Lil Nas X (3) Week Of February 12, 2022

So again the Super Bowl is this weekend. The Los Angeles Rams and the Cincinnati Bengals are playing this time. I'm really looking forward to watch it. I'm pulling for the Rams to win this one. I'm also looking forward to Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar's performances during the halftime show. Hopefully they'll do amazing and I really hope they should perform some of their old songs. Anway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super amazing. We do have a debut this week that is actually going to be one of my top songs of the year. But I'll explain what that song is later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Tate McRae - Feel Like Shit

The Anxiety - Meet Me At Our Spot

Adele - Easy On Me

Doja Cat - Need To Know


Last Week's #1 Song: Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

The Countdown:

#30. Chloe - Have Mercy (#30)

#29. The Walters - I Love You So (#29)

#28. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It (#27)

#27. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman (#28)

#26. Coi Leray - Anxiety (DEBUT)

#25. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (DEBUT)

#24. Giveon - For Tonight (#23)

#23. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl (DEBUT)

#22. Latto - Big Energy (#21)

#21. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (DEBUT)

#20. Doja Cat - Woman (#19)

#19. The Chainsmokers - High (#26)

#18. SZA - I Hate U (#16)

#17. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#13)

#16. Sadie Jean - WYD Now (#18)

#15. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (#17)

#14. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#14)

#13. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart (#15)

#12. Benson Boone - Ghost Town (#12)

#11. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me (#24)

#10. The Weeknd - Sacrifice (#11)

#9. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#10)

#8. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#9)

#7. Adele - Oh My God (#7)

#6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#3)

#5. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#5)

#4. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#4)

#3. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#6)

#2. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#2)

#1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (3rd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super pleased to see Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me (+13) take the biggest jump. This totally deserves it! Now, hopefully this should be in the Top 10 next week.

I did not expect Ed Sheeran - Shivers (-4) to take a small biggest drop this week. And I'm sure this song is going to be out of here very soon. But it sure did had a historical time on there as it broke the record for most weeks spent at the top spot. And now, it's time for this song to be on it's way out of here.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Coi Leray - Anxiety: She has finally made her first countdown appearance this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's definitely a step up from Twinnem. For my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing and super fun, Coi's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and that chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is definitely an amazing and fun song overall for me to listen to. Let's see how this one does on there.


Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto: The best countdown debut this week. This is definitely his best song ever because I know he collaborated with a super talented singer. And it's definitely a huge step up from all of his other songs. With my opinion, the production was super heavenly, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, I'm definitely a humongous fan of the lyrics, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and the drop was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 5 Songs of the year. Hopefully this should do super amazing on there.


Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl: This is absolutely an amazing alt-pop song. And I've actually been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. Though this is not as good as Forget Me Too and My Ex's Best Friend, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, MGK's vocals were super amazing, Willow's vocals were super phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super fun. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be: She replaces herself on the countdown this week since Feel Like Shit left. As far as the song goes, it's definitely phenomenal and this is definitely a step up from Feel Like Shit. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Tate's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was definitely what I really stand for. So yeah, this is an amazing song overall. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Gayle - ABCDEFU: Wow, what is going on with this song not moving up and let it still stand at this spot? I was still waiting for it to be in the Top 3, but I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen.

4. Justin Bieber - Ghost: Wow, this song has been standing at this spot for 8 weeks. Gosh, when will this song move or drop? But I'm sure this is going to do either of the two soon.

3. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle: It debuted the Top 5 and into the Top 3 this week. I actually knew that it was going to be in there because everybody knows why. It's her. But I'm so pleased to see it in there and I really hope that this should be in the top spot soon.

2. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti: Gosh, how is this song still standing at this spot? I really would like to see it at the top spot, but hopefully it'll do it very soon.

1. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm okay with this song still in there, however I do want another song to be at the top spot that's much better than this one. But let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Jaymes Young - Infinity

2. Doja Cat - Celebrity Skin (DEBUT)

3. 88Rising/Bibi - The Weekend

4. Encanto Cast - We Don't Talk About Bruno

5. Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer (DEBUT)

6. Nicky Youre - Sunroof (DEBUT)

7. Stacey Ryan/Zai1k - Don't Text Me When You're Drunk

8. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl

9. Caroline Polachek - So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings

10. Gunna/Future/Young Thug - Pushin P

11. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

12. Jax - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

13. Charli XCX/Rina Sawayama - Beg For You

14. Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen (DEBUT)

15. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

16. Niki - Every Summertime

17. Coi Leray - Anxiety


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Doja Cat - Celebrity Skin: Since Need To Know left the countdown this week, we have picked up another new single from her. As far as the song goes, this is absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Woman, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Doja's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was so phenomenal and super fun, and I really love the parts where the pop-punk electric guitar is not present. So yeah, this is amazing and fun overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Saweetie/H.E.R. - Closer: I feel like she's getting better with her music lately because this is also another amazing song. But definitely not as good as The Chainsmokers's hit song from 2016 with the same title, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Saweetie's verses were so phenomenal and she flows very nicely here, the lyrics were super amazing, and H.E.R.'s vocals in the chorus were super phenomenal. So yeah, overall it's an amazing and fun song. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Nicky Youre - Sunroof: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I've actually found this guy yet to be another talented singer after giving this song a listen for the first time. And now, here he is. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal and fun song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Nicky's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal and super fun. But yeah, phenomenal song overall. I'm really hoping that this should be on the countdown soon.


Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift - The Joker And The Queen: Here we go again with those two collaborating again. Although this is the Taylor remix of the song, but they're still collaborating. As for this song, it's definitely amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, both Ed and Taylor sound super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is such another amazing song overall. I'm hoping that it'll be on the countdown within the next week or so.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Acraze/Cherish - Do It To It


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. The Walters - I Love You So

28. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

27. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Justin Bieber - Ghost

25. The Chainsmokers - High

24. Benson Boone - Ghost Town

23. Giveon - For Tonight

22. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

21. Adele - Oh My God

20. Coi Leray - Anxiety

19. Machine Gun Kelly/Willow - Emo Girl

18. The Weeknd - Sacrifice

17. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

16. Chloe - Have Mercy

15. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

14. Latto - Big Energy

13. Gayle - ABCDEFU

12. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

11. Doja Cat - Woman

10. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

9. Sadie Jean - WYD Now

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Emmy Meli - I Am Woman

6. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

5. SZA - I Hate U

4. Elton John/Dua Lipa/Pnau - Cold Heart

3. Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

TIE: 1. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto


Total Score: 141/150 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023