Harry Styles (4) Week Of June 4, 2022

So the month of June is now upon us. And also, I’m almost done with my first year of college! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks so amazing, although we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year, which was sad. But we do have an interesting Top 5 this week. But I'll get to that later on in this post, but for now, I don't have anything else to say about it, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Tyga/Doja Cat - Freaky Deaky

5 Seconds Of Summer - Complete Mess

DNCE - Move

Avril Lavigne/Blackbear - Love It When You Hate Me


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#30. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (DEBUT)

#29. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (DEBUT)

#28. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (DEBUT)

#27. Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest (#27)

#26. Maneskin - Supermodel (#30)

#25. Post Malone/Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up (#29)

#24. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (#18)

#23. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#25)

#22. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (DEBUT)

#21. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#21)

#20. Jack Harlow - First Class (#19)

#19. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers (#26)

#18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (#24)

#17. Khalid - Skyline (#23)

#16. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#22)

#15. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#17)

#14. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#13)

#13. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#14)

#12. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#12)

#11. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#8)

#10. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#9)

#9. Nicky Youre - Sunroof (#11)

#8. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#5)

#7. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#10)

#6. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#2)

#5. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#4)

#4. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#6)

#3. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#3)

#2. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#7)

#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (1 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers (+7) take the biggest jump after weeks of not moving up. This totally deserves it!

Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (-6) had the biggest drop for the second week in a row. I know it was a bummer, but I do know that it's going to be out of here within the next week or so.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion: The best countdown debut this week. They have now collaborated again after One Kiss became a hit back in 2018. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from One Kiss. As for my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Young Thug's verses were actually so much better than in his other songs and he flows very nicely throughout the song, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and Dua's vocals in the chorus were super phenomenal. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You: This is his first countdown appearance this week. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about it. Though I'm not really huge on the production here, but Stephen's vocals actually don't sound bad here and I think the chorus was decent. And I think the lyrics were still fine here, so I'll still give credit to that. But this is a decent song overall. Also, there's a version of the song where it featured Em Beihold, which is what they should've picked up because she has been a talented singer. But oh well, this version without her which I just talked about was just decent. Let's see how this one does on there.


Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh): This song has now made it's debut on the countdown 8 months after becoming a Hit Bound dropout. Kinda like what Woman did went it lasted one week on Hit Bound and then get dropped off and then go on the countdown this year. That was pretty interesting to see those two songs do it. But now we have this one. As far as the song goes, it's also a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Woman, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Doja's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Harry Styles - Late Night Talking: Since As It Was hit #1 on there, this song has now made it's debut and joined it. As far as the song goes, this is also a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as As It Was, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Harry's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super duper interesting, and I definitely stand for the chorus. Hopefully this should also become a hit on there which I'm sure it's going to.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: Yes, this deserves to drop! And this really should be banned from going to the Top 5 for good. Hopefully it'll be out of here next week because I really had enough of it.

4. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see it in there. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 3 very soon. Hopefully it'll happen.

3. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug: Maybe this song might hold at this spot for a little bit longer and not go to the top spot or maybe this song might start dropping, but we don't know yet for sure. Let's see what happens next with it.

2. Lizzo - About Damn Time: This also debuted the Top 5 this week and now it's almost at the top spot. But again I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot, but let's see if it does soon.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Gosh, that former One Direction member sure has been doing super duper amazing in his career on there lately. And I'd like to see it spend a few more weeks at the top spot on there mostly because it's him. Let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Conor Maynard - P.G.N.L.

2. Mimi Webb - Goodbye (DEBUT)

3. 88Rising/Bibi - Best Lover

4. Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger (DEBUT)

5. Tate McRae - Don't Come Back

6. Mabel/24kgoldn - Overthinking

7. Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance (DEBUT)

8. Em Beihold - Too Precious

9. Blackbear/Machine Gun Kelly - GFY

10. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain (DEBUT)

11. Dixie D'Amelio - Wild

12. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

13. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything (DEBUT)

14. Lawrence - Don't Lose Sight

15. Dermot Kennedy - Something To Someone (DEBUT)

16. Madeline The Person - Mean

17. Maggie Rogers - Want Want (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Mimi Webb - Goodbye: This is absolutely another phenomenal song and amazing piano ballad. But not as good as House On Fire, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this song, the piano was super amazing, Mimi's vocals were so phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Also, there's a build in this song towards the 2nd chorus which I actually love about it. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger: Can Hits 1 seriously please stop picking up more songs from him? Although this song is not as bad as Cooped Up, but it's still awful. I'm not really huge on the production here and Post's vocals were so awful like always, I'm not really a fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was absolutely garbage. So yeah, this is definitely not a good song overall for me to listen to. You know I really hate his music. He is one of my least favorite male artists on there. Hopefully this doesn't make the countdown. NEXT!


Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. They are now finally back after 2 and a half years of hiatus on making new music. And I've also been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a heavenly song. As for my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Brendon's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super duper interesting, and the chorus was definitely what I stand for. I'm sure hoping that this should debut the countdown very soon.


Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain: We have now picked up a new song from him after Speakers dropped out a couple months ago. But I gotta say, this is also a mediocre song. Though this is actually a little bit of a step up from Speakers, but it's still mediocre. Though the production here was actually fine, but again Alec's vocals still don't sound good and they're still childish. Gosh, he seriously needs to get a new voice when he gets older and maybe he'll be better. But other than that, the chorus was okay and I actually like the lyrics here because they're still great. But this is mediocre overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything: This is absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was super amazing, Amelia's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal and I really like her shouting in it. But yeah, overall it's a phenomenal song for me to listen to. But I'm not sure if this is going to debut the countdown mostly because she's new, but I'm sure hoping that it does soon.


Dermot Kennedy - Something To Someone: He actually had a song back in 2019 called Outnumbered, and I've actually been enjoying this song back then. But I actually wish Hits 1 would've picked it up 3 years ago. But now, he has made his debut on there.  As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Outnumbered, but it's still amazing. For my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing, Dermot's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Maggie Rogers - Want Want: I've actually known her because she had a song on Alt Nation called That's Where I Am, and that was a song that I've really loved. And now, she has made her debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as That's Where I Am, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Maggie's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should debut the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone/Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up

29. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

27. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest

25. Sam Smith - Love Me More

24. Imagine Dragons - Bones

23. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

22. Ed Sheran/Lil Baby - 2step

21. Jack Harlow - First Class

20. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

19. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I

18. Lizzo - About Damn Time

17. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon

16. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

15. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

14. Khalid - Skyline

13. The Weeknd - Out Of Time

12. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

11. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

10. Nicky Youre - Sunroof

9. Maneskin - Supermodel

8. Harry Styles - As It Was

7. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

5. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion

4. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers

3. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You

2. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)


Total Score: 137/150 = 91.3% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023