AT40: Harry Styles (5) Week Of June 25, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks super amazing. There has been a lot of great stuff that has happened on there this week. And we also have some more amazing debuts this week, and of course I'll get to later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Tyga/Doja Cat - Freaky Deaky

Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - Industry Baby


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#40. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (DEBUT)

#39. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#38)

#38. Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest (#37)

#37. Adele - Easy On Me (#35)

#36. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers (#36)

#35. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#39)

#34. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#32)

#33. Khalid - Skyline (#34)

#32. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#28)

#31. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#31)

#30. Becky G/Karol G - MAMIII (#29)

#29. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#25)

#28. The Walters - I Love You So (#21)

#27. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#27)

#26. Diplo/Miguel - Don't Forget My Love (#26)

#25. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#24)

#24. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (DEBUT)

#23. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#30)

#22. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (#23)

#21. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#20)

#20. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#22)

#19. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#17)

#18. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#19)

#17. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#13)

#16. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#18)

#15. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#15)

#14. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#10)

#13. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (#16)

#12. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#14)

#11. Doja Cat - Woman (#7)

#10. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#11)

#9. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#8)

#8. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (#6)

#7. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#12)

#6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#9)

#5. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#5)

#4. Latto - Big Energy (#3)

#3. Jack Harlow - First Class (#4)

#2. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Justin Bieber/Daniel Caesar/Giveon - Peaches (5th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (+7) had the biggest jump for the second week in a row. I'm super pleased to see it do that. What another week for them!

I'm fine with The Walters - I Love You So (-7) taking the biggest drop. I mean it's decent, so I'll still give credit to that.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion: The best debut this week. They have now collaborated again after One Kiss became a hit back in 2018. As for this new song, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from One Kiss. As for my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Young Thug's verses were actually so much better than in his other songs and he flows very nicely throughout the song, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and Dua's vocals in the chorus were super phenomenal. Hopefully this should also become a hit on there.


Harry Styles - Late Night Talking: Since As It Was hit the top spot on there, this song is now joining it in there. As far as the song goes, it's also a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as As It Was, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Harry's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super duper interesting, and the chorus was definitely what I stand for. Hopefully this should become a hit on there which I'm sure it's going to.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and get to the Top 3. But hopefully this should do it next week.

4. Latto - Big Energy: I totally expected this song to leave the Top 3 this week. And I'm sure that this song is now officially on it's way out of here.

3. Jack Harlow - First Class: I'm super glad to see this song in the Top 3. This deserves it! But I'm not sure if it'll ever go to the top spot, but let's see if it does.

2. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: Why is this song still standing at this spot? This should be dropping and not go to the top spot. But hopefully soon it'll do it.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Gosh, this guy cannot be stopped with his career of making new music. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. Justin Bieber - Ghost

16. Sam Smith - Love Me More

15. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

14. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

13. Jack Harlow - First Class

12. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

11. Lizzo - About Damn Time

10. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon

9. Latto - Big Energy

8. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

7. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

6. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

5. Doja Cat - Woman

4. Harry Styles - As It Was

3. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

2. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


Total Score: 92/100 = 92% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023