Harry Styles (6) Week Of June 18, 2022

So I am now officially done with my first year of college. Gosh, I feel like I've done a great job on my work in my first year. And now I'm officially on summer break. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting. We do have one debut this week that was going to be ion my top songs of the year, and that of course I'll get to later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger

Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon [DTHNOBx2]


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#30. Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux - Jiggle Jiggle (#28)

#29. Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth (DEBUT)

#28. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain (DEBUT)

#27. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (DEBUT)

#26. Halsey - So Good (DEBUT)

#25. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#30)

#24. Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance (#29)

#23. Jack Harlow - First Class (#20)

#22. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#19)

#21. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (RE-ENTRY)

#20. Maneskin - Supermodel (#24)

#19. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (#23)

#18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (#18)

#17. Khalid - Skyline (#22)

#16. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#15)

#15. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#14)

#14. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#4)

#13. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#10)

#12. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#13)

#11. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#12)

#10. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#11)

#9. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#8)

#8. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#7)

#7. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#17)

#6. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#9)

#5. Dove Cmaeron - Boyfriend (#6)

#4. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#5)

#3. Nicky Youre - Sunroof (#3)

#2. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (3 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see The Weeknd - Out Of Time (+10) taking the biggest jump into the Top 10 this week. This totally deserves it! Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 5 soon.

I actually expected Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (-10) to be out of the Top 5 this week, and now it has the biggest drop all the way out of the Top 10 from there. And I do have a feeling that this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth: She has now started to be in the alt-pop genre which was actually so amazing. Maybe some of her songs should be on Alt Nation because of that. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely phenomenal. With my opinion, the production and instrumentation were super amazing, Demi's vocals were so phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain: After Speakers became a Hit Bound dropout a couple months ago and after his older brother Eddie had a song on there, this song has now made it's debut on there. But I gotta say, this is also a mediocre song. Although this is a little bit of a step up from Speakers, but it's still mediocre. Though the production here was actually fine, but again Alec's vocals still don't sound good and they're still childish. Gosh, when is he going to grow up and get a new voice? But other than that, the chorus was okay and I actually like the lyrics because I think they're still great. But this is a mediocre song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Marshmello/Khalid - Numb: Now the last time they collaborated was back in 2017 with Silence, which of course Hits 1 should've picked up because it was such an amazing song for me and I really enjoyed it. And now, we have this song. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Silence, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Khalid's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus and drop both sound so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Halsey - So Good: The best countdown debut this week. This is absolutely the best song that I've ever heard from her. This is definitely a step up from all of her other songs. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a pretty heavenly song. With my opinion on this song, the production was pretty heavenly, Halsey's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything here was pretty heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll become a hit on there.


Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion: I'm so pleased to see this song come back on there. I actually didn't expect it to happen but it actually did. Now, let's see how this one does on it's second run on there. Hopefully it'll do better this run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: No! This song does not deserve to come back to the Top 5! This should be banned from going there forever. This really needs to get back out of here next week.

4. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step: I'm so pleased to see this song move up. And I'm sure that this is definitely going to be in the Top 3 within the next week or so. Hopefully it'll happen.

3. Nicky Youre - Sunroof: I'm pleased to see this song still in the Top 3. But however, I have a feeling that this song is going to be out of there probably within the next week or so. Let's see what happens next.

2. Lizzo - About Damn Time: Yeah, I'm sure this song is probably gonna hang around in the Top 3 for a while and not go to the top spot. Let's see how long it will take for this song to remain in there.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 6th week in a row. Gosh, how has this song been doing super phenomenal on there? I have a feeling that this song might end up being the top song of the year on the Year-End countdown. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Charlotte Sands - Dress

2. Drake - Falling Back (DEBUT)

3. Eddie Benjamin/Alessia Cara - Only You

4. Saucy Santana/Latto - Booty (DEBUT)

5. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira/David Guetta - Don't You Worry (DEBUT)

6. Halsey - So Good

7. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain

8. Dixie D'Amelio - A Letter To Me (DEBUT)

9. Muni Long/Saweetie - Baby Boo

10. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

11. Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth

12. Joji - Glimpse Of Us (DEBUT)

13. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

14. Maggie Rogers - Want Want

15. Lizzo - Grrrls

16. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Drake - Falling Back: So he has now put out a new album called Honestly, Nevermind, and now we have one of the songs from the album making it's debut on there. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about it. Although the production here was still outstanding, but Drake doesn't sound good here and his falsetto is just weird and the song itself was repetitive. So yeah, this is a decent song overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Saucy Santana/Latto - Booty: Wow, I did not expect Hits 1 to pick up this song. Maybe it might've gone viral on TikTok or something. But this is actually an amazing song. I know the song itself sounds ridiculous, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Saucy Santana's vocals were super amazing and the chorus was just the word "booty" repeated a bunch of times. And Latto's verse was so phenomenal here. Though I'm not sure if this is going to be on the countdown, but let's see if it does.


Black Eyed Peas/Shakira/David Guetta - Don't You Worry: The best countdown debut this week. Now, the last time those two collaborated was Girl Like Me, which Hits 1 should've picked up. And now, we have this one. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is actually a step up from Girl Like Me. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, both Will.i.am and Shakira sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Dixie D'Amelio - A Letter To Me: She replaces herself on there this week. Although I'm not really that thrilled to see Wild become a dropout last week, but I do know it's her. But now, we have this song. And of course, this isn't as good as Wild, but it's still another amazing song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing, Dixie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and I really fell in love with the chorus. But again I don't think it's ever going to debut the countdown, but let's see if it does or not.


Joji - Glimpse Of Us: So I've actually remember him from Walking a few years ago, and he actually doesn't sound good in it. And now, we have this song, which of course it's also not a good song. I really have no idea what's going on here. As for my opinion, the production here was so bad, Joji's vocals were awful, I'm not really a fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was absolutely garbage. So yeah, this is just not a good song for me. I'm hoping this doesn't debut the countdown.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain


3 - Decent:

28. Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux - Jiggle Jiggle

27. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

26. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

25. Sam Smith - Love Me More

24. Imagine Dragons - Bones

23. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

22. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

21. Jack Harlow - First Class

20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I

19. Lizzo - About Damn Time

18. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

17. Khalid - Skyline

16. The Weeknd - Out Of Time

15. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

14. Demi Lovato - Skin Of My Teeth

13. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

12. Nicky Youre - Sunroof

11. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand

10. Maneskin - Supermodel

9. Harry Styles - As It Was

8. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

7. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

6. Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

5. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion

4. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You

3. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)

TIE: 1. Halsey - So Good


Total Score: 138/150 = 92% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023