Harry Styles (5) Week Of June 11, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it kinda looks interesting this week. Although our debuts this week aren't really that great except for one. But we did get rid of another bad song this week which was always amazing and we also have an amazing Top 5 this week. But I'll get to that later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers

Post Malone/Roddy Ricch - Cooped Up

Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest

Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#30. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (DEBUT)

#29. Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance (DEBUT)

#28. Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux - Jiggle Jiggle (DEBUT)

#27. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#23)

#26. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (#24)

#25. Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger (DEBUT)

#24. Maneskin - Supermodel (#26)

#23. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (RE-ENTRY)

#22. Khalid - Skyline (#17)

#21. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (#29)

#20. Jack Harlow - First Class (#20)

#19. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#21)

#18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (#18)

#17. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#12)

#16. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#8)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#16)

#14. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#15)

#13. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#13)

#12. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#10)

#11. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#22)

#10. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#14)

#9. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#7)

#8. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#6)

#7. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#11)

#6. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#5)

#5. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#4)

#4. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#3)

#3. Nicky Youre - Sunroof (#9)

#2. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (2 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (+11) take the biggest jump. And I'm sure this is definitely going to be in the Top 10 next week. Hopefully it'll happen.

I'm not too thrilled about Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (-8) taking the biggest drop. But I do have a feeling that this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song): He replaces himself this week on there. And not only that, but he actually has 2 songs that debuted on there this week. Let's start with this one. Though this is actually not a bad song, but it's still not good. This is just a decent song. Though the production here was actually so amazing, but Post's vocals were awful here. But I do love Doja's vocals here, because I think she sounds pretty good here and the lyrics were still super nicely-written. Although the chorus here was decent. But yeah, this is a decent song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance: The best countdown debut this week. And I've actually been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And they have now made their return on the countdown after 2 and a half years off. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly song. As for my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Brendon's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super duper interesting, and the chorus was definitely what I stand for. Hopefully this should do super amazing on there and I hope this should do better on here than on the Alt-18.


Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux - Jiggle Jiggle: This is also another decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this song. Though the production here was actually so amazing and super vibey, but the vocals and rapping were so boring and I don't really like how autotuned Louis's delivery was and the lyrics were actually so weird. Although the chorus here was okay, but not that great. So yeah, this is a decent song overall. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger: And this is the second of his debuts this week on there. But this song is actually an awful song. I know I said it because it's him. He's definitely one of my least favorite male artists out there. Although this isn't as bad as Cooped Up, but it's still awful. I'm not really huge on the production here and Post's vocals were so awful like always, I'm not really a fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was absolutely garbage. But yeah, this is definitely not a good song for me. I prefer I Like You (A Happier Song) over this. Hopefully this doesn't do well on there.


Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand: I'm so pleased to see this song come back to the countdown after gaining lots of airplay on the pop radio charts. Now, let's see how this one does on it's second run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step: No, I don't want this song to drop. I really would like to see this song in the Top 3 mainly because I know Hits 1 is in love with him. But I'm not sure if it'll actually happen.

4. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug: Well, it's dropping. But I do know it has been in the Top 5 for a while, so I'm sure that this is going to be out of here very soon.

3. Nicky Youre - Sunroof: It debuted the Top 5 this week and into the Top 3. I'm so pleased to see it in there, this really deserves it! Now, let's see if it'll hit the top spot soon.

2. Lizzo - About Damn Time: Yeah, I'm sure this song is never going to hit the top spot on there. But maybe this might hang around in the Top 3 for a little bit longer. Let's see what happens next.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Gosh, this man cannot be stopped with his music and I know this song has been doing so phenomenal on there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Maggie Rogers - Want Want

2. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (DEBUT)

3. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

4. Halsey - So Good (DEBUT)

5. Lizzo - Grrrls (DEBUT)

6. 88Rising/Bibi - Best Lover

7. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain

8. Dixie D'Amelio - Wild

9. Eddie Benjamin/Alessia Cara - Only You (DEBUT)

10. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

11. Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth (DEBUT)

12. Madeline The Person - Mean

13. Muni Long/Saweetie - Baby Boo (DEBUT)

14. Tate McRae - Don't Come Back

15. Charlotte Sands - Dress (DEBUT)

16. Conor Maynard - P.G.N.L.

17. Mimi Webb - Goodbye


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Marshmello/Khalid - Numb: Now the last time they collaborated was back in 2017 when they had Silence, which Hits 1 should've picked up since it was an amazing song for me. And now, we have this song. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Silence, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Khalid's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus and drop both sound so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Halsey - So Good: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely the best song that I've ever heard from her. It's definitely a step up from all of her other songs. As far as the song goes, it's such a pretty heavenly song. With my opinion on this song, the production was pretty heavenly, Halsey's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything here was pretty heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. I'm sure hoping that it should make the countdown soon.


Lizzo - Grrrls: Since About Damn Time hit the Top 5 on there, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from About Damn Time. For my opinion, the production was super amazing, Lizzo's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Eddie Benjamin/Alessia Cara - Only You: This is also another decent song. Though this is actually a step up from Weatherman, but it's still decent. As for my opinion, the production was actually so amazing, but Eddie's vocals still don't sound good and he still sounds like Alec's older brother. But Alessia's vocals were actually so phenomenal in her contribution and the lyrics were still very nicely-written. And the chorus here was just decent. But yeah, this is a decent song for me. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth: Wow, she's now making alt-pop music? That's so amazing! Maybe one of her songs should make Alt Nation since she's now into this type of music genre. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Demi's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Muni Long/Saweetie - Baby Boo: I'm surprised Hits 1 actually didn't pick up Hrs And Hrs since it was a song that has been doing pretty well on the Hot 100 earlier this year. But this is actually an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Hrs And Hrs, but it's still amazing. For my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, both Muni and Saweetie sound super amazing in their verses, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Charlotte Sands - Dress: This is absolutely another amazing song. With my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, Charlotte's vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is such an amazing song overall for me to listen to. I'd be cool if she ends up becoming the next One To Watch or something. But I'm not sure if this is going to debut the countdown just because she's new, but let's see if it does soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger

29. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux - Jiggle Jiggle

27. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

26. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

25. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Sam Smith - Love Me More

23. Imagine Dragons - Bones

22. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

21. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

20. Jack Harlow - First Class

19. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I

17. Lizzo - About Damn Time

16. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon

15. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

14. Khalid - Skyline

13. The Weeknd - Out Of Time

12. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

11. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

10. Nicky Youre - Sunroof

9. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand

8. Maneskin - Supermodel

7. Harry Styles - As It Was

6. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

5. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

4. Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

3. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You

2. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)


Total Score: 133/150 = 88.6% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023