Lil Nas X (1) Week Of January 29, 2022

After a song broke the record for most weeks at the top spot, we finally have another brand new #1 song on there this week, except this song was not a good song. But it's not bad. But I'll get to that later on in this post like I always do. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber - Wandered In LA

Walker Hayes - U Girl

The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever [DTHNOBx2]


Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers

The Countdown:

#30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#26)

#29. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (DEBUT)

#28. Latto - Big Energy (DEBUT)

#27. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#28)

#26. Doja Cat - Woman (#22)

#25. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (DEBUT)

#24. SZA - I Hate U (#20)

#23. Sadie Jean - WYD Now (#23)

#22. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#18)

#21. Giveon - For Tonight (#17)

#20. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#21)

#19. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good (#16)

#18. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#15)

#17. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (#11)

#16. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#25)

#15. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window (#19)

#14. Adele - Easy On Me (#10)

#13. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (DEBUT)

#12. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me (#13)

#11. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (#12)

#10. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#14)

#9. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#8)

#8. Adele - Oh My God (#7)

#7. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#5)

#6. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1)

#5. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#9)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#4)

#3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#3)

#2. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#6)

#1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (1 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased that Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (+9) has been gaining more lots of airplay on there this week. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

I'm not happy to see Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame (-6) take the biggest drop this week. So not cool! But at least it's still in the Top 20, so that's still good.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Imagine Dragons - Enemy: The best countdown debut this week. And Hits 1 did edit out J.I.D.'s verse, and I'm fine with that. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Dan's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal and definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Latto - Big Energy: She has now made her first countdown appearance this week. As for this song, it's such another amazing song. For my opinion, the production was so amazing and it actually reminds me of Doja Cat - Say So because it sounds similar to it, but this is actually a much better song because Say So was decent. But other than that, Latto's vocals were super amazing especially in her flow, and the lyrics were super nicely-written and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. But yeah, overall it's such a fun song for me to listen to. Let's see how far this should get on there.


Charlie Puth - Light Switch: He has finally made his return on there. The last time he was on there was when he collaborated with Gabby Barrett on the remix of her hit song I Hope from a couple years ago. And now, for this new song, it's absolutely another amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Charlie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. I'm really hoping that this should become a hit on there.


The Weeknd - Sacrifice: This is definitely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Bebe Rexha's song with the same title from last year when it was a Hit Bound dropout, but it's still amazing. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this song back when it debuted the AT40 this week. The production was so amazing, Abel's vocals were so phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super amazing. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Gayle - ABCDEFU: Since this song has been doing so well on TikTok, it has made it's debut in the Top 5. And not only that, but this was also her first Top 5 song on there. Now, hopefully this should be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: Yeah, I'm sure it's going to start dropping here and be out of the Top 5 soon. I know this song has been hanging around at the top spot for too long.

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days: Yeah, I'm sure this song is never going to hit the top spot on there. But maybe this song might hold this spot or it could start dropping. We're gonna have to see.

2. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: He replaced himself in the Top 5 after breaking the record. And it's almost at the top spot as well! I'm really hoping that this should be in the top spot within the next week or so.

1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: I'm fine with this song at the top spot. And wow, I did not expect that to happen. And this is now his first #1 song on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (RE-ENTRY)

2. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me

3. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

4. Annita - Boys Don't Cry (DEBUT)

5. Charli XCX/Rina Sawayama - Beg For You (DEBUT)

6. The Walters - I Love You So

7. Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone (DEBUT)

8. Jax - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

9. Jaymes Young - Infinity

10. Walker Hayes - Delorean (DEBUT)

11. The Chainsmokers - High (DEBUT)

12. Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran - Peru

13. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

14. Claire Rosinkranz - Don't Miss Me

15. Niki - Every Summertime (DEBUT)

16. Coi Leray - Anxiety (DEBUT)

17. Gayle - Ur Just Horny


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto: I'm super pleased to see this song come back on there. And I actually did not expect that to happen! And like what I said this is going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. Hopefully this should have another chance to be on there.


Annita - Boys Don't Cry: This is absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Girl From Rio, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Annita's vocals were super amazing, those lyrics were very nicely-written, and that chorus was super amazing. But yeah, this is such an amazing song overall for me to listen to. Although I'm not sure if ti's going to be on the countdown, but I'm sure hoping that it should.


Charli XCX/Rina Sawayama - Beg For You: One question: Why would they pick up this song first and not Good Ones? Because Good Ones is such a phenomenal song and this song wasn't as good as it, but this is still another phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, Charli's vocals were super phenomenal, Rina's vocals were so phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Alesso/Katy Perry - When I'm Gone: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This has got to be the best song that I've ever heard from him. It's definitely a huge step up from Midnight and all of his other songs. It's definitely a heavenly EDM song. As for my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Katy's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super heavenly and I really fell in love with it. This is also going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. I'm really hoping that it should pretty soon.


Walker Hayes - Delorean: Since U Girl left the countdown, we have picked up another song from him. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely another amazing song and this is definitely a step up from U Girl. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Walker's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus was so phenomenal and fun. So yeah, this is amazing overall. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


The Chainsmokers - High: They have also made their return on there since P.S. I Hope You're Happy with Blink-182 from 2 years ago, and that was a Hit Bound dropout and it has also crowned as my Lights Over Paris Hit Bound Hero Award of 2020 from which you've remembered. And now, as for this new song, it's definitely amazing. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Andrew's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so nice, and the chorus was super amazing. Let's see if this should debut the countdown soon.


Niki - Every Summertime: Wow, we now have a new artist from Indonesia making her debut on there? That's so interesting. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely another amazing song. As for my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, her vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and that chorus is what I really enjoyed. But yeah, fun song overall. But I'm not sure if this is going to debut the countdown, but we're gonna have to see.


Coi Leray - Anxiety: This is also another amazing song and this is actually a step up from Twinnem. For my opinion on this song, the production here was so amazing and super fun, Coi's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and that chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is definitely an amazing and fun song overall for me to listen to. But I'm not sure if this should also debut the countdown because I know Twinnem failed to be on there, but I'm sure hoping that this should be her first countdown appearance soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

28. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

27. Justin Bieber - Ghost

26. Doja Cat - Need To Know

25. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

24. Giveon - For Tonight

23. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

22. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

21. Adele - Oh My God

20. Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

19. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

18. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

17. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

16. Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good

15. Latto - Big Energy

14. Gayle - ABCDEFU

13. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

12. Doja Cat - Woman

11. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

10. Avril Lavigne - Bite Me

9. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Adele - Easy On Me

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

4. SZA - I Hate U

3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

TIE: 1. Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame


Total Score: 143/150 = 95.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023