. Adele - Oh My God (#3)

#5. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#7)

#4. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#5)

#3. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (#9)

#2. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#6)

#1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (1 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (+8) take the biggest jump this week. And it's almost at the Top 20 so I'm sure this is going to be in there next week hopefully.

I'm okay with Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (-5) taking the biggest drop. It did drop out of the Top 5, but it's still in the Top 10 so I'll still give credit to it.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Eddie Benjamin - Weatherman: He has now become the new One To Watch, which was interesting. But the thing is: Is that guy related to Alec? Because he kinda sounds like Alec's older brother. But he does sound slightly better than Alec, but still not that good. As far as the song goes, it's actually a mediocre song. With my opinion, I kinda do like the production here, but Eddie's vocals actually don't sound that good and the chorus was okay. But I'll still give credit to the lyrics here, because I think they're still fine. But this is mediocre overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone: This is the only great debut we have this week. This is definitely the best EDM song that I've ever heard from him and it's definitely a huge step up from Midnight and all of his other songs. As for my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Katy's vocals were super heavenly, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super heavenly and I actually fell in love with it. But yeah, overall it's such a heavenly EDM song. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll do amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Gayle - ABCDEFU: I'm so pleased that this song has managed to come back to the Top 5. This totally deserves it! Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now: I'm okay with this song moving up. Though it's almost in the Top 3 so I'm sure this might go in there and if it does, I'll still give credit to it.

3. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy: It debuted the Top 5 this week and into the Top 3. I'm so pleased to see this song in there. Now, hopefully this should be at the top spot soon.

2. Charlie Puth - Light Switch: It also debuted the Top 5 and into the Top 3 this week and now it's almost at the top spot. And I'm sure this is going to be in there very soon because it's him. Hopefully it'll happen.

1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm super pleased that it's still in there. Although I'm sure another song might go in there next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Gunna/Future/Young Thug - Pushin P

2. Kygo/DNCE - Dancing Feet (DEBUT)

3. Caroline Polachek - So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings

4. Nicky Youre - Sunroof

5. Sabrina Carpenter - Fast Times

6. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl

7. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

8. Eddie Benjamin - Weatherman

9. Niki - Every Summertime

10. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

11. Doja Cat - Celebrity Skin

12. Benson Boone - Room For 2

13. Mimi Webb - House On Fire

14. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend

15. Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno

16. Claire Rosinkranz - I H8 That I Still Feel Bad For U


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Kygo/DNCE - Dancing Feet: Oh great... Joe Jonas is now back with his band. And I have a feeling that Nick is gonna go back to releasing some solo singles since his band was back. But this is such an amazing and fun song. For my opinion, the production was super fun, Joe's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very interesting, the chorus was so phenomenal, and I really stand for the drop. So yeah, this is such an amazing and fun EDM song overall. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Eddie Benjamin - Weatherman


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Justin Bieber - Ghost

25. The Chainsmokers - High

24. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

23. Giveon - For Tonight

22. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

21. Adele - Oh My God

20. Coi Leray - Anxiety

19. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl

18. Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen

17. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

16. Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer

15. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

14. Chloe - Have Mercy

13. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

12. Latto - Big Energy

11. Gayle - ABCDEFU

10. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

9. Doja Cat - Woman

8. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

7. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

6. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

5. SZA - I Hate U

4. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone

TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (+2 extra points for being #1)

TIE: 1. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto


Total Score: 143/150 = 95.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023