Lil Nas X (2) Week Of February 5, 2022

So the month of February is now upon us. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks amazing, but we did get rid of a song that's in my Top 3 Songs of last year and of course it will forever be missed. But we did replace it with another song that's going to be in my Top 10 Songs of this year, and of course I'll get to that one later on. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Avril Lavigne - Bite Me [DTHNOBx2]

Silk Sonic - Smokin Out The Window

Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd - Moth To A Flame

Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJ White Shadow - I Feel Good


Last Week's #1 Song: Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

The Countdown:

#30. Chloe - Have Mercy (DEBUT)

#29. The Walters - I Love You So (DEBUT)

#28. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#27)

#27. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#30)

#26. The Chainsmokers - High (DEBUT)

#25. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#22)

#24. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me (DEBUT)

#23. Giveon - For Tonight (#21)

#22. Adele - Easy On Me (#14)

#21. Latto - Big Energy (#28)

#20. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot (#20)

#19. Doja Cat - Woman (#26)

#18. Sadie Jean - WYD Now (#23)

#17. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (#29)

#16. SZA - I Hate U (#24)

#15. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#7)

#14. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#16)

#13. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#6)

#12. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#18)

#11. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#13)

#10. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#25)

#9. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#10)

#8. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit (#11)

#7. Adele - Oh My God (#8)

#6. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#9)

#5. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#5)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#4)

#3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#3)

#2. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#2)

#1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (2 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm glad to see Charlie Puth - Light Switch (+15) take the biggest jump into the Top 10 this week. Now, I'm really hoping that it should be in the Top 5 soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see Adele - Easy On Me take the biggest drop this week. But what's also tied for the biggest drop which I'm also not too thrilled to see was Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (-8). Although I do know those two have been around in there for a while so I'm sure they're going to be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Chloe - Have Mercy: I actually didn't think it was going to be on the countdown, but I'm actually surprised that it did. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Chloe's vocals were were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. Though I'm not sure if this should do well on there, but let's see how far this song goes.


The Walters - I Love You So: This song was actually released in 2014 which was surprising. I know this song is way too old for Hits 1, but it just had to be on there as of now. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There isn't really anything here that's interesting to say about it. For my opinion, the production was a bit strange but the vocals were fine, Though the chorus was just a few lines repeated multiple times here and it's so annoying. But the lyrics were still very nicely-written, so I'll give credit to that. But this is a decent song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


The Chainsmokers - High: They have finally made their huge return on there after P.S. I Hope You're Happy with Blink-182 was a Hit Bound dropout the last time they were on there and that song was also crowned as my Lights Over Paris Hit Bound Hero Award of 2020 from which we all remembered. And now, they are back. As for this new song, it's definitely amazing. For my opinion on this one, the production was super outstanding, Andrew's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were so nice, and the chorus was super amazing. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me: The best countdown debut this week. This was absolutely a heavenly song and it's definitely a step up from Bite Me. With my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Avril's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super duper nicely-written, the chorus was super heavenly, and Blackbear's vocals in his verse were absolutely phenomenal. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Gayle - ABCDEFU: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and be in the Top 3. But I'm sure hoping it'll do it within the next week or so.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: Gosh, this song sure has been hanging around in this spot for a super long time. But again I'm sure it'll start dropping very soon.

3. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days: I'm sure this song is probably gonna hold this spot for a few more weeks longer and never hit the top spot or maybe it might start dropping soon. But we're gonna have to see.

2. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But I'm sure hoping that next week it will do it.

1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm fine with this song still in there, but I'm sure a better song might go in there next week. But let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen (DEBUT)

2. Caroline Polachek - So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings (DEBUT)

3. Jaymes Young - Infinity

4. Stacey Ryan/Zai1k - Don't Text Me When You're Drunk (DEBUT)

5. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (DEBUT)

6. Jax - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

7. Annita - Boys Don't Cry

8. Coi Leray - Anxiety

9. Niki - Every Summertime

10. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (DEBUT)

11. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl (DEBUT)

12. Charli XCX/Rina Sawayama - Beg For You

13. Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno (DEBUT)

14. Claire Rosinkranz - Don't Miss Me

15. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

16. Gunna/Future/Young Thug - Pushin P (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song is garbage. I've already explained why it is garbage back when it debuted the AT40 last month. The production was so awful, all of their vocals were so terrible especially in the verses, the lyrics were definitely a huge mess, and the chorus was so horrible. This is definitely going to end up in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year. But yeah, not a fan of this one. I hope it doesn't debut the countdown. NEXT!


Caroline Polachek - So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings: Wow, what is going on with Hits 1 picking up some old songs? Though I do know that I would say this has been on TikTok virally and it was actually released in 2019, which was 3 years late for this song to be on there. But this is still an amazing song for me. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Caroline's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Though I'm not sure if this should be on the countdown, but I'm hoping it does.


Stacey Ryan/Zai1k - Don't Text Me When You're Drunk: This is absolutely another amazing song. As for my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing and so fun, Stacey's vocals were so phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, the chorus was super amazing, and I love Zai1k's verse. I think he sounds so amazing in it. But yeah, this is an amazing song overall. But I'm not sure if this will make the countdown, but I'm sure hoping that it does.


Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be: Since Feel Like Shit hit the Top 10 this week, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Feel Like Shit. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Tate's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really stand for the chorus. So yeah, this is another amazing song overall for me to listen to. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. After I gave this song a listen for the first time, I've actually found her yet to be another talented singer. And now, here she is making her debut on there. And this is actually another TikTok song and it's also already on the Hot 100 so that's why it's there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Em's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly and super fun. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl: This is absolutely an amazing alt-pop song. But definitely not as good as Forget Me Too or My Ex's Best Friend, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, MGK's vocals were super amazing, Willow's vocals were super phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super fun. I'm really hoping that this should be on the countdown soon.


Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno: I actually did not expect Hits 1 to pick up this song, but here it is. And this is actually from the new Disney movie Encanto, which I've actually never watched. But I'm gonna have to watch it someday. But this is such a fun song for me. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, all of their vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super fun, especially in the last chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Gunna/Future/Young Thug - Pushin P: This is actually a decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this one. Though I do love Wheezy's production here, I think it still sounds great. But my only issue is that I'm not really huge on the vocals, especially Future and Young Thug's verses. But the chorus was still decent and I think the lyrics were still very nicely-written. But overall, it's decent. I wouldn't mind seeing this song debuting the countdown soon. Let's see if it does.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. The Walters - I Love You So

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Justin Bieber - Ghost

25. The Chainsmokers - High

24. Doja Cat - Need To Know

23. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

22. Giveon - For Tonight

21. Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

20. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

19. Adele - Oh My God

18. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

17. The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

16. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

15. Chloe - Have Mercy

14. Latto - Big Energy

13. Gayle - ABCDEFU

12. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

11. Doja Cat - Woman

10. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

9. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Adele - Easy On Me

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

4. SZA - I Hate U

3. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me

TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti


Total Score: 141/150 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023