AT40: Harry Styles (2) Week Of June 4, 2022

So we are now officially in the month of June and now I'm almost done with my first year of college. Yes, time sure goes by so fast. As far  as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super amazing. We did get rid of a piece of trash which was definitely an amazing thing to see like it always was. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign - Chosen

Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#40. Khalid - Skyline (DEBUT)

#39. Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (#38)

#38. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (DEBUT)

#37. Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest (DEBUT)

#36. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#39)

#35. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#36)

#34. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (#28)

#33. Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran - Peru (#26)

#32. Adele - Easy On Me (#31)

#31. Becky G/Karol G - MAMIII (#33)

#30. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#35)

#29. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (#36)

#28. Diplo/Miguel - Don't Forget My Love (#32)

#27. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#29)

#26. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#30)

#25. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#26)

#24. Tyga/Doja Cat - Freaky Deaky (#25)

#23. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#20)

#22. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#23)

#21. The Walters - I Love You So (#22)

#20. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#21)

#19. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#16)

#18. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (#19)

#17. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#18)

#16. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#15)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#17)

#14. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#13)

#13. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#12)

#12. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#10)

#11. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#14)

#10. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#9)

#9. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#8)

#8. Jack Harlow - First Class (#11)

#7. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#5)

#6. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#6)

#5. Doja Cat - Woman (#4)

#4. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#7)

#3. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (#2)

#2. Latto - Big Energy (#3)

#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (2 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased that Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (+7) has managed to take the biggest jump while it has been gaining lots of airplay this week. What a big week for her! Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran - Peru (-7) taking the biggest drop. But I do have a feeling that it's going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Khalid - Skyline: This is absolutely the best song that I've ever heard from him. It's definitely a step up from all of his other songs. As far as the song goes, it’s definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was super amazing, Khalid’s vocals were so phenomenal, I’m definitely a humongous fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, this is absolutely a phenomenal song overall. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof: The best debut this week. I’ve actually found him yet to be another talented singer after I gave this song a listen for the first time. And of course this is yet to be another TikTok song, which was interesting. As far as the song goes, it’s definitely phenomenal and fun. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Nicky’s vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was super phenomenal and super fun, and Dazy’s vocals were super amazing in his verse. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest: Now the last time they collaborated was Don’t Go with Skrillex, and that was a song that I enjoyed back then from which you’ve probably remembered. And speaking of that, I actually found the song that it was basically Don’t Go part 2, which was actually so interesting. As far as the song goes, it’s definitely an outstanding song. For my opinion, the production was so outstanding, Justin’s vocals were super outstanding, Don’s vocals were super amazing in his contribution, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was so amazing. Let’s see how far this one should get.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Doja Cat - Woman: Well it’s dropping. And I’m sure it’s definitely going to leave the Top 5 within the next week or so. We’re gonna have to find out.

4. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: Oh no… this does not deserve to be in the Top 5! Come on, please don’t let this song go to the top spot. I seriously had it with this song.

3. Imagine Dragons - Enemy: I have a feeling that this song might leave the Top 3 soon, but I’d like to see it stay in there for one more week or so.

2. Latto - Big Energy: I actually didn’t expect this song to move up, but I’m pleased that it is. But I don’t think it’s ever going to come back to the top spot though.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I’m so pleased that this song is still there. He really has been doing super phenomenal in his career. Now, let’s see if it’ll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That’s What I Want

18. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

17. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Justin Bieber - Ghost

15. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay

14. Shawn Mendes - When You’re Gone

13. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

12. Jack Harlow - First Class

11. Tate McRae - She’s All I Wanna Be

10. Lizzo - About Damn Time

9. Latto - Big Energy

8. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

7. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

6. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

5. Doja Cat - Woman

4. Harry Styles - As It Was

3. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

2. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023